Killzone 3

Re: Killzone 3 (PS3)

Check your emails

We've decided to expand the beta trial! 5,000 additional Plus-subscribers from SCEA and SCEE will automatically receive invites through PSN.

I finally got around to play it yesterday morning and i'm not that impressed. They've improved the inertia feeling a little so it feels more responsive... but then the aiming feels slightly laggy still.

Like I'll see someone, aim at them and they'll step side to side and when i try to follow them... even if i tap left it jumps left... if I slowly pull left... it jerks over to the left.

It doesn't feel smooth and flowing... just twitchy... but not in a good COD style sort of way. It's like instead of fixing the dead zone on the sticks... they just set the game to move left or right as soon as the game detects a slight movement... but it just feels wrong still.

-

Controls aside i think the game is good. weapons feels nice, all the tools and tricks are great... but still they're fucking the game up with their stupid ass control scheme. Maybe after more play I'll get used to it... I got used to KZ2's controls and found it okay... but here aiming down the sights of a gun is terrible.

If you choose the alternate controls its pretty much the same as COD's.

HMV’s listing the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition as a UK exclusive for a mighty £112.

If you’re willing to shell out for the suiper-box, you’ll get:

Killzone 3: Helghast Special Edition Pack

* Authentic Helghast Helmet replica opens to reveal art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
* Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure is 6.5” tall with multiple articulation points and will not be sold at retail
* Includes bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.
* Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe

Super Voucher includes:

* Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 Dynamic Theme
* Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2
* Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
* Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay

picture1ld.png

"Seems expensive!"

if this game had mouse and keyboard support i would be all over it. the previous killzone was SHOCKING with a control pad.

heck i wouldn't mind if u could use the MOVE controller

They are adding move controls and the normal DualShock controls have been heavily improved.

First impressions of the beta so far is that everything feels too close, I had to move my chair back a little if you catch my drift.

I've not been able to get online, so I've just been playing with bots.

I've also just been using Move controls. Takes a hell of a lot of tweaking the settings to find your happy place, but once you do it definitely feels really accurate. I played through all of RUSE with Move controls and found it so quick and effective as a mouse pointer, but only after a lot of practice and even then I found it was much better at aiming at what was on screen than turning the camera. The same seems to be the case for Killzone and I reckon will be the case for most FPS Move titles. Aiming at people on screen is a dream, and I was racking up all sorts of kills without having to use the iron sights at all. It's just turning the camera that is less intuitive.

I reckon I'll try playing through the full game with motion controls and see how it goes. It's definitely at an advantage in some areas (mid to long range battles) but needs more practice to match pads in situations where you have to turn through winding areas and whip round quickly. If a dev finds a perfect solution to this then Move will be second only to KB+M.

I played against the bots and thought it was fantastic. I'm still not a fan of the strange inertia involved with aiming, but it's definitely better than KZ2.

That said, the beta itself is appalling, I've yet to be able to connect to a single match. It just says connecting for ages, then tells me I've been signed out of PSN when I actually haven't. The two occasions I got past that screen, it tried to get me to join a game, where I could hear some dudes on their headsets chatting, but then failed to connect and I had to restart my PS3.

8.5 from IGN, going from the review though, I think it probably should of got a 9. Everything seems better than KZ2, except the fading cut scenes and story not just as good. The actual gameplay, control and graphics area all better, tis a game I will get sometime, except this year I am really trying to minimize my gaming spend, and year on year, I'm doing well at the moment. It's on the to get list.

IGN Review

YouTube - Killzone 3 Video Review

My order with game is now packing. I went for the one with the retro maps and the xp and points and theme and that.

My order with game is now packing. I went for the one with the retro maps and the xp and points and theme and that.

The collectors edition with the steelbook case? Thats the one I went for too. Really looking forward to it. :)

It looks good in those videos, but as someone who doesnt own any of those items, I certainly aint spending £165 to try it out and experience it.

It looks good in those videos, but as someone who doesnt own any of those items, I certainly aint spending £165 to try it out and experience it.

I don't know who in their right mind would. Still, £50 (or £37 on eBay on Buy It Now) for a Move, PS Eye and demo disc is all you need.

Plus KZ3 of course.

Does anyone know how this 24 hour xp thing works?

Is it 24 real time hours... So if I play for an hour at 7am and then never play again that day... my 24 hour thing will just expire without me by the next morning.

Or does it work as 24 hours in game - like you get 24 hours of play.

I assumed 24 real time hours... but the way they describe the offer... as "your first 24 hours of online play" makes it sound like an entire 24 hours worth of gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom