Is the demo out?!?!

I love this game! for me it feels real. damn i had to adjust to the gamespeed man!. sloww:P but good. c.ronaldo nice fk styles. fk are nice

but how do i skip the bloody video at the end of every match

Just set the "nullify movie playback" option on in your settings.

9.5/10 from me they need to do sth with 8-direction, some animations, and i have to see about collisions if they fixed it

:O( I have to say im underwhelmed by the game to be honest. It hurts me to say this but I think im losing my faith with Pes. Its not a bad game and of course is better than 08....but I expected alot more. I know its only a demo and I will await the full game, but I think Konami need to go away and re-think it all. As somebody said earlier, the graphics and the lighting are fantastic, but it feels mechanical not smooth like it used to be.

are u shitting me Konami?? just tried out the demo... that's no nextgen graphics... and i do have a pretty good rig... radeon 3870, quad core CPU and 4gigs of ram... EA made it to the nextgen stage with FIFA and has a nice graphic engine... but this is the game that they call pes 2009?? are you shitting me?? other than the crappy graphics looks like they brought back the ball dynamics from pes 6... bad move... finally the camera doesn't suddenly stop when the whistle blows... and like another dude said above, the movement is really robotic... was way smother in the previous release... but this is really outrageous, haven't come out from this shock yet... this one reminds me of the first pes ported onto PC.. do you remember PES3 on the PC?

Great news, but where are the torrent´s seeders? I only see 5 :SS. C´mon guys! you can leave your torrent running while you test the game ;-).
I hope this to be a decent game this time.

One consolation...its an average pes PC but it beats FIFA 09 PC.
Downside tho...after playing FIFA 09 on PS3, for the first time in my eyes FIFA has now taken over.

Just played the demo. Gotta say that I cant go back to this after playing the wii version.

It looks nice but the animations are too wooden, the players still make the same poor runs into space, sometimes not even making the runs. It was said in an earlier post - Pes 2008 fixed. I think they peaked with pes 5.

I'm waiting for the wii version of 09.

Well.I was downloading when I leave my house, and it was 30min left so now I can say :
"I've downloaded"
But now I'm university and I've not installed yet...
I like a lot PES2008 so I don't think I will hate 2009 version, but it's kinda disapointing to see no "huge changes" but, maybe the "power" is in videogame versions, like silly Fifa09.
Fifa09 sucks.
I saw it to download in five mirrors today and I thought : "What kinda of guy will download this piece of garbage to PC? Even virus are more useful than that."

That my opinion.

I have been enjoying the PC demo but I have a problem. I cannot seem to play on 1280x1024 resolution on the high settings.

My computer specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+
ASUS A8N-SLi Motherboard
3GB Memory
2x NVidia GeForce 512Mb 7900GT graphics cards in SLi configuration (supports 2560x1600 resolution each)
Maxtor 500GB HDD
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Sound Card
19" ViewSonic VX922 2ms Monitor
Windows XP Professional/Ubuntu 8.04

I can only play on 1280x1024 resolution if I play on medium or low settings, but my computer can esily handle high settings. The max I can set on high setting is 1024x768. Anybody got any solutions?

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

okay np, I can live with that. Thanks.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow.

I actually prefer PES2008 to the mess I just played.

Extremely boring, they've limited almost all tricks.

- Marseille Roulettes can only be performed by some players.

- The Lift Flick can only be done by some players (it is extremely challenging to lift a ball above head height from stationary apparently).

- Manual passes (on the right stick) are definitely 8-way still. Atleast my Logitech Rumblepad 2 can only use those 8 directions. BUT I had to switch back to using [ R3 Direction + R3 Click ] to be able to use 8 directions. If I just pointed the stick in a direction, I only managed to make the player pass in 4 directions (up, down, left, right).

- Holding R2 gives you slow dribbling and technical movement by the player as in PES2008. There is no way to use the Right analog stick and R2 as a sort of trickstick as mentioned before.

- Removed are the dragback to diagonal/front movement from PES6/2008 (where the player from stationary first pulls the ball backwards as he takes a small step backwards, and then immediately accelerated forward and kicks out the ball in the direction you specify (was used to nutmeg players in PES2008).

- Also no sign of the Mattnews feint from stationary (even though the commands list states it should be there. I tried to do it with Ronaldo and Messi from stationary by moving the left stick as in PES6/2008, but nothing.

- Noticed about 5 or 6 new animations over 4 games. Most by the keeper. Running is still as robotic as 2008. Feet are sliding around really much when dribbling around.

- Passes are as bad as in PES2008. players constantly put more/less power than you want since you can't choose power, and so balls are constantly going several meters too far and ending up at an opponent, even though the passer wasn't pressured and any real footballer would've been able to execute it properly. Failure to aim at a teammate does the usual "pass the ball a short distance into nomansland" rubbish, that serves no purpose whatsoever, since passing into space isn't an option at all in this game due to absolutely no control over power or direction when it happens.

- Movement of players seems erratic and you've no real way to gauge when you need to release the stick for the player to slow down before you just run past an opponent. Stab tackles are bad with players most often just not even aiming at the ball, they just send out a leg without looking seemingly.

Seriously, I don't want to touch this game (or demo, since the usual "this is an old build" will most likely pop up, which is sad both if it isn't true and if it is true). I've been playing PES6 recently on PC, and that game is several orders of magnitude better than this, which is saying something since I dislike so much of that game aswell.

They are going to have to do something miraculous to fix this game for release.

EDIT: Also, the drop shoulder moves seem to have been removed completely. WTF? One of the few useful moves when pitted against a defender.

Last edited:
This is the worst first impression i have ever got from an PES game for 12 years.i think PES 2008 was much better than this game.İ am really dissapointed with PES 2009. it is very arcady, i think it is faster than PES 2008 pc, animations are shit players move like they are robots, goalkeepers are just like wall ball bounces back from them almost in every shot and defensive AI is terrible.This years winner is definately fifa 09.

It's just a DEMO! Come on people.. You all eventually played Pes 2008 :P
including the same guys that shot bullets against it!!
Enjoy the wonderful game that pes 2009 will be. I believe that every single person that every year criticises PES, are the same ones developing patches and keeping this forum alive, and why's that ? Because PES sucks ? Do the Evolution!

Read a book! That's more constructive. By the way, if you don't like Pes, play fifa, it's a good alternative! I will stick to Pes, because it's what i prefer to play. :)

actually i am finding this game a lot different than PES 2008, and i am liking it a lot too. :))

deactivating the frame skipping changes the game dramatically ı am really surprised here it became just another game (much better i mean)

Much better game than 2008 :) I didn't like that at all.
Now Pro Evolution Soccer back on track :)) . It feels more freedom than the previous version, everything is better. Shots, animations (not superb but definetely better than 2008), graphics, goalies, gameplay feels completely different. I will be buying PES again after last year's disaster.

Yes, turn off the frame skipping.

"It's just a demo"
"The full game will be 100X better"
"It's a pre-beta"

At this point, anyone who says anything resembling those phrases will deserve a certain "label".

Not strictly true the same was said about pes2008 demo and it turned out same as full game.

Back
Top Bottom