LittleBigPlanet

I thought acing a level was getting 100% ?
acing a level is playing through it without dying.
i dont think you can ace the first level cause of the bridge area where u have to kill yourself.

i just finished making my first level last night, took me a couple days to finish it. add my PSN and check it out. tell me what you think.

what level do you mean by the first level! do you mean the level named First steps?

if so you have to come back to it when you have completed it and when you get up to the bridge part their is a bird that you can grab onto and make your way across the bridge and acing the level!

This is for those who haven't done this already!

Guys i've just uploaded my first level! - it's been rushed but tell me what you think of it k!

name - Temple of Gold
PSN - AP-MD

add me if you want to play co-op or to achieve some trophies! thanks!

Yea so did I?

We should get together on it though - dags, rad, tobi and meself? I'm out till late tonight... when you guys normally on?

Anyone got a headset too?

I'll be on PSN for most of tonight but between 8 and 10 I'll be multi tasking and watching the Spurs game, just so you know.

I've got the official headset pre ordered but its not out until the 28th.

AAARRGGHH!!!

The fucking Endurance Dojo is a pain in the arse! Those planks you have to run across are so annoying, worse than the pink springboards! :CURSE:

£3.99 for the t-shirt?! They can fuck right off for that amount, I thought it was free?

If this is the way it's going where they're going to charge crazy money for a bit of clothing, I wont be buying any LBP DLC.

Bloody hell Kthing - i found your level my fluke - and then thought 'bloody hell he's on my friends list!'

Looks great, really nice details but rock hard ive not finished it yet
-

£3.99 is a joke - who the hell is going to spot you in your t shirt a month from now and shout 'oh dude i wish i had that!'

I like the motorstorm costume but still i dont think its worth paying for.
-

I'll probably be on about 9pm onwards until midnight ish.

Last edited:
FFS!!!!! :CURSE:

"Sensei's Lost Castle" is a fucking bitch of a level. Goes on for AGES, so easy to die, loads of cogs to stick to where it's so easy to get far and then drop then loads and have to start again.

These Islands levels are pissing me off no end :((

is that the balloon level ? ive just hit that and the game has gone off now. im gonna play farcry online for a bit... shooting and killing is much less stressful

Is anyone having issues publishing and editing levels? My 100m hurdle level disappeared from my 'planet' so I went to publish it again and I get error messages. Also when I try to edit/copy or play the level it says "failed to load level.".

After using the kratos code and downloaded the extra costumes from PSN, none of it can be found in the game..Not in costume editing, stickers or ingame..What gives??

I DL the space suit costume and its in my game fine, the costume isn't in one peice, you need to add them seperately.

e.g. When I put my Nariko costume together I did her hair, then her sword, then her dress...

I had to re download the kratos theme and re install it to get it to show up. Try that and make sure you don't do a background download - start one off and wait until its downloaded and installed.

-

I've not tried any editing on the full game but it had the same problem as you descrive Tobi in the beta where your levels would be gone one second and then act like its already uploaded if you try to put it back up.

Bloody hell Kthing - i found your level my fluke - and then thought 'bloody hell he's on my friends list!'

Looks great, really nice details but rock hard ive not finished it yet
-
which part is hard? ill try and make it easier and republish it. ive played through it so many times its already routine.

Erm... oh... the rolling logs part - i totally didnt see them coming so they killed me the first time i spotted them and then because you're running up hill it's kind of hard to get momentum going to get a good jump over them - then a few times i had 1 bouncing down towards me killing me and another time i had 2 coming back to back so as i jumped one i landed on the other.

I'll have to have another go though as i know whats coming so i can get ready for it. Maybe i was just crap at that time.

Has everyone seen the Mirrors Edge level?

You can find it through my name - it's under the list of levels ive hearted.

Yep, me and tobi played it the other day. Really good but if you mess up on the zipline, it restarts you and the zipline to hold onto is at the finish so you can't finish the level.

The Gladiators level was really good, definately one of my favourites.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my level has gone to the Phantom Zone and I'm pissed off about it.

I'm going to bombard the official forums and get contact details from MM's site until they give me an explanation.

I'm still in two minds about this, what do people think (those who have and haven't played the beta)? Worth the full price or too frustrating/one-dimensional?

Worth the full price as far as I'm concerned. Joint GOTY with Fallout 3 and WELL worth picking up.

Some of the later story levels are very frustrating but in a good way, it's down to skill rather than being cheated.

And the creation mode is really overwhelming, so many options available to you. My girlfriend spent about an hour on the creation mode just messing around creating backgrounds and a cat on wheels :LOL:

I'm still feeling 50/50 on it.

I played the beta like mad, but I've yet to make anything on the full game. I'm still trying to unlock everything in the story mode so i dont end up spending an hour on something and then find it's already made for me.

You can have a lot of fun just playing other peoples levels and the offline solo story - but id say the most fun comes from getting in with 3 friends and playing some levels.

If you're not really bothered by the creating side of the game - and you don't care about jumping on late and starting off with all of the best levels and best ideas done - then you can pick it up later and still get the same experience just playing solo levels and created maps

GOTY for me. Creative, innovative, technically proficient. It's a marvel. And oh yeas, the best part of it, I can play it co-op with my girlfriend and we both enjoy it a lot. That makes it very worthy.

It's not a game yo will play like other games. I mean, it's for occasional fun with friends or your wife. Then it's a blast.

And maybe it's just that I am tired of stupid cliches and poor storytelling in all action games. I finished fallout 3 yesterday and the game is good but I didn't have the fun I had with 3 hours of LBP with my girlfriend, really.

So you can play any other game during the year and return to LBP now and then.

When I first got this game I was I thought ''Cool this is pretty nifty'', but it never struck me as the innovative masterpiece you'll see the gaming press lavish on it. When i first started playing it was ''A fun platform game''.

Things changed on Friday night when i dropped into a game with one of my best friends who was playing from his home town a few miles away, cool we could get some of those ''2X'' puzzles done and get some nice new costumes and items for create.

Not far in though between laughing at each other missing jumps or ''emote dancing'' with the Sackboys if one of us was a hero and got a hard to reach item or made it to the next checkpoint to bring the other guy to life this brilliance of this game with other players just shone through.

Levels became playgrounds for us from then on; we'd soldier on dodging flaming barrels or comically flying around in a balloon controlled airship but then we would find something fantastic to entertain ourselves with but the progression through the game was actually a bonus....something we could continue to do when we got tired of faffing about.

It got to the stage when we were finding blank walls and creating the most insane pictures in co-op from then on. We got to the Indian themed level, created sackboys wearing turbans with ridiculous moustaches and just had them dance to the music for about ten minutes, emoted them playing pipes, drumming and singing.....then skipped off to find a blank wall and draw some kind of Serpent God complete with Groucho Marx joke glasses, flames from the nostrils and horns on it's head. Then my mate wrote ''This is our god!'' using the text chat in game and we were both pissing our sides with laughter.

We were the cheeky kids from high-school again instead of the thirty year old worldy chaps we've become. I don't know maybe you have to have a certain sense of ridiculous humour or be slightly warped but this game really stuck a chord with myself and my pal.

One more thing is i find it's very refreshing...co-op play is exactly that...co-op, you want the other guy to progress and you'll do your best to stay in one piece or get that new item to add to the ''completion'' bonus.
Such a refreshing change from team-mates blathering in your ear in COD 4 or having a frustratingly greedy partner in PES online.

I really hope extra content is well supported in this game because i want the professional story levels added to, to compliment the user content soley because i want to keep having things to do in this game.

In time i'll try my hand at level design and i think i owe this game the patience to come up with something i enjoy, that is going to be where the fun continues i suspect, and with practice and time its been proven you can make great levels for others to doss around in.
--------

The length of this post is testament to how much i enjoy this game, i love it and i really do try to do the ''cool cynic act'' which has been ingrained in me since college and university where you are taught to break down concepts and analyse different mediums...but to me this game just doesn't need that. I'd honestly feel like i was trying too hard if i started picking at it in depth.

Instead i find it's just glaring un-ashamed fun.

Last edited:
I wanted to work out how to create levels with the kids but it mentioned something about I hadn't hearted anything. What's that about?

When you play a level that you like open the popit menu and press the heart button.

I've found out that my level has been moderated, did anyone get to play it before it was removed?

Nope. Apparantly this moderating is causing all kinds of upset, loads of people are fuming at MM/Sony for pulling levels.

Does kind of put a dampener on being able to create any level you want ... except you can't.

I can't understand why it was moderated, there is nothing offensive in it all, its a simple race.

I phoned Sony and long story short the guy told me that it was being pushed up the food chain...thats the same thing they told me when I phoned them a few months back when I told them that Singstar won't let me DL tracks I'd bought onto my replacement PS3. I'm still waiting for a response regarding that!

Back
Top Bottom