Is the demo out?!?!

F****** hated Pro Evo "2008". Sticked to Fifa 08 and mostly PES 6. Played the demo of PES 2009 for 6 h constantly, because i dont judge a game after playing two 5 min matches like others do. It is MUCH better than Fifa 09/PES 2008 in my opinion. It just feels right and there are so many details to be discovered. Keepers are great, passing has never been so good and defending is fun again. I love it.:applaud: And if you play it like its meant to be the animations are not bad at all(ok except running, but the gameplay is so good youll forget about this pretty quick). Hopefully the Online Mode will be lag free this time..... then we have the true sequel to PES 6.

lol guys those who don't like it and hope for a better full release..u better by fifa...konami don't need to change it(and they wont, u can't change a game in 2 weeks), the gameplay it's great, they should make some minor fixes (short pass speed)if they can, but anyway i like it a lot...and here are some fifa-fans who told us they are pes-fans...lol u can't compare fifa with pes.... in fifa the ball is as big as the sun :lol:, skin textures are awful and the gameplay engine same as all fifas

If the video in the end of a match is annoying to you...
Go to your PES2009 demo folder in Program Files and delete the following file pes09pv.
After the match ends it goes to main menu.

At least the game is playable unlike last year's. I was being quite pessimistic, so the game surprised me as it was actually fun to play. Fifa is still better and more of a simulation, but the gap isn't as big as between FIFA 08 and PES 2008.

Player stats are a huge let down like always, a lot of editing ahead :\

the game is better, I could easily scored a couple of times in any match.

The menu is too simplistic(old pes style)
Shooting is better(you have to be more accurated when pressing shoot button) and you can score really nice goals with the new system.
animations are better
dribling is easy, like in last version.
Passing is kinda different, at least some long passes I used to make arent working anymore(there must be a different way to them)
free kicks have a different camera angle(but work the same way).
Passing with right analog didnt do anything to me, only cons no roulettes with just using it.
AI defends better, goalkeapers are better, they look more realistic when saving.

cronaldo is overpowered
robinho still in madrid

the faces and models look better(nothing breathtaking)

Overall good 8.5/10

if online doesnt lags 9/10(and also buying it)

They need to update graphics,tweak a little more the gameplay, the ball physics looks correct.

If they fix the online I'll buy it,

Last edited:
I only managed to play 4 games last night but what I have seen from the game so far is the same rubbish problems that has plagued PES since the dawn of time.
- Robotic movement.
- Rubbish goalkeepers who parry everything and have poor positioning(It is like they watch sunday league football and think all keepers play like this).
- Passing, always passing too hard or too slow and never being able to do a through ball to the player you want.
- Awful animations.
- No major improvements in the gameplay to last year.

I will play it some more when I get home from work tonight, but Konami and Seabass have both made me angry about the shoddy effort they have put out this year.
I have now cancelled my pre-order with play, as this game isnt even worth a £1, I really hope they eventually get round to fixing it but looks like I will be waiting for PES 2010 and buying a PS3 so I can play a decent football game.
I am not scoring though as I will give it at least 10 games before I do that.

BUT I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO ANGRY OR DISSAPPOINTED.(and I bought PES 2008 last year).

Last edited:
Please guys, i have this problem when I try install pes demo.
Error 1335.The cabinet file Data1.cab required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
what may I can do?
I downloaded demo from rapidshare.

I just played a 15 minutes game using the demo tweaker. It actually seems quite a bit better that PES2008. I still HATE the running animations. I have NO IDEA why they haven't been fixed.

Well I think there are good news and bad news... First the good news:
-Graphics are better than the last version, pretty good though!
-AI seems better, you feel like it is a real game when the score is 0-0 or when you are losing!
-Although the stats can't be called pretty accurate, there was an effort in order to make the game more balanced. There aren't no more super players and regular random players. The gap between lets say Messi and Pennant isn't as notorius in the field as it was in 2008! Good achievement then!
-Strict referees!
-Foggy effects when taking a corner!
Bad news:
-You can have the superhero effect with C. Ronaldo but I warn you you will be heavly tackle and opposition will have some red cars to worry about!
-Keepers are just as poor as in 2008. Awfull when rushing out, looks like their hands have butter, miss easy saves...
-The balls seems a bit slow in long shots :(

Don't turn off skip frames as you aren't playing the real game you are just playing a slower version because your pc can't take the original 60 fps ratio. So it will just slow down in order to reach that level...

Anyone knows what the "LB" option does in the settings? I have a 32" TV and I'm using HDMI connection. Should I enable it?

if the image format does not match with resolution or sth like this the game will adjust the format to look ok on that resolution...or sth like this

i tried 4:3 with 1280x1024 (5:4 format i think) and some black areas appeared on top and bottom of the screen...u know like in movies today (that area where subtitles area together with top area)

The game is cool. I agree with a small kind of players thinking it is much different than pes2008. because it is! and i like it. Keepers make or big blunders or are master/normal. they made some crazy saves here on my pc. Good game. give it 9/10... Cant wait for online.

Please guys, i have this problem when I try install pes demo.
Error 1335.The cabinet file Data1.cab required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
what may I can do?
I downloaded demo from rapidshare.

I had problem the same, I it vista ultimate 64 For the love of gods somebody aid in :RANT:

Back
Top Bottom