JustPES - All your PES/WE tactical discussions

Hi Klash!

I would like to ask you to describe the arsenal settings because pictures are not too clear.
Is the song is DMF or CMF?
Van Persie SS or CF

And the main question again. Do you use this setting and tactics when you play as a Arsenal? Also against the buddies?
I have not played too many matches this setting, I'll try today, but I am afraid that the defensive line is too high for a game against my buddies:)

Cheers. Today i will set up all my premiership teams and will start new league. I will post my opinion soon..

song is always a DMF

Van persie is a CF in first 1

and SS in other 2

Thanks
And what about your setting for the game with friends offline?
One more...
Because as I see, many people like to play with Arsenal,maybe separate thread dedicated to Arsenal would not be bad idea ?:)

Possession (OFF) = Direct Attacking with quick passing (on the ground)!
Possession (DEF) = possession play, slow attack dominating possession!
Long Ball = Counter attack, defenders sit deep and launch long passes up field tot he wingers and strikers
Quick Counter = High pressure, especially from strikers
Swap Wings = When you attack down one side, the winger on the other side attacks with you.
All out Attack = Long ball game, Stoke, Blackburn style!

Thanks for the tips Klash, but I have a question.

Do those settings override the tactical sliders?
I've been leaving the thing empty where you apply those game plans and I find my team being much more disciplined.

It's almost as if these options like Long Ball, Quick Counter etc. just apply a slider combination of their own and make your ones ineffective.

I'd wish the tactics system were more football relevant and better explained!

can someone explain to me why players are all of a sudden dispossessed while trying to driblle i find this incredibly annoying at times i come close to breaking the pc

Possession (OFF) = Direct Attacking with quick passing (on the ground)!
Possession (DEF) = possession play, slow attack dominating possession!
Long Ball = Counter attack, defenders sit deep and launch long passes up field tot he wingers and strikers
Quick Counter = High pressure, especially from strikers
Swap Wings = When you attack down one side, the winger on the other side attacks with you.
All out Attack = Long ball game, Stoke, Blackburn style!

Hmmm, now, after lots of playing I see it differently:

Possession (OFF) = Offense orientated possession game. For teams that keep possession in opponent's half and probe for openings. Such teams defend high up or keep it balanced. Barca, Arsenal, Spain NT sits there.

Possession (DEF) = Essentially defensive strategy (for this I am opposed of giving it to Barca or Arsenal). For teams that retreat to their own half ALL and are not particulary willing to counter. Used for preserving the lead, "parking the bus" and this way it is more or less similar to the old "All out defend" strategy.

Long Ball = Classic counter attack. Team sits deep with forwards staying high up. When the ball is gained, it's quickly passed to the forwards using long passes. Fits for counterattacking teams, weeker teams playing against stronger opponents, Italian NT how they played friendly against Germany, Inter, Napoli, Bilbao Athletic etc.

Quick Counter = Playing on the break. High pressure in the oppenet half. When the ball is gained, team tries to unlock opponent defences with quick passes and speed. German NT under Jogi Low, Benitez's Liverpool, Lippi's Juventus would be good examples of Quick Counter.

Swap Wings = As you say, when you attack down one side, the winger on the other side attacks with you. Using the whole width of the pitch. Stretching the opponent defences. I feel this would be good second strategy for Barcelona. Del Neri's Juventus use it for long diagonal balls to Krasic.

All out Attack = Exactly this fits for long ball game. Stoke, Blackburn, Classic England. Basicly all teams that thrive on sending long balls to their attacking players from defence overcoming midfield.

Now then. Player support (PS) slider value, according to me, shapes the strategy further. For Barcelona I set low PS values together with Poss(Off) to make them attacking, but patient. For Manchester United maybe I would give higher PS values for Poss(Off) to make them move to opposition half faster and make players making more forward runs. If I choose Long Ball strategy, PS will decide how many players will join counter attacks. Low values will leave counter attacking to forwards, while higher will "send" players from midfield too. I feel the effect of sliders is much more related to the strategy set then we previously thought. As for me, I tend to choose a strategy first and only then tweek the sliders.

I tested Barcelona with Possession OFF like marlon suggested, 20 minutes, i used Schalke against them.

The way they attack is more smooth and attractive compared to Possession DEF and they put together some very nice attacks,

Issue is, they become to easy to break down, they don't close you down like they do with Possession DEF and the high line becomes easy to slot passes through. You get too much time on the ball and they pass forward a bit too much, don't dominate possession enough. Makes them very beatable!

I think it's best for Barca and other teams like that to stick with Possesion DEF but using OFF as a secondary tactic in places should work very well like it did when i tested it with Spain!

Anyone got any tips for making your CF take up a decent position for crosses?

Even with Fox in the box, the position all of CF and SS take up when I get the ball on the wing is shocking.

What positions do they take? The main sliders I'd expect to impact this are the player support and support range options. You probably want to set your side up to attack down the middle with your wingers high up, and set the support range as spaced out to prevent them moving toward the crosser. Depends on what your formation is though and how you generally play - get on www.footballuser.com and show us your line-up! :)

Anyone got any tips for making your CF take up a decent position for crosses?

Even with Fox in the box, the position all of CF and SS take up when I get the ball on the wing is shocking.

same for me Chimps.
been playing alot recently wife away in london.:wink
i have been playing alot on line mostly using spurs and pavelchenko just jogs into the middle or he will run to the near post.in any normal real match the cf would be steaming into the box.The only time he will make a run is for a through ball then as soon as a defender touches him he stumbles and stops for what seems like an eternity, its the same with defoe and lennon i'm tearing my hair out.
also the number of times the player swiching does not work properly and your team mates who are under Ai control just running away from the ball when it is next to them as if it was a bomb. these are the biggest gripes.
Even when i play online it still feels at times as though the game is scripted when for no apparrent reason i cannot clear the ball no matter what and somebody in the team will do something stupid and concede say a corner and i know that from this my opponent will score if he gets a header or shot on target and low and behold.
gont get me wrong its still a good game but best played in small doses cus when you play for long periods the same old faults really start to gripe!!!!

This is the way I play at the minute, but I am thinking of changing the WF to SMF and bringing them further down the pitch so that someone will be in the box.

http://www.footballuser.com/66366/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_Team

I have even tried giving nearly all forwards skills cards for positions and it hasnt worked. I have played the game for years and love crossing for goals, but its virtually impossible on this version and I end up just playing players through with through balls.

I will try setting the sliders, but I think I almost use that style now.

This game is so frustrating. I was like this last year, then after editing it I got it to be the most enjoyable game I have had. I keep trying new things and I am sure I will get it in end.

This is the way I play at the minute, but I am thinking of changing the WF to SMF and bringing them further down the pitch so that someone will be in the box.

http://www.footballuser.com/66366/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_Team

I have even tried giving nearly all forwards skills cards for positions and it hasnt worked. I have played the game for years and love crossing for goals, but its virtually impossible on this version and I end up just playing players through with through balls.

I will try setting the sliders, but I think I almost use that style now.

This game is so frustrating. I was like this last year, then after editing it I got it to be the most enjoyable game I have had. I keep trying new things and I am sure I will get it in end.

Very attacking formation! I score loads from crosses, especially the early cross i use a lot.

Personally i dunno, i haven't had any issues with strikers not being in the correct positions for crosses.

Very attacking formation! I score loads from crosses, especially the early cross i use a lot.

Personally i dunno, i haven't had any issues with strikers not being in the correct positions for crosses.

I am going to have to change it as I am struggling on Top Player with my game play changes, but Professional is too easy.

Probably bring more into midfield

updated all premier league team tactics!

i'll upload the templates soon

But seriously, i need help with other teams, what i don't get there enough advice and info here for people to create their own formations and post them but instead people seem to keep asking me to do teams for them that i don't really know much about!

We need help!

New tactics based on February update:

Please ignore the player ratings :) It's from a PC patch so some ratings are very incorrect :)

Chelsea
chelseal.png

Manchester City
mancityd.png

manuz.png

Manchester United

I'll do another version of City's formation with Dzeko, Balotelli etc.. if anyone wants it and another Chelsea if they ditch their 4-4-2 diamond.

Last edited:
3 Barcelona setups for everyone, first is most recent version.

barcelona1.png

3 Arsenal setups, again, ignore the bizarre player overalls
arsenal1.png

Last edited:

the problem with the game is if the player who has the ball even if he is on the wing and he is behind the cf in relation to position on the pitch then the cf will be ahead hence the early cross you mentioned thats why people tend to play through balls alot. the problem is say if you get a ball out wide to say your winger and he gets past the fb and the cb comes across leaving a gap in the middle this is when the cf should be making his move into the box but because the winger etc. is ahead in terms of further up the pitch the cf just seems to amble forward with no sense of urgency.As i play alot with spurs this is very apparant and there seems to be no way of altering this. really fustrating!!!

Last edited:
the problem with the game is if the player who has the ball even if he is on the wing and he is behind the cf in relation to position on the pitch then the cf will be ahead hence the early cross you mentioned thats why people tend to play through balls alot. the problem is say if you get a ball out wide to say your winger and he gets past the fb and the cb comes across leaving a gap in the middle this is when the cf should be making his move into the box but because the winger etc. is ahead in terms of further up the pitch the cf just seems to amble forward with no sense of urgency.As i play alot with spurs this is very apparant and there seems to be no way of altering this. really fustrating!!!

Try mixing up your crosses by using the appropriate cross depending on your strikers position, i mean if the box is crowded try the R2 (high) cross, works very well or me!

Apart from that i dunno, i've scored so many headers from crosses on this game though.

Klash, can you recommend team tactics (leading, level, trailing) for Serie A teams? In ML, the CPU teams don't really play at all like real-life Italian squads - that is, defensive-minded and very tactical. It seems like matches just end up playing almost like a Premiereship game, up and down the pitch.

A lot of Serie A squads play long ball but the PES Long Ball tactic really doesn't seem to play at all like real-life - instead of long passes being played from defense to frontmen thru the air, they end up playing that awful through-ball along the ground to the front striker.

Any help appreciated -

Last edited:
Klash, can you recommend team tactics (leading, level, trailing) for Serie A teams? In ML, the CPU teams don't really play at all like real-life Italian squads - that is, defensive-minded and very tactical. It seems like matches just end up playing almost like a Premiereship game, up and down the pitch.

A lot of Serie A squads play long ball but the PES Long Ball tactic really doesn't seem to play at all like real-life - instead of long passes being played from defense to frontmen thru the air, they end up playing that awful through-ball along the ground to the front striker.

Any help appreciated -

Like i explained above

Long ball = counter attack

The 'long ball' your looking for is 'All out attack' :)

Most if not all teams have that god awful long ball tactic when they shouldn't!

and can you PLEASE if you can give me a summary of every Italian team and how they play Except for Milan, Inter, Roma, Napoli, Juventus and Palermo who i've done already :)

Last edited:
Like i explained above

Long ball = counter attack

The 'long ball' your looking for is 'All out attack' :)

Most if not all teams have that god awful long ball tactic when they shouldn't!

and can you PLEASE if you can give me a summary of every Italian team and how they play Except for Milan, Inter, Roma, Napoli, Juventus and Palermo who i've done already :)

You can post the Milan, Inter and Roma? Tank´s...

KLASH,

you will upload all the rest Premier League teams after january transfer window, like you did with Chelsea and both Manchester..?

I dont know if I should start new season of league or i should wait for it.

Klash, I went back thru this whole thread and the only italian teams you've done are Milan, Inter and Palermo (which are all on page 3) - are the others posted somewhere else?

Also, I think you may have difficulty getting a summary of the lesser-known Serie A sides as there doesn't seem to be a lot of italian fans here. I follow Juventus but honestly couldn't give a detailed appraisal of most of the other squads.

I can tell you that most of the lesser-known italian sides sit back on defense and play long ball for the better part of the first half. Often they will switch to either more deliberate controlled wing play or a counter-attacking style if they fall behind.

In the second half, again they may play long ball for the first 15 and then wing/counter if level or behind. If they are leading, most will sit very deep and defend, sometimes countering between 60-75 minutes but during the last 15 it is often 'what we have, we hold' with 9 or 10 men behind the ball.

Is it possible for you to offer a single generic tactics set based on this which we might use? Also, can you please direct us to the Roma, Napoli, Juventus tactics if they're in another thread? If not, would you be able to post them here? Thanks!

Thanks Klash - so in these Serie A team tactics, I assume you're already considering Long Ball as Counter Attack?

Also, you said you had done Juventus tactics - would you be able to post that as well please?

Klash, I think some of your central midfielders are 'mirrored'. Lampard tends to naturally drift slightly left of centre, Barry usually plays to the left side of De Jong, and Scholes is usually deeper than and left of Fletcher. Looks a bit odd to put Yaya Toure higher up the pitch than Silva, too.

Roma attacking style is extremely wide in your formation. Are you sure?

P.S. just checked Inter formation (just lowered their defence line and pressure a bit) and can say it's exactly how they play IRL. Top work, klash. :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
forget more leagues!!! fix the play of the game.

#1:fix the movement of players, it seems labored when you are moving. especially when engaging an opponent. The A.I sometimes don't recognize the ball just because they are not selected, or if they are on a run, they won't break it off. Or they don't keep their run when you are attacking, they break it off too early.

#2: give players the ability to handle lob passes better, they seem to not be able to take advantage of those opportunities. ( they cant even get a good shot off when the ball is dropping)

#3: fix the referee ( the calls are ridiculous )

#4: stop the A.I from slide tackling in the box (have them clear the ball automatically, within a yard or two off the goal line instead)

#5: allow the player to hit one time shots(offense) , or clear the ball (defense) one time. if we want to control the ball, we wont press square to shoot or clear.

#6: bring back the old P.K system.......no one complained, so why change it.

#7: fix how players engage each other. from jostling to tackling to keeping possession of the ball.

#8: The motion of shooting needs some work, i'm not sure what. it just doesn't seem convincing

#9: When players are running, they have momentum. If i run full tilt and stop with the ball, the A.I stops on a dime right beside me. That's unrealistic, how are you supposed to get separation

#10: Ball physics needs adjusting

#11: Cursor switching speed needs to be adjustable

#12: Change the name back to Winning Eleven...............The good old days!

There you have it, 12 things to fix for Winning Eleven 2012. Do those things before changing anything that we did not ask to be changed, or changing the menus which have nothing to do with football or even new nets i can live without. These are the requests of your true blue faithful Konami, everyone else is trying to distract you from the task of making the beautiful game.

Back
Top Bottom