LittleBigPlanet

You had to know this sort of thing was coming: As you can see right after the break, Super Mario Bros.' World 1-1 has been replicated in the make-your-own-fun platformer, LittleBigPlanet. It's not exact (in fact, we wouldn't be surprised to see players trying to immediately trump it) but it's still adorable.

What's surprising, though, is that it appears to lose a bit in the fun department during translation. Of course, maybe this is more about the actual achievement. We should really stop looking a gift Sackboy in the mouth.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/26/see-marios-world-1-1-in-littlebigplanet/

All 48 LittleBigPlanet trophies revealed

Bronze Trophies

* The Gardens - Complete all levels in The Gardens
* The Savannah - Complete all levels in The Savannah
* The Wedding - Complete all levels in The Wedding
* The Canyon - Complete all levels in The Canyon
* The Metropolis - Complete all levels in The Metropolis
* The Islands - Complete all levels in The Islands
* The Temples - Complete all levels in The Temples
* Expert Creator - Complete all levels in the tutorials
* Artist - Place a sticker
* Homemaker - Place 10 stickers or decorations in your pod
* Fashion Sense - Choose a costume for your sackperson with at least one item on your head, at least one item on your body, and a material
* Forager - Collect 25% of the prize bubbles on the story levels
* Sticky Fingers - Collect 50% of the prize bubbles on the story levels
* Treasure Hunter - Collect 75% of the prize bubbles on the story levels
* 2X Multiplier! - Get a 2X Multiplier
* 8X Multiplier! - Get a 8X Multiplier
* Incredible Speed! - Travel at incredible speed
* Incredible Height! - Travel to an incredible height
* Friendly - Complete a level with more than one player
* Party Person - Complete a level online with 3 other players who are on your friends list
* Socialite - Complete a level online with 3 other players who are not on your friends list
* Top of the Class - Win a 4-player game
* Traveler - Complete a community level
* FIRST! - Be among the first 10 people to complete a community level
* Opinionated - Tag a community level
* Neighborhood - Watch Heart 5 community levels
* Networking - Heart 3 authors
* Talkative - Post a comment on a community level
* Creator - Build and save a level with the thermometer more than 30% full
* Team Creator - Build and save a level with more than one player with the thermometer more than 30% full
* Publisher - Publish a level
* Look What I Made! - A level you published was played by 5 or more people
* Trendsetter (Hidden) - Place a sticker or a decoration on another player's sackperson
* Cranium Collector (Hidden) - Kill 100 Creatures across all levels
* Secret Stickerist (Hidden) - Unlock the race in First Steps
* Sackbird (Hidden) - Spend 8 seconds or more in the air

Silver Trophies

* Just Beginning - Complete all the main path story levels
* 20X Multiplier! - Get a 20X Multiplier
* Hi Score - Collect 1,000,000 points over all levels you have played
* Booty Master - Collect all the prize bubbles on the story levels
* Dr Frankenstein - Create a living creature with at least 2 eyes, 2 legs or wheels, and a brain
* Crowd Pleaser - A level you published was played by 50 or more people
* Feel the Love - A level you published was hearted by 10 or more people
* Celebrity - You were hearted by 5 or more people as a player

Gold Trophies

* Play - Complete all story levels without dying, with the exception of those levels that only end when you die
* Create - A level you published was hearted by 50 or more people and you were hearted by 30 or more people
* Share - Play 150 community levels, tag 50 community levels and heart 10 community levels

Platinum Trophy

* Earn all LittleBigPlanet trophies to unlock this platinum trophy

I said I'd need 15/20 minutes to finish my first level but I've only just finished! Its up and its called "Version 1".

YouTube - LBP Beta Levels

Some moments from last night when Jay and Myself were playing Co Op.

The first level made me laugh - it wasn't a level worth playing (although we did win a 360!) but it was just the randomness of it - and that they even went to the trouble of having lovely music play at the end.

The second clip was a map named ROFLOCOPTER - unfortunately it didn't seem to have been fully tested and we ended up crashing, dying then running half of the level on foot until we hit a dead end 'shit'

3rd clip I put in because Jay pretty much summed it up - and there are a lot of these style of maps out there. Some can be fun but there are a lot like that one.

4th - Roller-coaster. I loved the idea of using rockets to turn the wheel even if that was basically the entire level in a nut hell.

Last edited:
Nice one Rad.

And it shows I think the majority of what we will probably get. Short, abstract levels with prizes at the end and a good laugh!

Sure there will be some classy levels, but it will be fun playing through some of these just to see where people are getting ideas from. The XBOX one in particular is very good. Simple - but funny with some good thought put into it.

You were up late anyway! I saw you come online at 1am - just as I'd had enough of my shite Liverpool master league side and decided to call it a night cursing the poor form of Gerrard :(

I've been trying to do a circus level - So far I have a Ferris wheel at the start you have to jump into - it stops at the top for a second so you can jump out - onto a rollercoaster (but i can't figure out how to make wheel work properly yet so everytime i test it, it grinds to a halt halfway down the track) then into a ghost train (I've put some ghosts in a tunnel but the trains too slow (i gave it a rocket as i couldnt figure out how to get the wheel rolling) at the moment and you always die on the 3rd. I might make it a haunted house) and then onto some glass with a piece of wood for the log flume - which looks alright.

I have no idea how to end my levels though - maybe i should put a race at the start and the end so you get ranked on quickest run?

Do you want to play LittleBigPlanet? If you're reading this (or even just breathing), the answer is very likely a resounding "yes". While we'll all have to wait until October 21st to get our hands on the full release, that doesn't mean you can't get a taste a little early. And that's where we come in.

We have a few thousand beta codes to hand out, and since there are only so many of us in the office, we might as well give them to you, our faithful readers.

Getting a code is pretty easy, but not as simple as hitting "Send" on a form email. See, Sony doesn't necessarily need to test for the number of people online, but rather what happens when a ton of people create a bunch of cool content.

So, to get a code, simply hit the email link below and send us your idea for a level. It could even be a sentence or two. So long as we see that you're interested in creating something, we'll probably send you a code. Note that we don't have an infinite supply, so it's based on a first-come-first-served type deal.

Click Here to Submit Your Idea
beyond@ign.com

Note that the subject line must read LBP Beta Code or your submission won't get read.

I've been trying to do a circus level - So far I have a Ferris wheel at the start you have to jump into - it stops at the top for a second so you can jump out - onto a rollercoaster (but i can't figure out how to make wheel work properly yet so everytime i test it, it grinds to a halt halfway down the track) then into a ghost train (I've put some ghosts in a tunnel but the trains too slow (i gave it a rocket as i couldnt figure out how to get the wheel rolling) at the moment and you always die on the 3rd. I might make it a haunted house) and then onto some glass with a piece of wood for the log flume - which looks alright.

I have no idea how to end my levels though - maybe i should put a race at the start and the end so you get ranked on quickest run?

My idea for the finish was a human (sackboy!) cannonball :LOL:

I wonder if you can do that... I have a canon that fires logs - I have no idea if you could fire yourselves from it. Maybe you could rig up some kind of mechanism so when everyone steps in a certain area the canaon moves upwards aiming you into the sky - then when it hits a certain point it triggers the piece you're stood in to move forwards quickly firing you all forwards.

I wonder if you can do that... I have a canon that fires logs - I have no idea if you could fire yourselves from it. Maybe you could rig up some kind of mechanism so when everyone steps in a certain area the canaon moves upwards aiming you into the sky - then when it hits a certain point it triggers the piece you're stood in to move forwards quickly firing you all forwards.

Even if you could grab onto the log (or change it to a cannonball or spongeball) and have it fire with you all hanging on.

Do you want to play LittleBigPlanet? If you're reading this (or even just breathing), the answer is very likely a resounding "yes". While we'll all have to wait until October 21st to get our hands on the full release, that doesn't mean you can't get a taste a little early. And that's where we come in.

We have a few thousand beta codes to hand out, and since there are only so many of us in the office, we might as well give them to you, our faithful readers.

Getting a code is pretty easy, but not as simple as hitting "Send" on a form email. See, Sony doesn't necessarily need to test for the number of people online, but rather what happens when a ton of people create a bunch of cool content.

So, to get a code, simply hit the email link below and send us your idea for a level. It could even be a sentence or two. So long as we see that you're interested in creating something, we'll probably send you a code. Note that we don't have an infinite supply, so it's based on a first-come-first-served type deal.

Click Here to Submit Your Idea
beyond@ign.com

Note that the subject line must read LBP Beta Code or your submission won't get read.

Now that the pressure's on, and I actually have to use my brain to think of a level, I have absolutely no ideas.

Fuck it! I'll tell them I'm gonna create a level of Kerry Katona and you've gotta fight your way out of her insidious chuff.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers Rad.

Problem is I rpobably wont be able to see any of those sites on Monday from work. So I guess I'm pretty fucked. :)

Cheers Rad.

Problem is I rpobably wont be able to see any of those sites on Monday from work. So I guess I'm pretty fucked. :)
I've tried for a key at a couple of places now, if I get a spare key I'll gladly chuck you one. Just hoping I get at least one...

i was messing about before and made a big rocket that just blasts up I was wondering if they weight of sackboy's makes any difference, anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom