JustPES - All your PES/WE tactical discussions

forget more leagues!!! fix the play of the game.

#1:fix the movement of players, it seems labored when you are moving. especially when engaging an opponent. The A.I sometimes don't recognize the ball just because they are not selected, or if they are on a run, they won't break it off. Or they don't keep their run when you are attacking, they break it off too early.

#2: give players the ability to handle lob passes better, they seem to not be able to take advantage of those opportunities. ( they cant even get a good shot off when the ball is dropping)

#3: fix the referee ( the calls are ridiculous )

#4: stop the A.I from slide tackling in the box (have them clear the ball automatically, within a yard or two off the goal line instead)

#5: allow the player to hit one time shots(offense) , or clear the ball (defense) one time. if we want to control the ball, we wont press square to shoot or clear.

#6: bring back the old P.K system.......no one complained, so why change it.

#7: fix how players engage each other. from jostling to tackling to keeping possession of the ball.

#8: The motion of shooting needs some work, i'm not sure what. it just doesn't seem convincing

#9: When players are running, they have momentum. If i run full tilt and stop with the ball, the A.I stops on a dime right beside me. That's unrealistic, how are you supposed to get separation

#10: Ball physics needs adjusting

#11: Cursor switching speed needs to be adjustable

#12: Change the name back to Winning Eleven...............The good old days!

There you have it, 12 things to fix for Winning Eleven 2012. Do those things before changing anything that we did not ask to be changed, or changing the menus which have nothing to do with football or even new nets i can live without. These are the requests of your true blue faithful Konami, everyone else is trying to distract you from the task of making the beautiful game.

All valid points mate but this thread is for tactical discussions -

Hi I have a question which may have been answered somewhere here before. I want the game to be as realistic as possible so am open to your suggestions Klash, my only concern is that in Master League anyway, the teams will switch formations and styles depending on the game etc. So if I change all the teams to what I want them to be, will the CPU just change all the formations and sliders again anyway when it wants to??

I only play master league offline so this would be important to me, if the CPU changes it structure and playing style away from what I put in as the default then it's not worth doing it, right or wrong?

Thanks guys awaiting response!

I'm falling in love with your Napoli formation Klashman, I've switched over the AMF and the SS for my benefit in MLO. Great work.

Yeah, that Napoli formation is really good, especially how forward 3 are positioned - almost in straight line just with different positions. It makes Napoli play less predictably and more interchanging I feel.

Klashman, I wonder how you interpret Attacking Style slider. Just about frequence of going wide and crossing? If a team use 2 inverted wingers who prefer cutting inside on their stronger foot (for example, Bayern) will it automaticly incline Attack through the middle values for you? Especially when their fullbacks are attack minded and like to overlap?

hey if someone could let me know how do we choose the tactics/strategy during the game ie; possession(off), possession (def), quick counter etc, sorry very noobish question but wanted to know if its automatic or we have to chose ?

Can't find anything there. Only a few teams.

Tried searching this thread for Birmingham but found nothing. Thought you've done all prem teams Klash.

Great work btw man :)

EDIT: Managed to find Birmingham's tactic's. Couldn't find them before because Klash typo'd and missed an 'i' :LOL:

Fixed it for you ;)

Last edited:
Hi I have a question which may have been answered somewhere here before. I want the game to be as realistic as possible so am open to your suggestions Klash, my only concern is that in Master League anyway, the teams will switch formations and styles depending on the game etc. So if I change all the teams to what I want them to be, will the CPU just change all the formations and sliders again anyway when it wants to??

I only play master league offline so this would be important to me, if the CPU changes it structure and playing style away from what I put in as the default then it's not worth doing it, right or wrong?

Thanks guys awaiting response

+1.
I would like to know that. I set all cpu default formation as i want. But then in every game i play in ML cpu changes tactics. It makes me mad. do you Any suggestions for that?
You guys, are the best with tactics and formations in pes 2011. WHat do you suggest I should select for cpu team management.
Someone says leave empty the tactics screen is good, other people says long ball isn't a godd tactic because the cpu always goes for a counter attack with through balls. What's the thruth ?

Last edited:
I started a new ML with Juventus.
CPU always plays with one striker on offense. I Played against Bari,Cagliari and Parma, all teams that play with 2 forwards formations .
Do you get the same in ML?

hey these are all for AI or we can use it too (eg. for our team formation in ML perhaps? )

Excellent work guys, especially klashman69!

It would be awesome to see some national sides, for example France, who after the World Cup changed their entire philosophy in order to play a more attractive style of football ( ala Barcelona ;))

Don't let this thread die! This really does make PES 2011 miles better to play against the AI. :COOL:

Bayern - Dortmund - Schalke

bayerns.png

dortmund.png

schalke.png

kobayashi, can you post some formula to make default in-game team styles fit your standards so we can play realistically against other teams?

Barcelona tactic in action:

This video demonstrates how drastically tactics affect how the AI plays against you...

Here's the video
YouTube - PES 2011 tactics deomstration
download (no sound)
http://www.multiupload.com/XS0CM4JZ5A

Looks good, but your 1st goal, Puyol should've hounded you and not watch you. And for Barca's 2nd goal, think it only went in because there was a player switch problem. It should've switched to the defender to Iniesta's right, who seemed careless. These really do need fixing for 2012.

glad you liked it, i really think the AI is awesome in this game, I mean Barca's equalize was just absolutely brilliant. Xavi's pinpoint pass. Pedro lurking in the defenders blind spot, run off the back of him then scored clinically. Nothing i could do hardly. Just quality. Obviously it's not perfect but it's still groundbreaking for me how the balance this game out and how you able to make Barca play like they should, among many other teams.

First goal i scored, Yes, there's very slack defending by Puyol there. I dunno, he seemed to just fall asleep. It's an issue i think where if the defender isn't within almost touching distance he just stands off, needs fixing i agree. Still it was actually one of the best goals i actually ever scored in PES 2011, lovely 10 pass move and some good use of shielding, which i didn't realize at the time :LOL:

Second goal i conceded is all my fault, not blaming it at all on player switching. Yes, player switching is crap and needs fixing for 2012 but even so i could of stopped that goal. I just panicked really. was pressing L1 too much when i should of just stayed with one defender, ran back and closed off any spaces for Iniesta to shoot. I think i defended well up till then, you see before i was hardly pressing L1, much just using the player selected and running back or marking a free barca player. But they where dominating so much it was rather inevitable really, lapse of concentration.

Problem is they are so dam hard to tackle :) Xavi is the worst, just like in real life you run at him, try to tackle and he just does this crujff turn away from you! Initesta is just as devious along with the Alien who wasn't at his best for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom