LittleBigPlanet

I spent an hour last night making the opening level to Sonic 2 (well a rough level using the same template) - i made half of it and then somehow ended up fucking it all up when i copied a part of the level that was attached to another and another so when i moves and placed it down everything ended up in a double vision style and it wouldn't rewind back to before that!

I started the mario 1 opening level as well but the lack of breakable bricks kinda put me of it - and it's quite sparse as well.

I started a level this morning - you start off appearing in hell where a grim reaper greets you and asks you to step into hell and wait for him - you go in - use a hung charred sackboy to swing across some flames then after a few more obstacles you are told by another skeleton to head up and wait for orders - when you get there there is a wall of flames and a voice orders you to step into them and you will be dealt with by Satan.

And that's where the great escape starts where you head right and up and up and up and eventually break free and end up in a cloudy area with nice music and lots of pick ups.

But i've no idea what to do with the level after that - maybe i'll just end it with a god like person saying 'well done' or something.

---

25,000 more LBP beta codes to come

Media Molecule has pledged to give out a further 25,000 codes for the LittleBigPlanet beta 'soon'.

The beta, which kicked off earlier this week, gives lucky participants a small taste of some of the pre-made levels in the game, as well as a hefty chunk of the Create mode, which allows users to make levels, mini games and... pretty much anything.

"Over the next week there are over 25,000 codes being given out," said a MM representative on the official forums.

"The LittleBigPlanet News Site will be giving out more details," they added.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=197977

Last edited:
How do put points bubbles in your created levels?

I just played a NeoGaf Lemmings level, very cool.

Radiation, your level sounds quality! Really does sound like you can do what you want in this game :))

Photo0063.jpg

The start.

Last edited:
is that it? just "good"? i dont buy "good" games unless i have money to waste, i buy "amazing" games:applaud::TU:

From the limited time I had with it, I would say its the most innovative game ever made - not only is it fun, clever, great looking (all like me) in its own right, the creation tools allow for a massive amount of different game types to be created.

So far, I've seen platformers, a football game and a tetris style game - all made with the in-game tools.

Amazing. Get it - you will be about the only one in the World with a PS3 that doesnt!

From the limited time I had with it, I would say its the most innovative game ever made - not only is it fun, clever, great looking (all like me) in its own right, the creation tools allow for a massive amount of different game types to be created.

So far, I've seen platformers, a football game and a tetris style game - all made with the in-game tools.

Amazing. Get it - you will be about the only one in the World with a PS3 that doesnt!
u made a footy game? interesting indeed. i'l get it after xmas ;)

wife has my money on lockdown because where going to the Philippines this xmas and i can barely afford to buy fifa09 lol;))

u made a footy game? interesting indeed. i'l get it after xmas ;)

wife has my money on lockdown because where going to the Philippines this xmas and i can barely afford to buy fifa09 lol;))

Nah, I didnt make it, its what I've seen *can* be done with the physics tools in the game.

TBH, the Tetris was more impressive as it recognised lines of blocks, removed them and then gave out prizes for each line.

Very clever - fuck knows how to do it though!

Just published my ESCAPE FROM HELL level - it's short but I was aiming for a story rather than a points-fest level.

Basically for those without the beta - you spawn at the start of the level and are greeted by the Grim Reaper Sackboy - he informs you he's been expecting you and asks you to move along and wait for him. you enter a cave and walk past some wondering eyes. Past that you will bump into a hanging sackboy above a flame pit - leap onto him and use his body to sing yourself across the flames - onwards and upwards... you eventually will reach another reaper who tells you to leap into the flames ahead of him and surrender your soul to Satan. Ignoring him you grab a jat pack and fly up up and away and end up on a patform in the coulds.

You run right picking up the pick ups and then you reach the pearly gates where Saint Peter spots you and demands you give him the pearls back you just grabbed - you run past him - onto a glass surface - a race starts and in MP everyone will start sliding down a slope picking up pick ups until they hit the end.

A short story driven test level - Hope you all enjoy it. (I'll capture and upload a video later tonight)

Jay - your level is rock hard the first play through - loads of things to watch out for like the erm.. at the first big glass piece. I've still not finished it!

Last edited:
hey,from the sound you guys making this beta sounds very good. but i don't understand bout the keys? why did u need the keys? and where to download this beta?

The guys over at PlayStation.Blog just complied a list of where you will find LittleBigPlanet beta keys in the "the next few days." They have listed IGN, 1UP, Gametrailers and the official LBP news site but no additional information was provided.

Nothing from IGN, 1UP or Gametrailers yet but from the official LBP site;

Online Beta access
By SackBoy103 Last Updated: 26/09/2008 14:13:18

...Monday...

http://littlebigplanet.us.playstation.com/post/2008/09/Online-Beta-access.aspx

Not sure if this means an open beta or if they will have keys there on monday to give away but everyone after access keep your eyes locked to that site on monday

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom