LittleBigPlanet

Ahh right I don't think he fell down there, but after he did the rockets he said there was a green wall and he couldn't get past it, is there a way? The level is good though! All we need to do now is to get pics of us all and stick them around randomly. :LOL:

I think i get at what proxi's saying - that he starts a level off and then jay adds the next part - then me and then so on... until we have a full level.

It has jet packs at the bottom i think to fly up.
Yeah I could have quite easily missed them, I used all 3 rockets and died each time as I fell out because the spikes off the rear of them fell on me!! Heh. Then after walking there on the 4th attempt the rockets were all piled up at the wall and immovable. Will try again later
I think i get at what proxi's saying - that he starts a level off and then jay adds the next part - then me and then so on... until we have a full level.
Yeah that would be interesting I reckon. Pictures added by us all too.

I'm currently rocking out with a McCoys crisps branded Sackboy, his face being the logo of those magical snacks.

Uh-oh! Having turned them on yesterday, Media Molecule has had to turn off the LittleBigPlanet servers.

"Great gremlins and ghosts!" an update to the original post on the developer's website began.

"The servers are down while we try to fix the glitching issues some players have experienced. They will be back online as soon as we have fixed the problem. Keep your browsers pointed at this post for updates."

Fortunately, European gamers are spared these teething issues as the game won't be out here until next week following its recall. The game should be available at UK retail on 5th November.

Still, it's more unfortunate news for the British-made game, which despite glowing reviews (including our own), had to be withdrawn just before it went on sale due to a song with some potentially offensive bits in it.

Oh well, er, once it all works, it is amazing. We promise.

From Eurogamer

I saw that article yesterday yeah, whilst playing online! :) The gaming sites have been a bit slow to respond to the actually happenings. It's been on & off today again, a little more off than yesterday but I've been creating more so I'm not fussed right now, wahey.

One thing that HAS to be done when in Create Mode right now - log out of PSN. There's a lot of lag otherwise, and the game freezes are getting pretty common amongst everyone now.

Is the problem still in the game where you take a piece that is stuck to the background wall and 'unstick' it and then everything in the level that's attached to the wall becomes unstuck as well and falls?

The way i worked around it was to build lots of small sections of background and then when its all done use a small blob of background and drag it from one to another and they link so you don't have any gaps where they meet.

The servers are back on now and there's pretty much no lag, wahey!! :D

I'll try that thing with the create mode too, cause it does drive me mad, it's like fix on thing then something else will mess up! Argh.

Developer Media Molecule will be offering free Halloween (pumpkin) Mask and Launch Spacesuit costumes for LittleBigPlanet next week.

These are to celebrate both the spooky season and launch of the dimple-cheeked PlayStation 3 game, according to the US PlayStation blog, and will be available from 6th November to 19th November

On top of limited and seasonal costumes, LittleBigPlanet will also be treated to free community-created outfits, plus those stitched together by Media Molecule.

The latter, however, will cost; USD 0.99 for bog standard but brilliant outfits, such as lizards or gorillas; USD 1.99 for premium costumes, like the Solid Snake and Sephiroth get-ups; or an unknown amount for super-duper rare items such as the Media Molecule t-shirt. There are pictures of each on the PS blog.

Four basic outfits will often be bundled together for USD 2.99, apparently, while quartets of premium picks will be packed for USD 5.99.

Costumes are but one of the types of downloadable content for LittleBigPlanet; creation materials, gameplay enhancements and, of course, levels will expand the world as time goes on. More on these soon, we're told.

LittleBigPlanet is due for release here next Wednesday 5th November. That's also Bonfire Night, so be careful not to blow up your hands or face, because you'll need those to play the game with.

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy this online, but will get me delivery quickly?

£36.99 from Game, stupid that I can't use my reward points on pre-orders though :CURSE:

Last edited by a moderator:
Those costumes are already on the Japan PS Store, Pumpkin head, Astronaut and Ape Escape ones. Thing is they don't work with the NA or UK copies of the game. :( They're free too.

I think i might pass on this game. I've played the beta and kinda know it all now. I can;t see them adding anything new that we couldn't do in the beta - and now ive got my hands on the farcry 2 editor its made the LBP editor look shit and very clumsy and bug ridden.

I might pick it up or borrow it from my brother for the trophies but i doubt i'll ever create a level on it now. A shame as i had big plans but farcry2's editor has just blown me away.

Must say I love this game! Its a real joy to play and with friends its even better! Need some time to get the hang on this create your own levels etc but the promise is absolutely ther, and who would`nt love the SackBoys?;)
I have today attemted to get the newest official Playstation mag but with no luck. I wanted this mag as it has codes for the Kratos sackboy I would "die" to get:) I love God of War and Kratos but nobody seems to wanna share. So I am reaching out in the evo-web forums:BYE:

I think i might pass on this game. I've played the beta and kinda know it all now. I can;t see them adding anything new that we couldn't do in the beta - and now ive got my hands on the farcry 2 editor its made the LBP editor look shit and very clumsy and bug ridden.

I might pick it up or borrow it from my brother for the trophies but i doubt i'll ever create a level on it now. A shame as i had big plans but farcry2's editor has just blown me away.

I think its a game I might pick up 2nd hand sometime, I dont think I'd really be the kind of person who has the patience to build, plus give people a few months, there will be a shed load of new levels to play and enjoy.

Now that you've said that Rad I might give it a miss for a bit, so many good games coming out and I said from the start that this looked a bit too one-dimensional for me. But everyone is raving about it, I thought it was going to be game of the year or something (but it looks like Fallout 3 is going to take that title).

Yeah it is a stunning game and just so cute and brilliant - but my main reason for picking it up was the create side. Now in the beta there were tons of shitty levels that had 1000's of plays on them and 1000's of positive votes. Yet when you'd go in, you'd think 'this is boring'.

So then when you spend hours and hours which then turns into days just making a man that can walk... and then another few days adding in a background and then making something else and still get hardly any plays and it ends up at the bottom of the pile. It's a big kick in the gut and puts you off trying so hard the next time knowing that all you needed to do was throw in a million pick up points and a rocket car.

If i hadn't got farcry i'd still have bought LBP - but the farcry editor is stunning and it really makes the LBP editor look 2 dimensional.

I'll probably just grab this on the cheap closer to christmas for the trophies and for some fun - but im not going to throw my heart and soul into it as i thought i would.

I think GHWT will be on hold as well for me, I'm enjoying playing "proper" games more than I was enjoying Rock Band a few months ago.

Sodding ShopTo aren't getting stock until tomorrow. Can't be arsed relying on post if I'm gonna get it delivered on Wednesday, I'll just go to Asda and pick it up from there.

Back
Top Bottom