International Cricket 2010

Re: Ashes 2009 Game

Yeah she'll love that, why not buy her some tools and twat mags to go with it?
damn it, you must have seen me at the petrol station the other day.......it's the only place to go for shite tools and 'twat' mags.

anyways about the game

i don't see this problem about never looking like your going to get a wicket, you gotta remember your playing the aussies and you have to be so tight with the bowling length. i managed to take two wickets in the 3 overs last night with freddie, one off the inside edge on to the stumps and one caught at deep mid wicket. they were 9-2 at the end of the 3 overs and i comfortably walked to victory.

the best wicket i've taken so far happened when i kept bowling close to the stumps making katich play defensively and then threw a wide bouncer and he went for it catching the top edge, it went straight down the throat of second slip.

i'd be up for some online play, i found that BLIC was best when played multiplayer

Apparently people who have the full game are saying it's quite a lot better than the demo build...

who has the full game ??? It's not out yet..?? anyway I can't wait.. liked the demo.. and love the fact there is music when you a hit boundary in 20/20 and free hits and all sounds great :)

now i've got a a good hold on the bowling i've upped the level to hard and i can still win quite easily, bowled ponting out with a beauty last night, just out side off stump and it cut away and clipped the outside edge straight to slip.

Some people who have the full game are saying that although the game is better than the demo, the AI never makes mistakes when batting, this is worrying as half of the game (bowling) would be pretty dull and pointless if that's the case.

Also, how fucking stupid is it releasing a game called "Ashes cricket" near the end of the Ashes?! It should have been released at the start of the series not the day of the fourth test...

I think im gonna get this for Wii, hope its as good as the 360 version, apart from the graphics lol

Oooh that's much better. Still probably £10 too much, but that's more like it. Might pop out in 40 mins and get it :)).

Right, I'm going for it! Just rang my ASDA and they have copies in and it is indeed £25 :)).

Playing on Normal difficulty, which is the default. Doing a Twenty20, West Indies v India. I batted first and got 132 all out from 17.2 overs. 6 run outs! Whoops.

Time to see what bowling is like...

Well, India got 136/2 from 17.2 overs! Spooky that it was exactly the same number of balls :CONFUSE:.

Not sure what to make of it yet. Though I think online will be very good :)). If I hadn't have got all those run outs I guess I could have pushed on my total and got 150+, then the CPU might have had to take more risks when batting.

I just popped out to get this, installing it now.

It might be a while before I come online, I was shit at the demo and need some practice so I don't completely embarrass myself online!

Edit - It's pretty shit... people online are getting over 10 an over all the time and the AI times every shot perfectly...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah this game is far too easy batting wise. I'm currently 71/1 off 4 overs :LMAO:. I'll be taking mine back for a full refund within the next few days.

Last edited:

I think lara's cricket is probably better despite being a few years older... It might be ok on the wii I guess

Dont get this on Wii, its shite, graphics are piss poor, no hawkeye, it doesnt tell you the bowling speed, fielders act like retards and its just plane boring. not sure if im gonna get the 360 version and trade this bag of wank in

I saw a review in the paper about the Wii version and i think they gave it 1/10 :LOL:

Hi Everyone, new on here but felt i needed to join a forum to discuss Ashes 2009. I have it on the PS3 and i think its pretty good, i played last night for the first time and enjoyed it, graphics are good and game play is ok... however i was playing a test match against the aussies and found myself getting smashed out the park by ricky ponting, he got 148 i think of about 70 balls... Now is this me being pretty rubbish or does the computer not understand that were playing a test match and thats just not how its done!!

Look forward to your thoughts
James

Unfortunately the AI is crap on this game, way too aggressive in test matches and gets stupid run outs!
There's a little area fairly full and outside off stump where you can get them to leave the ball/defend it, but that's never going to get wickets... Whenever you go for a shorter/wider delivery it gets smashed for 4/6...

Online it's not too bad because if you bowl properly and they bat like cunts (always lofted shots across the line) then you can get plenty of catches and get them all out in under 10 overs usually, but at the first sign of them maybe losing, they quit, and you don't get the win...

i don't know, i started playing an ashes series on hard and after bowling 60 overs they were around 200-1. i did drop about 4 catches though.

i started another series on normal and had them all out for 108 after about 40 overs.

i think there is alot of skill to get get your bowlers confidence high so they bowl a bit quicker, more swerve etc and making sure you place the fielders correctly is key.

Thanks for that guys. Another thing is that the bowlers speeds are all wrong, you've got steve harmison bowling at 70 mph at full speed which is just stupid... I guess the game just doesnt meet the high expectations i had, brian lara cricket 07 and 05 are much more fun to play on my laptop!

Back
Top Bottom