Lost - Season 4 - Spoilers in Tags only please

Re: Lost - Season 4 (January 31)

He was never on the show. It's a new character. I'm 100% sure about it.

Apparently it was Christian Shepard (Jacks Dad) sat in the rocking chair inside Jacobs cabin

Cap08.jpg

Re: Lost - Season 4

Great start to the season, hurley was excellent and a cameo from Lt Daniels from the Wire. Just hope this writers strike sorts itself out in the next month so we dont get a break in episodes!

How creepy was the black guy in the mental institution!

Brilliant scene that one wasn't it. Prob best of the new episode - so sinister

if anyone wants to check out losteastereggs some of the real net geeks :) have been poring over the scenes in jacobs hut etc.. theyere not spoilers just things people might have missed

They also picked up that when Hurley was in custody it was charlie who appeared underwater and even had something written on his hand!

db

Really enjoyed it and looking forward to ep. 2.

I was trying to think of the 6, obviously Jack, Kate and Hurley. I was remembering the last episode in se03, and assumed the guy back at Kate's house was Sawyer. There's also a dead body into the bargain, but sure it was a guy that no-one bothered to see, wonder if it was Locke? The other one could be the girl with the baby but thought that would make it 7 with the baby? Or most probably Saeed.

FD

Really enjoyed it and looking forward to ep. 2.

I was trying to think of the 6, obviously Jack, Kate and Hurley. I was remembering the last episode in se03, and assumed the guy back at Kate's house was Sawyer. There's also a dead body into the bargain, but sure it was a guy that no-one bothered to see, wonder if it was Locke? The other one could be the girl with the baby but thought that would make it 7 with the baby? Or most probably Saeed.

FD

I think Michael plays a part of this.

Aaaaah, good shout Milan, totally forgot about him.

So that'd be Hurley, Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Michael and Walt.

Actually I'm thinking that for them to get back to the Island, Michael might be the one to get them back.

FD

Great episode, Charlie appearing was a surprise. Maybe he isn't actually dead and managed to swim through the port-hole in the looking glass? There are some strange things in Lost but surely Hurley talking to a dead man goes beyond what is believable.

You say that but he disappeared when Hurley shut his eyes for five seconds, along with his car, so...

It's gone a bit too OTT for me now, it just keeps getting more and more ludicrous without explaining a single thing. There'll be flying cutlery appearing at random intervals next, with no explanation sought nor offered.

There's cliffhangers and there's putting you in a dark room and beating you with a stick every week, I feel cheated after waiting so long for that big fuck-off monster dealy that killed Ecko to be explained.

Not interested any more.

Don't give in Jack hang in there, you've come this far!!

Maybe Hurley is completely cabbaged and Charlie is in his imagination. He is in a mental hospital...

Last edited:

The missus watches it every week so I'll get a catchup from her. How many 45 minute episodes (times what, 50) do we have to sit through before we get an inkling of what's going on? It's an insult.

There's only one thing I want to know, and that is - if it's not about religion or aliens, and it's "perfectly reasonable", how the hell does a big metal snake thing come out of the ground and whack someone to death?

There is no answer, whatever they come up with will either be totally open-ended and not a real answer or something so totally bizarre (i.e. "it's set on a fake Earth that nobody realises is a fake Earth in the year 5034") that it will just make me angry that I've wasted so much time on it.

Personally one of the things I like about Lost is it gives you far more questions than answers, there are more than enough formulaic TV shows out there so I'm happy to watch one that leaves me confused after every episode, I have no problem if they never provide answers to the big questions, mystery is good :)

Episode 2 on Sky Anytime...

"Next weekend's episode is unaffected and will be available on Saturday, as planned."

Click

Personally one of the things I like about Lost is it gives you far more questions than answers, there are more than enough formulaic TV shows out there so I'm happy to watch one that leaves me confused after every episode, I have no problem if they never provide answers to the big questions, mystery is good :)

I agree there. I really enjoy the mysteries because every small thing makes us surprised.

Whats the point of putting on Anytime 24hrs before? May as well just show it Saturday!?

Anyway, what a great episode that was! Loved it and its reignited the Lost fire in me and the missus.

Sooooo many more questions already and I like the way they had no flashbacks (is it right, there are only flashforwards now?).

The bit with Lt.Daniels (sorry, he will always be that!) in the asylum made me shiver, brilliantly acted.

The thing with Charlie and Hurley was odd - Charlie even said "yea, I'm dead"... so what is it? Ghost, imagination, futuristic hologram?! And he looked different to normal too, like he was living in the 'now'.

Gonna be fun trying to get the timeline with all the different flashforwards - like when Jack met up with Hurley and said they were "never going back", yet the last episode before this was obviously later and Jack insisted to Kate "we HAVE to go back".

What are they going back for? To me so far, sounds like a rescue mission for people left on the island. The way that Hurley kept hearing "they need you" etc...

Arrghhhh... MORE EPISODES NOW!!

It's a shitter about the strike, aye. Just when the writers said that we can finally have an uninterrupted season (spoken in advance of Season 4's production), a strike begins.

Loved the season opener, so much to talk about but mostly all done here already. I had a feeling after the basketball scene that the thing that changes Jack from "not bothered now" to "we have to GO BACK, Kate!" could possibly either be Charlie or another believed-dead-islander visiting him , or the Black Smoke maybe appearing in his dreams or off the island, the smoke as we know being a sort of justice system. If Jack's left a lot of people behind on the island, he could get tortured for it?

Agh. Questions created mean so much speculation within my tortured mind. but I love it.

Whats the point of putting on Anytime 24hrs before? May as well just show it Saturday!?

Its because they can and because people like me will watch it straight away.

Lost will never be on a Saturday because the general consensus is that no one is in, CSI NY gets away with it because its CSI NY.

How many TV shows (new episodes) are shown on a Saturday night? Hardly any.

I had a feeling after the basketball scene that the thing that changes Jack from "not bothered now" to "we have to GO BACK, Kate!"

Hello proxi, long time no see on here pal ;)

I was thinking the exact same thing about Jack. What will it be that makes him think that he has to go back ? In the newest episode he was very relaxed about not going back but in the last episode of last series he was pretty determined to go back!

Also I would like to know how far in the future was the finale of series 3 was compared to the 1st episode of series 4 off island :-k

Hello proxi, long time no see on here pal ;)
Hola! Nice to be back.

At a rough guess I'd say less than a year but more than a few months? :D God it's insanely intriguing. Whilst Jack ain't a spiritual man as much as Locke, I'd say it would take him a while to be completely changed in terms of opinion.

I'm reckoning the Oceanic Six, (or Five if Jack does a Heath Ledger) will go back in Season 6, and it'll probably end up with them all dead, or just the one survivor - Vincent of course.

proxi, metallica

do you suppose perhaps that Jack gets a visitation from the mysterious Mr Abadon ?

In that last scene at the end of Series 3 Kate almost seems to be in teh same situation Jack was with Hurley. E.g trying to get back to a normal life.

Has anyone got any ideas if the guy in the coffin is perhaps Michael or one of the six ? (if they arent the same thing??!)

db

Back
Top Bottom