Liverpool Thread

Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:
markd2k3 said:
My view on the Gerrard thing, continuing from the Transfer thread. I can't be bothered reading back, so apologies if this debate has already been resolved

I don't mind people disliking players, but your point is just completely obscure. Just run and put the foot in? How about his goal against Serbia and Montenegro? Or his wonder goal against Tottenham? I just don't see what you're criticising him for. His ability to pass is superb, the accuracy is pinpoint and he knows exactly what pass to play. He doesn't run aimlessly, otherwise he wouldn't have a multitude of plaudits. In fact, I think you're the first person I've heard slate him, and your reasons are just crazy. When thinking about players followed purely because of media hype around them, think more about David 'I've only got a right foot and I'm a one trick pony and can't tackle' Beckham

glad ya brought it here,he just plays too many long passes for me.He hits it as soon as he gets it.He could be more productive with the ball.Too many reckless challenges.The likes of hamann,vieira(not till last couple of seasons) tackle much better,break up play without gettin a card.And as for wonder goals,if that goal he scored against spurs was wonderful,what was henry's against spurs?He doesnt score much.Look at his percentage(no of shots made,no on target,you'll get what i mean).I never said media the hype part.Dont know where ya got it from
Misfit I feel you are poor judge of a player.........You slag gerrard, And then You keep bangin' on about Cisse, when from what i've seen of him he looks CRAP AVERAGE at best, he was crap at anfield and woeful ind the confed cup!

watch cisse in the french league,awesome pace and power.french strikers are crap when they play for their national team,even henry surprisingly. yes he wasnt impressive at anfield,but then again so wasnt auxerre or even liverpool.Auxerre had three shots that night,guess who got all three?
the likes of milan,juve,roma,barca and loads of top clubs want him not gerrard but guess you have better judgement than all other top clubs in europe.you got a job?
Yet more drivel written by Misfit,!

Cisse in the french league!..........The french league is generally very poor (compared to seria A, EPL, and la liga)And he only scored 14 goals last season.........................

No one's bidding for gerrard!??!...........That's cause he's not for sale at ANY price, and liverpool aren't a selling club. You FOOL!

CHEATING soccer ace Emile Heskey finally got the boot from his missus when she found his lover's steamy texts on his mobile.

Furious Kylee Pinsent told pals: "It's over - I just can't trust him any more."

She raged at the England and Liverpool striker over the flirty messages from cocktail waitress Chantelle Tagoe and ordered him to get out.

Heskey, 25, fled to stay the night in a hotel - and left so quickly he hardly packed a thing and had to go on a clothes buying spree next day.

Meanwhile Kylee, mother of his three kids - aged five, three and one - phoned Chantelle, 20, to rant at her for taking her man.

The showdown came two months after The People exposed the soccer ace's secret fling. Heskey had assured Kylee he was no longer seeing his stunning mistress.

But a pal revealed: "When Kylee found the texts between Emile and Chantelle she hit the roof and said, 'We're finished'.

"She has enough to do looking after their children, let alone deal with a straying partner. She went berserk when she found out. It was the final humiliation. She was devastated and crying all the time."

Today The People can also reveal that Heskey is giving his mistress £15,000 to buy a trendy Toyota jeep.

A friend said: "The truth is that Emile has never been able to give Chantelle up. Once Kylee finds out about the cash she will know she has done the right thing.

"Text messages are one thing but giving money for a new car is really taking the mickey."

Last night Kylee was at the £750,000 Merseyside home she shared with Heskey - her long-time lover though they have never wed.

The £11million player was in Switzerland for pre-season training with Liverpool teammates.

Chantelle, who is studying at college to be a beautician, hopes the bust-up means she can have Heskey for keeps.

One of her friends said: "Chantelle has never pushed Emile to leave because she knows he loves his kids.

"She told me, 'We don't use the love word, we use smoochy words'.

"But now it looks like Kylee has made the choice for Emile by booting him out. Chantelle will be waiting with open arms when he gets back to Britain."

The friend said the first Chantelle knew of the row was when Kylee screamed at her down the phone.

"Kylee was shouting at her to stay away from her man," said the pal.

"At first Chantelle pretended she didn't know what the woman was ranting about."

Kylee had nabbed Emile's mobile while he was asleep. "Although he had erased many of the texts from Chantelle he had not cleared all the loving messages she had sent him," the friend revealed.

Emile and Chantelle had been as discreet as possible after we revealed they met up in New York in secret.

The friend said: "He has been paranoid about getting caught. Just recently he promised to meet her at Mr Smith's nightclub in Warrington.

"But he never showed. He promised he'd move heaven and earth to be there. But he couldn't get away without making Kylee suspicious - a risk he would never take."

Despite his caution, Heskey has showered his young mistress with expensive gifts. Chantelle is rarely seen without the £3,000 diamond ear studs that he bought her.

He also paid for designer clothes, a £300 Louis Vuitton shoulder bag and black satin tracksuit from an American boutique. And he agreed to fork out for Chantelle's car when she passed her driving test last week.

Chantelle is waiting for the Toyota Rav 4 - which she calls "the beast" to arrive. She told pals: "It's lovely with a soft top, and black."

The friend said: "Emile had always promised her a motor if she passed and she already has £5,000 towards the Toyota.

"It's been ordered and he'll give her the rest of the money when the dealer has it ready for collection. He has taken the amount out in small amounts to disguise it."

A source revealed that Heskey "spent a fortune on new designer gear" before flying to Switzerland.

"He told his mates his old clothes were probably already out with the bins because Kylee was so furious," said the source.

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:
markd2k3 said:
My view on the Gerrard thing, continuing from the Transfer thread. I can't be bothered reading back, so apologies if this debate has already been resolved

I don't mind people disliking players, but your point is just completely obscure. Just run and put the foot in? How about his goal against Serbia and Montenegro? Or his wonder goal against Tottenham? I just don't see what you're criticising him for. His ability to pass is superb, the accuracy is pinpoint and he knows exactly what pass to play. He doesn't run aimlessly, otherwise he wouldn't have a multitude of plaudits. In fact, I think you're the first person I've heard slate him, and your reasons are just crazy. When thinking about players followed purely because of media hype around them, think more about David 'I've only got a right foot and I'm a one trick pony and can't tackle' Beckham

glad ya brought it here,he just plays too many long passes for me.He hits it as soon as he gets it.He could be more productive with the ball.Too many reckless challenges.The likes of hamann,vieira(not till last couple of seasons) tackle much better,break up play without gettin a card.And as for wonder goals,if that goal he scored against spurs was wonderful,what was henry's against spurs?He doesnt score much.Look at his percentage(no of shots made,no on target,you'll get what i mean).I never said media the hype part.Dont know where ya got it from
Misfit I feel you are poor judge of a player.........You slag gerrard, And then You keep bangin' on about Cisse, when from what i've seen of him he looks CRAP AVERAGE at best, he was crap at anfield and woeful ind the confed cup!

watch cisse in the french league,awesome pace and power.french strikers are crap when they play for their national team,even henry surprisingly. yes he wasnt impressive at anfield,but then again so wasnt auxerre or even liverpool.Auxerre had three shots that night,guess who got all three?
the likes of milan,juve,roma,barca and loads of top clubs want him not gerrard but guess you have better judgement than all other top clubs in europe.you got a job?

Cisse in the french league!..........The french league is generally very poor (compared to seria A, EPL, and la liga)And he only scored 14 goals last season.........................

No one's bidding for gerrard!??!...........That's cause he's not for sale at ANY price, and liverpool aren't a selling club. You FOOL!

fowler,litmanen ring any bells?real's interest in owen,is he for sale?i didnt say bidding,interest,just no interest in gerrard

Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
Misfit said:
markd2k3 said:

fowler,litmanen ring any bells?real's interest in owen,is he for sale?i didnt say bidding,interest,just no interest in gerrard
Don't be so blinkered. Manu, arsenal, madrid, would snap pool's hand off for gerrard.

Don't be so blinkered. Manu, arsenal, madrid, would snap pool's hand off for gerrard.

Doing a bit of trimming on quotes, it ain't necessary to quote the entire thread! ;)

Totally agree on this, a midfielder who at 23 can compete with and at times get the better of Viera? Priceless. Last season was a bit inconsistent, as were all of Liverpool, but he showed at times the genius he is capable of. That cup game I can't remember but he single handedly turned the game in Pool's favour.

ProEvo said:
His record with England ain't bad either........... ;)

I'd love to see him at Chelsea next season!!!! :mrgreen: :shock: ;)

Imagine the look on all you Scousers!!! :mrgreen: :shock:
Fook that Gerrard ain't going nowhere!!!..................Vieira on the other hand............ :mrgreen:

ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
ProEvo said:

Fook that Gerrard ain't going nowhere!!!..................Vieira on the other hand............ :mrgreen:

The new Chelsea Chairman has got everyone a little nervous.............. ;)

ProEvo said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
ProEvo said:

Yeah I know *shudders*

ProEvo said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
ProEvo said:

its a pity how they will not get anyone though.Chelski and Barca are bein this pre-seasons joke

Misfit said:
ProEvo said:
ZZZZ VAPOUR said:
ProEvo said:

its a pity how they will not get anyone though.Chelski and Barca are bein this pre-seasons joke

There's another month yet tho............anything could happen!!!! :l :x ;)

Im not really that surprised Chelsea hav'nt brought in any real star players yet coz most the players the've been linked with are at better clubs then Chelsea anyway.

I honestly think Ronaldiniho would of gone to Barca if they were in the Champions League this season rather then play in dreary Manchester which he'll probably end up at now

GoonerMagik said:
Im not really that surprised Chelsea hav'nt brought in any real star players yet coz most the players the've been linked with are at better clubs then Chelsea anyway.

I honestly think Ronaldiniho would of gone to Barca if they were in the Champions League this season rather then play in dreary Manchester which he'll probably end up at now

It'll be fun to see how Fergie copes with the Goofy-Tooth One if he joins Man U...........supposedly hecan be a right bastud off the field!!!! :mrgreen: ;)

Harry Kewell just keeps getting better and better, heres a quote from this mornings paper

LIVERPOOL new boy Harry Kewell snubbed Alex Ferguson as he thinks the Manchester United empire is about to crumble.

Kewell, 24, joined the Anfield side from Leeds for £5million last week in a deal that will net him £70,000 a week.

But he could have taken an even BIGGER pay packet from United boss Fergie.

Kewell discussed the package with pal and agent Bernie Mandic.

And despite the last-ditch offer of £90,000 a week, the Aussie winger decided against joining the Premiership champions because they are due a slide.

Mandic said: “Harry wanted to go to a club he felt were on the up. I think United are destined for a downturn.

“United had a huge amount of success over the years.

“But I think United, if you look at cycles, are destined to go into a downturn whether it is this year, next year, whenever.”

And Kewell added: “You can have all the money in the world but if you look back at trophies, you can say ‘I was there’.”

:D

CWright said:
Harry Kewell just keeps getting better and better, heres a quote from this mornings paper

LIVERPOOL new boy Harry Kewell snubbed Alex Ferguson as he thinks the Manchester United empire is about to crumble.

Kewell, 24, joined the Anfield side from Leeds for £5million last week in a deal that will net him £70,000 a week.

But he could have taken an even BIGGER pay packet from United boss Fergie.

Kewell discussed the package with pal and agent Bernie Mandic.

And despite the last-ditch offer of £90,000 a week, the Aussie winger decided against joining the Premiership champions because they are due a slide.

Mandic said: “Harry wanted to go to a club he felt were on the up. I think United are destined for a downturn.

“United had a huge amount of success over the years.

“But I think United, if you look at cycles, are destined to go into a downturn whether it is this year, next year, whenever.”

And Kewell added: “You can have all the money in the world but if you look back at trophies, you can say ‘I was there’.”

:D

He is the man

So like I saw the shit talk about Gerrard...hahahahaha...

He is not going anywhere, if he was it sure wouldn't be
to another Prem club even the likes of Chelsea.

Gerrard is a great passer even at times better than the likes of Beckham & Zidane in some aspects mainly due to his quick instinct to hit a 40+ ball precisely to an attacking player. He's a fast thinker he is not Zidane he doesn't pick up the ball stroll with it the hit a neat def flick of a pass...No he is more straight forward which I see as a good thing for Liverpool cause as of late we've lost our great counter attacking play so there's only been the Gerrard option.

But with the likes of Kewell playing freely/on the left we should be more creatively productive next season.

Gerrard has come to be England's best player without a doubt he is a very good player overall. Aimless running? Brash tackles? I think it comes down to a thing called hunger...Look at that goal he scored against Charlton at the end of last season that was a prime example of Gerrard's passion.

There's no need to hate on a player like Gerrard....

As for Cisse i've become rather not impressed...he looked very lost in the confed cup...I hope he bucks up his play for the upcoming season for Auxerre...

Nah,still think gerrard is highly overrated.As for cisse,good chance he might be playin for us this season as we are still negotiating with two players

No.

Beckham= Overrated cause it is quite clearly obvious

I don't think Gerrard is overrated, people just say he is cause he is actually good.

what do ya guys think of joe cole and michael carrick?We have shown interest in them in the past,wonder if they might be one of the players we might get.Im sure they would be on the cheap as their contracts are up next season and with west ham bein in div 1 they could use the cash

Cole and Carrick are both decent players but we seem to have gone cool on them recently. Who knows who else we will actually sign this summer?

Mind you, saying that Houllier has come out and said that Kewell is the last piece of the jigsaw and will not be spending any more money this year

I'd go with Carrick if we are to let Hamann leave sometime in
the near future.

Joe Cole a player who was overrated & much hyped up but
has kind of fizzled out...

I still say we should sign Malbranque....

CWright said:
Cole and Carrick are both decent players but we seem to have gone cool on them recently. Who knows who else we will actually sign this summer?

Mind you, saying that Houllier has come out and said that Kewell is the last piece of the jigsaw and will not be spending any more money this year

houllier was misqouted when said this is the last of signings.He actually said that in refrence to the players bein presented at the press confrence.The wallet has said there will be more signings

Sabac Red said:
I'd go with Carrick if we are to let Hamann leave sometime in
the near future.

Joe Cole a player who was overrated & much hyped up but
has kind of fizzled out...

I still say we should sign Malbranque....

totally agree on malbranque.See him as one who can provide lots of goals and he'd only cost 4mill.

I am a huge fan of Cole, I think he would be a great signing for Pool. A player with his potential is hard to find, and Liverpool have no one who could play like he does.

However, he certainly could develop into nothing (although there is a huge upside to all his talent) but he certainly won't cost much and is worth the risk.

Houllier has squashed the gerrard to chelsea rumours.

Gerard Houllier has reaffirmed the club's insistence that Steven Gerrard is staying at Anfield by revealing the midfielder is vital to his long term plans.

Liverpool responded to rumours that Chelsea were lining up a staggering £50 million bid for him by issuing a press release stating they have no desire to sell.

Reds boss Houllier is a huge admirer of Gerrard and insists he is going nowhere.

"Steven is a player who is central to my long-term plans," says Houllier. "Everyone knows that. The Liverpool board share my view on this so there's no chance of him going anywhere.

"I said at the end of last season I'm sure he will sign another contract. His future is here and the good thing is he wants to be at Liverpool.

"He's happy here and doesn't want to play for anyone else. He is progressing all the time and this is the club for him."

Back
Top Bottom