Killzone 3

If that was true I would have bought this on launch, but as I'm away for the first few days of release I'm not going to bother.

Reckon you'll be done with Killzone 3 and/or Bulletstorm by 10th March? If yes, GAME can guarantee you a trade-in price of £35, reports MCV.

Consider either title costs £39.99 and that means you lose only £5 for 13 days of play.

It's another of GAME's Play Now/Trade Later deals. GAME rocked the boat yesterday by announcing a guaranteed £190 for a 3DS if traded a month after release, by 25th April. That's only £7 less than GAME sells the handheld for.

GAME also offers Killzone 3 for £9.99 if you trade Dead Space 2, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Mass Effect 2 or Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on PS3.

Bulletstorm can be picked up for £4.99 if you trade Gran Turismo 5, Test Drive Unlimited 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Kinect Sports or Call of Duty: Black Ops.

GAME are getting a bit ridiculous aren't they?! They might well be (partly) responsible for the continued downfall of games and developers.

They are just trying to make sure they can sell 2nd hand products as fast as possible because all the income goes to them, whereas 1st hand they only get a small fraction.

So with Killzone, it might be that the 1st hand game gives them a $5 profit and the rest goes to the other parties. That $5 profit is used as investment to then sell a 3$5 game with it all going to Game. I personally never understand people not just paying $5 more to buy a new game.

Yea, aside a few bargains, trade in prices are disgustingly high. I'm sure blops is still £40 trade in. I have to hunt around for good bargains now, like f12010 on ps3 was £35 in game second hand and I got it from blockbusters for £24 which was reasonable.

Got mine too. Didn't come with the advertised double xp and weapon unlocks but did have the retro maps, dynamic theme (not that good) and soundtrack (pass).

Had a quick look for the colour blind option but I guess that patch is still to come. Loaded up botzone and one of the retro maps. Something Market. All felt very familiar until I turned a corner and saw the street filled with huge walking robots shooting the holy he'll out of each other. An awesome sight.

New tweaked controls feel very nice, no more laggy weighty aiming!

Got mine too. Didn't come with the advertised double xp and weapon unlocks but did have the retro maps, dynamic theme (not that good) and soundtrack (pass).

Had a quick look for the colour blind option but I guess that patch is still to come. Loaded up botzone and one of the retro maps. Something Market. All felt very familiar until I turned a corner and saw the street filled with huge walking robots shooting the holy he'll out of each other. An awesome sight.

New tweaked controls feel very nice, no more laggy weighty aiming!

WTF?! I cant find any information on this whatsoever! It was one of the reasons why I chose the Collectors Edition in the first place. Do we have to do something or register something? I dont know what to do!

Just spoke to a GAME rep. They said the double xp and unlocks will go live tomorrow with the official release.

I've just read on the eu ps forums that we will get an email tonight from game with the code in for the xp, points for unlocks and access to all weapons and tools for 24 hours.
Played a few games online this afternoon and my team were completely incapable of everything. I ended up top of our team despite not having a clue with the maps. The other team was packed full of upgraded people with turrets and all sorts ripping us noobs to shreds. Still fun though but those unlock points will be a god send.

Hot on the heels of our Retro Map Pack comes Steel Rain, a DLC map pack for Killzone 3 featuring two brand-new multiplayer maps inspired by locations from the single player campaign. Today we’re giving you a glimpse of both levels, including video footage of MP-09 Junkyard, which pitches exoskeletons against jetpacks.

Next week we’ll have a video for the other map included with the Steel Rain pack, MP-10 Stahl Arms. It’s a uniquely styled Warzone map featuring intense minigun-versus-sniper-rifle action in the sprawling Stahl Arms facility. Both maps are packed with strategic routes and locations, offering lots of different tactical approaches for players to discover.

The details for each map are as follows:

MP-09 JUNKYARD
Game Type: Guerrilla Warfare (16 players)
Description:
The junkyards of Helghan are a wasteland to some, but a valuable resource to others. In the main junk processing facility of Helghan, ISA and Helghast Forces are clashing in an attempt to salvage vehicles and supplies for their war effort. Jetpacks are the key to taking the high ground, but the huge Exoskeletons can quickly turn the tide of the battle on the ground.

MP-10 STAHL ARMS
Game Type: Warzone (24 Players)
Description:
As the Helghast write a new and appalling chapter on humanoid experimentation, beleaguered ISA Forces mount a desperate attack on the notorious Stahl Arms research facility, where they hope to free ISA soldiers who have been taken captive. Stahl’s Helghast forces will stop at nothing to ensure that the ISA attack fails, even if it means exterminating the very prisoners they need for their weapons research.

YouTube - Killzone 3 - Steel Rain DLC - MP09 - Junk Yard

http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_GB/blog/features/2011-02-24_steel-rain_01.html

I've not got it but Play have it.
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/18152358/PlayStation-Move-Sharp-Shooter-Attachment/Product.html?searchstring=sharpshooter&searchtype=PS3&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search&strefer=PS3&searchfilters=s{sharpshooter}%2bc{362}%2bc{10065}%2b

On the subject of the collectors edition missing extras. Despite game changing the listings now so the collectors edition does not come with those others (double xp, access to all weapons for 24 hours and 3 unlock points) - all those who ordered already WILL be getting them still.

https://twitter.com/musterbuster/status/41146474741899264

[edit]
codes are being emailed out right now. Not sure what happens with those who bought the CE from a shop though :(

[Another Edit]
Just read that the 24 hours of xp IS in game time.
FYI

I got my game on wednesday morning (Finland) and the Guerrilla Pack (24h all weapons and abilities) unlock code was already e-mailed to me beforehand on monday morning immediately after the e-mail confirming my game can be picked up Feb 23 10AM.

The code inside the collectors edition boxing is just for the Retro pack, Soundtrack and the Hazmat theme.

So the preorder codes are given to you separately (e-mail or maybe paper print).

The 24h codes count the real time you play online so its not the first 24h in a row :smileyhappy: I only used some 4h of mine so far so you see me fully fitted for the weekend still.

YouTube - Retro Map Pack Comparison - Killzone 3 vs. Killzone 2

Last edited:
Yeah I got the email from GAME with the code in now.

The single player is amazing. Im really enjoying it. Its far, far better than many other recent FPS games such as Bad Company 2, MOH and Black Ops.

I've still not had my email. I'm guessing I'll get it tomorrow.

Anyone on the fence about buying this... it's £32.99 on gamegears

http://www.gamegears.co.uk/playstat...c18/sony-killzone-3-move-compatible-ps3-p2875

Just got the trophy for winning the 3 MP modes once. I joined a TDM game and honestly like 5 seconds into it it ended with a 'victorious' message and the trophy popped up. Really like the way Operations works with the cut scenes showing the best players and their names performing tasks in cut scenes. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Sharp Shooter just turned up, nice build quality - looking forward to seeing how it works in the game. I'll probably also pick up Time Crisis now, even after the shite reviews.

How's the saving money going? :P

Ha! I know, but honestly, since I've been using the iPad app (icompta) and budgeting myself a set amount for everything from bills and shopping to games, music and app downloads, I can easily stick within it and have much better control over everything.

I've paid some of my debts off, chipping into others, have savings and a pension now!

So it is definitely a worthwhile exercise just being aware of what you are doing! :)

Had a go with the gun and can genuinely say, that this is how all fps's should be played in the future. Sony and the game devs have got this spot on. It's accurate, fast and of course, really immersive.

Certainly takes a while to get used to it, but no different to when fps's first started using twin sticks and introducing more and more buttons.

Anyone got any questions?

Not really, I think it's more "outdoors" than KZ2 was but the enemies are the same, the guns are the same, it's still the same engine but more refined.

Back
Top Bottom