Metal Gear Online (PS3)

Ah ok, I'm DL the update, like the person above says it pretty quick.

updated but im just getting the 'unable to connect to server message' after that

guess were just going to be waiting till 11pm uk /midnight CEST

I think that's when it goes live.

yup im online now - anyone around for a game?

Im in my own room at the moment practising with the password KRADI - not sure if you can invite people in or how the hell you find each other but hey

___

Quit my room as it was boring running around on my own - Noticed an in game friend list in options so ill keep my eyes out for you all

Last edited:
You need a Konami ID, a Game ID and a character ID? I can only just remember my mobile phone number, this is fucking ridiculous.

Just got a message from you Radiation, I searched you to add to the friends list on it but it said "KRadiation does not exist".

Losing patience to be honest, looking at the training bit of the game it's nothing revolutionary.

Hmmmmmm - had a few goes of capture the flag/duck.

Its slow and the controls are a mess, but its potentially tactical, quite hard and I like the camera of the gun - even though you have to press triangle whilst in gun mode (L1) to activate it. Once in though, it has a nice kick - as do all the weapons.

Hard to see whats going on at the mo and I'd like to try some bigger maps.

So far, so meh!

Aiming feels clunky to me is there anyway to turn Auto aim off ? had look a look in options but nothing.

As above really its abit meh ok but nothing special.

I agree it feels way too clunky - changing weapons on the fly is stupidly tough and you either have the choice of shooting while chasing someone OR throwing a grenade but you cant do both in quick succession without having to stop still and hold R2 leaving you open to an easy death.

Running... or should i say walking drags!

Taking cover is useless, slow and doesn't feel like you're taking cover - all it really does is pins you to a wall leaving you open to attack while you fumble around with the triangle button trying to move away

-

Jack - Was i still online at the time? Shortly after i sent that message i quit the game to check this site on the PS3 then i loaded the game back up a few mins later.

We will all have to jump into a private game and play each other - noobs vs noobs so we're not being destroyed by veteran MGS players

-

I think my gripe with the game is changing weapons - i tend to play my games with a gun and 'Nade in hand. I tend to pin people down with bullets and then finish them off with a nade.

But you just can't do that here easily

You might have been offline, I will try again now. Not joining a game though, I've had my fill of this game for now to be honest. Not enjoying it at all.

My name in this is 'tobi316'.

No lag is a pleasant suprise but the characters move so slow is a joke, other than that I'm enjoying it.

Right ive added jack, tobi and pbb to my in game friends list - seems to only let you select a friend you don't have on your list when they are online ... but that might just be me.

- Quick one - how come you are all off work today?

Friday is one of my days off from Uni.

This game is shit

I just sniped some guy - right in the head and it took 1 bars worth of life off him! So to kill someone you need to hit them in the head 4 times!?!?

Then shortly after i spotted a guy playing dead - i ran over and from POINT BLANK range unloaded a full round into him - as i reloaded he stood up and ran... well he slowly waddled away.

Auto aiming is useless - if they are 3 steps away from you it just wont lock onto them - and the turning speed of your character when aiming even when on its maximum 10 setting is a snails pace!

Manual aiming is better - but again it takes that many shots to kill someone it just leaves you wonder whats the point.

Seems the way to kill someone on this is for two of you to run at someone and unload full rounds into them... and cross your fingers

-

If the SP full game is the same as this then kojima can piss right off

I highly doubt that single player is like this.

I cant get back in yet, apparently theirs high traffic....its amazing how they force people to sign up for 2 ID's yet neither appear in game.

This game is shit
Yeah, I'm feeling the same way myself. Definitely just an afterthought. It's piss poor. Hopefully things will change seeing as it's a beta, but my God it's shit. I'm not the kind of person who usually says things like that, everyone has their own opinion, one man's trash is another man's treasure, etc... But my God this is a pile of crap.

I'm with Tobi though, no way will the single-player be the same as this. No way in hell. Sony wouldn't let it release in this state, they'd be a laughing stock. Put Gears Of War next to this and it's like putting a Marks And Spencer's Swedish Taklaken Forest Goji Berry Pudding Cake next to a Netto Value Krappencake with a dog squatting over the top of it.

Last edited:
It wasn't worth the effort of making three seperate pissing IDs, put it like that. Perhaps they will change things based on the feedback they get but at the moment there's too much to list and it's easier to say "it's absolutely crap".

:LOL: Played a bit earlier with some AVF guys and I've got to say...

I'm warming to it!!!

Very tactical - we were in two small squads of 3 and were doing some great flanking and stealthy stuff. Didnt experience the '4 head shots to kill' like you have - but then again, thats no worse than COD4.

What has changed the tide for me on this is I've found an option that allows you to 'lock' the down scope view for the guns (like COD4s LT/L2 button). So now I can go in and out of scope using L1 and it feels more like a FPS when aiming etc.

Also, the freedom of the 360 camera is also useful once you get used to it - i.e. its good for running past doors, but 'looking' into the room with the Right Stick.

Guess people will play this once and write it off, but could be a grower...

Wow - i'm amazed im not the only one thinking this - I expected to be.

On paper this is awesome - but its just far too clunky in real.

I've no idea how they've fcked this one up - but the cover system is a joke when you compare it to something like R6 Vegas - everyone stumbles around slowly - sniping someone in the face doesn't kill them with 1 shot and neither does a full round fired at point blank range - changing weapons on the fly is badly done and its near impossible to combo a grenade and gun against someone - and the slow turning circle/movement makes it impossible to keep your cross hairs on someone at close range.

I like it but I also don't like it, mate you said you added me to your friends list but I cant see you? Also where do we go to leave feedback?

I was in a game a few minutes ago with some Italians and it was very tactical until the connection caved in, it has promise but Konami have a lot of work to do if its going to have any kind of cummunity.

Last edited:
Erm.. in personal data - then friends list

You have to add everyone to there yourself - so if you and a mate want to play you have to add them in there.

For anyone else ive added - Do i show up on your friends list?

=======

The only saving grace for this game would be if i played with and against friends because them even if im having a dump time - i know everyone else is in the same boat and we can just laugh it off

I'm guessing this but I think you both have to add eachother to your friends list, rather than one person adds and they come up on both friends lists. I couldn't see you on mine until I added you Radiation.

Just had another 30 mins and nearly fell asleep!

Also had a situ where I unloaded a whole M4 cartridge into someones chest whilst they stood there and then they shot me 3 times and killed me.

Meh->Impressed->Rage->Sleepy.

Something about it *should* work... I'm sure there is promise in there somewhere.

Prob needs more maps (which will come i know), a 'run' button and something like COD4 where shooters flash up on the map - rather than wandering around.

Ah well, not long till Tuesday....

Back
Top Bottom