JustPES - All your PES/WE tactical discussions

Tactically I'm getting bored with MLO so last night I decided to try and recreate Roma's 4-6-0 formation.

roma_totti_vucinic_perrotta_de_rossi_pizarro.jpg

146127_Pro_Evolution_Soccer_Team.jpg

I played one game with it last night and I was encouraged by how the match played out. My opponent was baffled and didn't know what to do most of the time. Not playing with a natural CF confused him/her a lot.

Eventually I'm aiming to replace Arevalo with a holding midfielder like The Hudd, Carrick, Banega etc. Also The formation requires runners from midfield so my next signing will most likely be the box to box Simone Perrota or Ramires.

If the directional arrows return in PES 2012, that will help a lot

If anyone has any more suggestions, I'm all ears.

Player Support - 5
Support Range - 10
Position Switch - 12
Attacking Style - 7
Pressing - 7
Defensive Line - 14
Compactness - 6

imag0176p.jpg

imag0178lz.jpg

imag0177v.jpg

Last edited:
I am tactically bored as well and was seriously thinking of playing some catenaccio or zona mista(mixed zone) and specially this:

Zouna_mista.gif

One tip from me would be to change a player's role without changing their position on the pitch.

For example, having your wide midfielders set as attacking midfielders whilst still keeping them wide on the formation screen will result in them drifting infield a lot more, ideal for players such as van Persie, Nasri, Giggs, Kranjcar etc.
Also changing your full backs to wing backs will result in them bombing forward when you get the ball.

Another thing - forget overall ratings for attacking players..
Players don't become worse at passing, shooting, dribbling etc. when played out of position with a low overall rating - their positioning may be a little off at times, but then again, the AI isn't that great anyway so it doesn't make too much difference.
I've been playing Pires at SS, a position he supposedly can't play, and he's been brilliant there - his finishing, passing, dribbling and height causing defences all sorts of trouble.

I've always wanted to ignore the game and change a players role but I always forget, I'll keep it in mind.

Something clicked today, I've tweaked the Team Style and Management Edit, now I'm scoring goals with everyone in motion, fluid.

147272_Pro_Evolution_Soccer_Team.jpg

Lucas does a better job in front of the defense and is decent on the ball. Dempsey is more adept at attacking the box compared to Menez. Also when I cut inside with Vucinic, Mangani is always overlapping. I'm going to experiment next with him as a WB and see what happens.

i noticed that man mark card and covering card are gone
so now man marking strikers is same level for all defenders?
beside their stats off course..

also that "work rates" like on fifa are now in the game, like 3-2 or1-2 etc..
nice little add
better than just balanced or offensive awareness levels..

Back
Top Bottom