Kitserver 8 (Support discontinued, people! So please no new threads on this issue!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kitserver 8

Please Juce come back or puplish your code for such kitserver.without kitserver pes is not really a fantastic game.I have respect of your work.:WORSHIP:

It wasn't easy to let go, but i've moved on.
Working now on a different project, and hopefully it will grow into something useful in the future. And maybe of some interest to PES community, who knows ;)
So, enjoy your new "freedom" (I know how frustrating can be being part of the PES editing scene).. You've fully deserved it!!

You'll still be regarded for being the man that made PES worth playing though..

THANK YOU :WORSHIP:

STOP POSTING COME BACK JUCE. AND READ WHAT JUCE HAS ALREADY SAID ABOUT THE CODE.

:BRICK: :COP:

can someone post a link or quote him plz i would like to know what juce said about the code. i search for it with the search-function in the forum but i can´t find anything...

plz :)

Please Juce come back or puplish your code for such kitserver.without kitserver pes is not really a fantastic game.I have respect of your work.:WORSHIP:

If you had respect for his work, you'd also have respect for his decision.

But your behaviour shows nohting but disrespect, otherwise you'd not ask him to return or release the Kitserver code!

can someone post a link or quote him plz i would like to know what juce said about the code. i search for it with the search-function in the forum but i can´t find anything...

plz :)

He said this:

it's in C++ and assembler. We could open the source code, but it's been discussed before, and both Robbie and I think that it doesn't make much sense, and would be next to useless for PES community. Yes, some parts of the code are reusable and would be handy for future releases, but most of the work is actually not reflected by the source code. 10% of the work is writing the code to hook on particular places of the game to load kits, faces, etc.. and 90% - is finding those places. With each new version of PES, usually these 90% have to be done again from the very begining. (It wasn't the case with PES6, because it was so similar to PES5, but that's an exception)

I understand the open source sentiment. In fact, i had thought about it carefully, and discussed with Robbie as well. Both of us came to the same decision that it will be of no benefit to PES community to open up the source. (I've explained why earlier in this thread in more detail)

Also, think about it this way: most of the value in the source code is only relevant to a particular version of the EXE. Those are various memory addresses and some theories on how things work internally. It's one thing to look into the EXE and figure out things under debugger and use that information for patches and such, and it's a totally different thing to actually publish that information open to everyone. That may not even be legal in some countries, i don't know... I could blank out all those numbers in the source, and then open it up, but what use would that be? Yes, you will see how kitserver manages different tasks, and so for, but hardly that's interesting to anyone.

I think that this "no more kitserver" situation is actually good, because once it must brake - KONAMI must realize that people won`t do their job anymore. Year after year they bring almost no inovations, and if they were just a little bit smarter, they would implement all the kitserver fitures after the very first kitserver release (for PES 5, i think) into their next PES. People LOVE to edit PES serial, but KONAMI makes no effort to make that passion easy to accomplish, and that is a big no-no... If you want to last, give people what they want - give them as much CHOICES as they would, and by no means DO NOT limit their creativity.

Just imagine if KONAMI would release a tool for stadium creation/editing, or one for a complete player body/face lift, or maybe one just for player posing so the kimakers could see their creations a bit better... Imagine if we had a possibility to freely move and position camera in replay mode, how fantastic videos could be created.

Yes, we all play PES because of the gameplay, but even in that segment we have some serious bugs - "free kick freezed player", stupid, and like they can`t solve that problem for, how much... 5 months and 3 updates? It just shows how much actually they care of the fans.

It`s better this way... FIFA has all other segments of the game, atmosphere, graphics, CHOICES, but we play PES because of the football, the gameplay, and because we like it, but if KONAMI and their PES-developing team won`t make some effort to really do something "evolutional", for a change, then PES is going to dissapear, and that`s the way it should be - either FIFA will crush them in forecoming years, either some other football simulation will uprise, but either way - it`s good for the community.

Be not affraid ;)

that's 100% true but I don't think Konami knows about kitserver and all the incredible patches created by the Pes community...

KONAMI can't do anything that is seen to be facilitating putting kits into the game for teams they haven't got the licences for. We just need a new kitserver, that's all. We can surely sort something out?

I warn you this could be a long read..

If they were just a little bit smarter, they would implement all the kitserver fitures after the very first kitserver release (for PES 5, i think) into their next PES
If they were..
So the answer you're gonna hear if you ask them is "NO, we won't".
BTW: The first working kitserver I can remember was for PES3 so they had 6 YEARS to think about it.. :P

If you want to last, give people what they want - give them as much CHOICES as they would, and by no means DO NOT limit their creativity.
I guess it has something to do with updated (and cracked) PES discs sold online. They think that by "locking" the data structures they'll be able to stop people editing and then selling the game, but it's not like that.
On a personal note, not that I care that much about the licensed content of PES: on my PC I have a plain copy of PES6 with the original rosters and I enjoy it quite more than the one fully modded to the 08/09 season. A matter of taste anyway.

Imagine if we had a possibility to freely move and position camera in replay mode, how fantastic videos could be created.
It would be one of the features that, even if not directly related to the gameplay, would add a lot to the game. Imagine how many opening movies could be done if we only had the possibility to record cinematics as we wanted.. Celebrations after goals included ;)

Yes, we all play PES because of the gameplay, but even in that segment we have some serious bugs - "free kick freezed player", stupid, and like they can`t solve that problem for, how much... 5 months and 3 updates? It just shows how much actually they care of the fans.
100% agree. Consider that PES2009 currently has a gameplay that I'd define "just playable" but nothing more. And it has been achieved with patch 1.3, 4 months after the release of the beta called "PES2009 1.0"..
Huh, are you telling me it was not a beta?
Nah, I don't trust you.

It`s better this way... FIFA has all other segments of the game, atmosphere, graphics, CHOICES, but we play PES because of the football, the gameplay, and because we like it.
See what's happening for Xbox360 and PS3: EA overtook KONAMI and now the "best" next-gen footie game is FIFA. If EA just wanted to take a risk and released a fully next-gen FIFA10 for PC (in terms of gameplay/player controls) PES would be blown away also in this segment, except for KONAMI releasing something revolutionary.

Be not affraid ;)
I'm not. I still have my PES6 and even if it may not be that graphical beauty anymore, it plays properly at least.

The "optimal" solution would be KONAMI screw all the licences (that means less money to spend to buy players' names, teams' crests, kits and so on and more money at disposal to actually rework the gameplay) and think about a "file tree" data structure (the same one that we see in, let me say, rFactor), of course open to be modified.
This way KONAMI would only concentrate on the "core" files, than the users could add any content they want (such as players, teams or entire leagues). It can be done for FIFA and for rFactor, why can't it be done for PES?
Take a look at rFactorcentral if you don't know what I'm talking about.. All of those mods could be installed ALTOGETHER in a single rFactor install.. Would you imagine if every mod of them would be an additional league for PES?
Wouldn't it be nice?

Of course, I know it isn't going to happen.. So I'll just get back playing my PES6..

This is the reason why a lot of people stands for free software, for open source software or stuff like that.

At least lets hope kitserver will continue to pes 2010.Do we know if someone else will continue juce's work for pes 2010?

Thanks Juce for all your hard work, it's sad to see kitserver go. The only thing I really used with it was the forcing of 16:10 and custom resolutions + LOD enhancement.

Does anyone know maybe how to hex edit the exe to set 16:9 to 16:10? As that's the biggest problem I have.

Thanks Juce for all your hard work, it's sad to see kitserver go. The only thing I really used with it was the forcing of 16:10 and custom resolutions + LOD enhancement.

Does anyone know maybe how to hex edit the exe to set 16:9 to 16:10? As that's the biggest problem I have.

thats my problem, too. i do not like the black bars on my 22".
is there a file somewhere or was it related to kitserver?

Anyone got a map.txt? I want to start importing kits via gdb and not via ggs. Trouble is my map.txt doesn't seem to work. Anyone got one? Thanks

Thnks Juce and Robbie for this fantastic work during all these years!!!

PES without KS would be nothing.

I wish you the best luck in your next projects!

Thank you very much! :APPLAUD:

It`s not a problem to install kitserver to 1.30 (I did that), but the problem is that kitserver 8.1.2 can`t work with PES 1.30 exe, kitserver`s dlls need to be updated.

Thnks Juce and Robbie for this fantastic work during all these years!!!

PES without KS would be nothing.

I wish you the best luck in your next projects!

Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom