Liverpool Thread

Liverpool have agreed terms with Fulham's Steed Malbranque according to L'Equipe magazine.

"Steed has been very affected by Tigana not staying at Fulham and that's the first reason why he will move," said his agent Frederic Dobraje. "The second reason is that he wants to progress and get into the French national team.

"Gerard Houllier believes in Steed because he's a good young player and Liverpool are better than Fulham. That's logical. Steed likes Liverpool because they're a very good team with very good players and a big history as a club.

According to the French magazine the deal will go through after Liverpool's game with FC Cologne on Wednesday

MYSTERY MEDICAL ON SATURDAY
Word reaches us during the past 24 hours that a medical was completed at the weekend on a future signing.

The player arrived at Liverpool's John Lennon airport on Saturday and was picked up by a senior member of the Liverpool backroom team and taken for a medical.

At this present time we are unable to positively confirm the identity of the player but we believe it to be Djibril Cisse of Auxerre. We told you on 11th June that the Auxerre forward would join Liverpool this season and not next.

We also believe that this may not be the only arrival from Auxerre and there is a potential part-exchange deal with Auxerre for a senior 1st team squad player.

Misfit said:
Word reaches us during the past 24 hours that a medical was completed at the weekend on a future signing.

The player arrived at Liverpool's John Lennon airport on Saturday and was picked up by a senior member of the Liverpool backroom team and taken for a medical.

At this present time we are unable to positively confirm the identity of the player but we believe it to be Djibril Cisse of Auxerre. We told you on 11th June that the Auxerre forward would join Liverpool this season and not next.

We also believe that this may not be the only arrival from Auxerre and there is a potential part-exchange deal with Auxerre for a senior 1st team squad player.

Aren't you breaking the terms of your Koptalk Insider membership?
I'm not complaining, I like getting this stuff, but they might hunt it down

markd2k3 said:
Misfit said:

Aren't you breaking the terms of your Koptalk Insider membership?
I'm not complaining, I like getting this stuff, but they might hunt it down

didnt get this from koptalk but ynwa instead

Misfit said:

1st of yes yes yes Malbranque is so the player that we need.

2nd well whoever this mystery player is I hope we exchange him for Heskey...or Diomede, Heggem, Biscan, Traore....

Sabac Red said:
Misfit said:

1st of yes yes yes Malbranque is so the player that we need.

2nd well whoever this mystery player is I hope we exchange him for Heskey...or Diomede, Heggem, Biscan, Traore....

diomede and heggem are gone man.Let them(auxerre) have heskey, biscan,smicer for all i care

Liverpool are questioning the role of England manager Sven Goran Eriksson in Chelsea's interest in midfielder Steven Gerrard.The Daily Post says concerns are growing at Anfield that the England boss advised new Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to move for the midfielder.
Such claims would represent a major conflict of interest given Eriksson's role as national coach.
Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier is believed to be both puzzled and concerned with Eriksson's influence.
It is claimed Eriksson gave Abramovich a list of the best players in the Premiership, with Gerrard at the top.

Liverpool are gonna win the Premiership this season, the mighty reds will be back on top :D

Na, im sure Liverpool will finish in there usuall place of 5th!!! :mrgreen:

Zico said:
Na, im sure Liverpool will finish in there usuall place of 5th!!! :mrgreen:

and i am sure arsene will be a whinger all season long and u will win fuck all :mrgreen:

I'd like to see us buy back Macca from Real Madrid as he's rumoured to be out of favour with the new chairman and hasnt been given a squad number.

And according to Sky news earlier this morning, Everton want to sign him :shock:

if he decides to drop his wage demands,it wouldnt be so bad.IMO he could still do a job on the right as a squad player.Still would prefer someone else

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
fU(K macca, he ripped liverpool off.....................

i know,feel that way as well,but if he decides to take a 26-28000 per week,we'd be f*ckin him back.And he might just do the job.Although would really prefer someone else

word has it that we're after an italian legend."old head",albertini!Hope not as we got so much competition for that position.Might be baggio as well as he is stalling on a new contract with brescia.

Your really rippin the pi$$ out of them double posts aren't you Zico? :mrgreen: ;)

Soon you'll be overtaking me. I swear I was a couple of thousand ahead of you only the matter of a month or two ago and now your almost at my total. :shock:

FD

Obviously Zico just sits at his desk all day, hunched over his computer furiously concentrating on the forums and thinking of as many ways as possible that he can come up with witty one word replies :D

liverpool's pre season starts today with an away fixture against fc cologne.
Hope we get off to a resounding win with kewell among the scorers.Actually im hoping for a good showing rather than the result as we might be playing with two diff teams in each half

Noticed your Sensi guy is displaying the Pool away top. Look rather nice when I saw it. Anyone got a pic of it?

FD

here ya go:

liverpoolaway.jpg

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
fU(K macca, he ripped liverpool off.....................

He hardly ripped us off, he declared that he wasn't going to sign a new contract after giving the club 10 years of loyal service. It's not as though he acted like Sol Campbell, who said that he would sign a new contract and them fecked off to their most hated rivals. He's a great player and I'd love to see him back at Liverpool, although not at £60k a week

On a side note, anyone agree with me that we should play a diamond midfield next season, with Gerrard on the right, Kewell on the left and Diouf in the hold behind Baros and Owen. Add in Riise and Finnan overlapping and that looks like goals a plenty to me.

Very nice Misfit, cheers.

I was thinking of getting that kit, but I saw the silver Real Madrid top and now that might get the nod. Not a great fan of getting other team's kits, but they are 2 nice strips.

FD

Misfit said:
liverpool's pre season starts today with an away fixture against fc cologne.
Hope we get off to a resounding win with kewell among the scorers.Actually im hoping for a good showing rather than the result as we might be playing with two diff teams in each half

Its live on Channel 5 tonight for those of us in the UK who can actually receive it :D

fd1972uk said:
Your really rippin the pi$$ out of them double posts aren't you Zico? :mrgreen: ;)

Soon you'll be overtaking me. I swear I was a couple of thousand ahead of you only the matter of a month or two ago and now your almost at my total. :shock:

FD

Na, i think you will find it was only a couple of hundred FD. :mrgreen: ;)

CWright said:
Obviously Zico just sits at his desk all day, hunched over his computer furiously concentrating on the forums and thinking of as many ways as possible that he can come up with witty one word replies :D

It's boredom my friend! :D

fd1972uk said:
Cool..........what time is the kick-off?

FD

Programme starts at 5 past 7 otnight so I assume kick off will be about 7.30. Houllier has said that the new signings will get a run out

Back
Top Bottom