LittleBigPlanet

It was kinda annoying me at first the way the 2 lads playing it know what to do - if you get me... like the way they knew to spread apart to make the view zoom out. I hate things like that where they act like it's the first take/live/unscripted but we know it's scripted

But the end was funny

This is a quality game! Love picking up stickers and objects, loads of humour in it and the physics are great :DD

Just played a few levels with tobi and it was great fun, I enjoyed the Alcatraz level :DD

My copy arrived yesterday, but only got to play for half an hour and do a couple of SP levels.
I may venture into the online side today - Is anyone on tonight?

Feel free to add my PSN ID, I've only had my PS3 for just over a month and yet to get into the online side (I blame FIFA09 on the 360)!

I should be on sometime tonight, although my girlfriend might be playing LBP but if not, I'll be available :DD

Jamesy, I'll add you now.

The jumping mechanics are shite I'm afraid. It seems completely hit and miss with regards to how high you jump when pressing X, ESPECIALLY noticable on the first Frida level where you have the pink spongey platforms but you can't jump properly to get enough bounce to move to the next level.

Very very frustrating.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with it too, I'm stuck at the Wedding planet and I currently blame the jump mechanic, I hope they can patch it.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with it too, I'm stuck at the Wedding planet and I currently blame the jump mechanic, I hope they can patch it.

Which level? The pink sponge is rubbish but if you time your jumps, you get there in the end.

The skulls that shoot you out of the mouth are a bit dodgy, sometimes you can get trapped in a glitch and end up dying.

I get stuck at the bit where you have jump across these 'pink plank' type things and there are spikes and skull heads at the bottom. I still haven't finished the level.

Yeah, that was the bit that pissed me off too. Basically try and jump onto the first plank. As you bounce and start to move upwards, hold jump again and you jump higher. Just keep repeating that and you get tons of height, then just just keep bouncing over to the other side.

Some of the levels after that are brilliant, really fun to play and great level design.

I can't seem to find the Evo-Web level. I went to Jay's profile on it, but it didn't show him as publishing any levels for some reason.

Edit: Turns out others had problems with the same part too

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=938583&topic=46400429

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to try and beat now, play.com still haven't sent my Nariko or Mirrors Edge codes :CURSE:

EDIT: I've beaten the level in question and life is good again, the Mexican level is qualtity, the music is perfect.

Last edited:
I published another level, its called '100m hurdle Version 1', it took about 3 hours to make, let me know what you think of it!

Just about to post that :))

I haven't had a go at making a level yet, enjoying the story too much. It looks quite overwhelming though, especially when you look at the story levels and some of the user levels, the detail and effort in them are incredible.

I got that feeling from the beta and the full game and I've decided that I wont attempt to make a big level until I've collected tons of stuff from the SP and user levels.

I've tweaked my level a tiny bit but the servers are down again!

Apparantly they're trying to fix the lag issues, lag was bad in our game I thought.

I can't wait to get home to play it again, I love collecting the bubbles :DD

And then there's Fallout 3 which I keep getting urges to play.

FIFA can wait :))

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easily becoming one my favourite games. I haven't really played it that much either, only done 2 worlds of story mode and a session playing a few user created levels when i got in last nite.

I tried the Azure place, fantastic level, but i was too tired to be able to get near to finishing it. I also played a level based on the eliminator from Gladiators, fun little race, will hopefully try that online at some point.

Is it possible to give away costumes in prize bubbles?

Absolutely love it!

Roped the missus into playing it last night (first time she has used the PS3) and she loved it too and wasnt long before we were dragging each others sackboy around and challenging each other to dress in the wackiest costume (my zombie outfit, with a bunny tail, antlers, the swords of kratos and some pants took some beating!).

We just played through the worlds for a few hours and then I did some of the create tutorials myself. I am out tonight, so she has begged me to show her how to operate the PS3 and she is going to do the tutorials next.

Fucking great game though.. game of the year? Got to be...

GOTY is between this and Fallout 3 I think.

How do you bitchslap other Sackboys?

Hold L2 or R2 and then swing the left or right stick in a back.

Do a normal 'wave' but jerk the stick more quickly - so if someone is standing to your right, hold the L2 and jerk the left stick to the left quickly.

BOO-YAA! Bitch-slap...

Cheers guys :TU:

I'm gonna do the creation tutorials tonight, see what I can rustle up. If only I had any ideas on what to create :((

I'll just make a random level I guess.

Cheers guys :TU:

I'm gonna do the creation tutorials tonight, see what I can rustle up. If only I had any ideas on what to create :((

I'll just make a random level I guess.

I read it takes a good 2 hours to get through all of the tutorials - though you do get a trophy for doing them.

-

Ideas;

* A fun fair.

* Recreate an old platform game like mario or sonic but in LBP - so don't copy it pixel for pixel but xopy the general layout of it.
Maps here
http://qntm.org/?maps
http://ian-albert.com/misc/smb.php

* Base it in your house so we're running around your living room or bedroom.
* Space theme level

--

I'm holding off doing any levels until ive unlocked everything the best i can on my own. I need to get online and co op with some people though to get the rest of the items.

I cant 'ace' the very first level and I can't figure out where im going wrong on it. I have 100% of the items but there something stopping me from acing it. Could it be when you fall down the broken bridge and have to kill yourself to get back up top?

Last edited:
Yea so did I?

We should get together on it though - dags, rad, tobi and meself? I'm out till late tonight... when you guys normally on?

Anyone got a headset too?

I'm on of an evening, usually from 5pm onwards most nights.

The servers are a bag of crap at the moment and a game with just me and Tobi had horrible lag, so four of us would be a nightmare at the moment :((

Hopefully they've fixed that all up now.

Back
Top Bottom