Mafia 2

Like Drekkard said the game was great but it felt incomplete and rushed at times which stopped it from reaching the high standard set by its predecessor.

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum (to be honest, I mainly registered to get access to the files on here, but as long as I'm here, I might as well use it).

On topic, I was a big fan of the original Mafia, and have stayed off buying Mafia II until now for economical reasons. I also swore that I would play it on PC, since the console versions was so vastly inferior (history repeats itself). So, when I finally got my a long enough HDMI cable and connected the sound to my reciever, I get to play the superior PC version on reasonably high settings and on full HD. Gotta say, the game looks spectacular in full HD, and it's great that the PC has more or less gotten a default controller in the X360 controller. I'm one of the weirdos who don't like to play with mouse and keyboard for the most part (Civilization and typical CRPGS like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights not included), so I play through Mafia II on my PC with my X360 controller.

So far, I'm not really impressed with the story, but I guess that could change. I do like it enough to carry one though. I also can't find a quick-save key - in fact, I can't seem to be able to save at all when I want to. Graphically, it looks astonishing, sound is excellent (I have yet to get surround from my soundcard though, not sure what I need to do to get that). Atmosphere is as you expect from a Mafia game. Looking forward to play more.

I remember playing the first game on my PC, I also had the Microsoft Sidewinder Driving Wheel which added to the fun.

I liked the second one, not keen on the ending, but still enjoyable.

FD

Joe's Adventure DLC is out today/tomorrow for PC, PS3 and 360. 800 MS Points/£6.29. Adds around 6-8 hours of content and focuses on Joe during a specific period of Mafia 2's narrative. It also adds some new content such as cars, music and map areas.

Why bring shit out after people have done with it ages ago?

If this was out a week after the game i would have got it with how much i enjoyed it and it being fresh in my mind but now its lost its appeal same as this other late Red Dead DLC stuff

Mm I got to liek chapter 10+ then formatted my hard drive. I dont know if I have motivation to replay it to get to where I was.

Anyone got any save files they can send me?

Back
Top Bottom