Metal Gear Online (PS3)

More like, is there anyone not thinking that?

jack_thompson.jpg

I'm sure this guy isn't looking forward to Tuesday

Right someone I know has been playing this stateside through the night and he's telling me this game is awesome.

He says the headshot snipe must have been a miss shot as he's got plenty of 1 shot kills - so my shot must have hit the shoulder or somewhere
= which didnt make much sense to me as i had the X-hairs over his eyes - so if the game purposely forces your shots to miss if the targeting X-hair isn't stable then they can fuck right off.

The maps offer plenty of sniping spots as well as in door places to escape the sniping areas and battle with assault rifles

When you find players with mics who actually work as a team (so someone will pick the shield as a weapon to protect you while sacrificing his own score) it becomes perfect

Movement is slow early on because you have to level up - later you move faster, reload faster etc...

--

The problem i have though is the clunky slow unresponsive controls and the fact that unloading a full round into someone at point blank range does fuck all!

And as the game offers points and leveling up - then who in their right mind is going to pick a shield as a weapon over and over while their mates rank up and get all the kills and have all the fun?

For me this game is just wasted space on my HDD

If they had made the movement more fluid like how gears/socom plays in 3rd person - so its basically a FPS in 3rd person this game could have been interesting.

But i just can't get into this at all

This isn't gonna be anything like MGS4 is it, as i can see alot of you lot think its shite :(
Already been discussed.

I'm with Tobi though, no way will the single-player be the same as this. No way in hell. Sony wouldn't let it release in this state, they'd be a laughing stock. Put Gears Of War next to this and it's like putting a Marks And Spencer's Swedish Taklaken Forest Goji Berry Pudding Cake next to a Netto Value Krappencake with a dog squatting over the top of it.

No way will the normal (single-player) game be like this.

This isn't gonna be anything like MGS4 is it, as i can see alot of you lot think its shite :(

In some way i think it will - but the beta / online side is all about leveling up - so everyone is shit at the start and later your skills, movement, auto aim range etc become quicker

Im not keen on the aiming in this game - BUT if you think back how MGS2 played - it was a lot smoother and easier to control and aim - and MGS4 should be the same

I'm enjoying it a alot more now, the Snake mode is very good too.

Been playing this today and I like it!

once you get into the bigger maps and start plotting your way about, its good fun.

esp using the sniper as there are lots of ledges and windows to look out.

that small map nearly put me off as it was too hard to sneak about but in the bigger maps you are forced to taken routes through back alleys and buildings otherwise you get picked off by the snipers

all in all its good fun!

one thing tho I cant get used to the CQC atall. I end up dancing around the enemy showing him my best shapes.

iv'e spent all that time trying to download it update it twice get id's passwords waited an extra week was watching my brother play and to be didn't look like it was worth the hassle i have'nt even played it yet and i don't know if i will either!!!!

Back
Top Bottom