Metal Gear Online (PS3)

Well earlier on i gave up at 31% as erroring (P2P) constantly so i left it and just resumed it from second half of Chelsea game and gone all the way. :))

Seems its fine now for downloading.

that's good - ill have to give it another try after the misses has watched single slags mansion

Did you Http download or P2P?
HTTP wouldn't even start for me. Had to use P2P.

Well earlier on i gave up at 31% as erroring (P2P) constantly so i left it and just resumed it from second half of Chelsea game and gone all the way. :))

Seems its fine now for downloading.
That's great if it's true. I left mine going for a long while though, hours, while I played Euro 2008 - when I checked back on it it said "error, please restart" and when I did it had only done 2%. So I think you got lucky. ;)

When was that Jack ? if it was earlier on in evening then it was getting hammered then.

It seems to have died down abit now and im not the only one reporting this.

Anyway i still cant get poxy Konami ID from the main site https://id.konami.net/login.do its just constantly busy even like 2am this morning was the same.

You cant play the Beta without one on Monday when it opens hope i can register by then.

It was this afternoon so things must have calmed down. I wasn't saying you were fibbing mate! ;) I just said you must have been lucky because that didn't happen to me, but I'm glad they're sorting it out!

I haven't been able to get onto that Konami site either, I'll be up late tonight (thanks to Euro 2008) so I'll give it a try at 1am-2am. If it's still too busy it'll have to be Monday and if it's still too busy then... *Shrug*

I know mate i was just asking as i popped mine on about 9pm i think.

About 1-2pm it was getting hammered though and i gave up and got glued to CYC. :DD

Managed to get onto the Konami ID site just now, there's a button that says "new users click here". So I clicked it and guess what came up; "the system is too busy". :roll:

Dont worry. We still have till the 21st. Be patient. Anyway the site is going down for emergency maintenance soon so hopefully it will be all sorted out. :)

i have the same problems after hours of trying to download the update( i'm so sad and confused) i finally managed but cos it was so slow i had leave my ps3 on all night (praying it didn't melt into a round sheet of plastic and metal) still trying to get my id but it seems the hamster that runs the website has died and it's too expensive to replace it SIGH!!!

I was lucky and got my ID the day before the beta ... but for the life of me i cant remember the password - its bloody stupid as well as your game id has to be different from your konami one... and as usual some shit had taken 'Radiation' so i had to go for the KRadiation variation

Well finally got ID bloody hell there site is awful took bloody ages but i used this method for firefox.

1.You need Firefox

2.Goto Tools Add ons, Get Extensions

3.Find the AutoFormer add on and install it and restart the browser
goto https://id.konami.net/login.do and click register (Blue button on the left) - might take a while but keep trying

4.Enter your date of birth and go to edit in Firefox menu and find AutoFormer, click Save all fields - this will now save you entering the DOB again if you need to come back to this stage

5.click next

6.Wait until the terms show before clicking next again

7.Fill out the entire form carefully, don't rush you have all the time in the world. Make sure you don't use capitals in username, and make sure game id password is all numbers. Make sure phone number and postcode have no spaces

8.now before clicking next click edit again and AutoFormer>save all fields
Click next, it'll probably fail due to time taken to complete the form. Don't worry

9.Start again, this time your DOB should be auto inserted click next to terms, click next to form, click next to confirmation click next and you're done -
SIMPLE!!!

Should have it done with this method under 20 mins. :))

Last edited:
20 minutes in, I got to the furthest point yet but it still timed out on the last page even though I pressed "NEXT" within literally two seconds.

You can tell when it's going to "time out" because instead of getting a "waiting for" message you get a "connecting to" message for aaaaaages on the bottom left of the browser window. Sometimes it tries to connect, sometimes it doesn't.

EDIT: Just short of 30 minutes in and done. HURRAY!

Last edited:
Well finally got ID bloody hell there site is awful took bloody ages but i used this method for firefox.

Should have it done with this method under 20 mins. :))

You´re the man Bingham! Made my ID in 10 minutes :)

I noticed you have to wait until page fully loaded otherwise you get inactivty message what joke inactive for 1 sec and times out.

Have you guys also clicked the link in confirmation email. ?

Hardly 'next-gen' in its seemlessnes is it!

Kojima should check his mouth before he starts slagging the PS3 again and look closer to home about how good his company is...

Perhaps they don't like Hotmail addresses, I've had a few instances where confirmations sent to Hotmail accounts have never been received...

I signed with my gmail address but nothing in my mailbox 'till now...

I´m sure it´s the appropriate folder for konami trash but it´s not there either.

that bloody activation link just would not work for me with aol through firefox. I had to use IE to get it working

Back
Top Bottom