International Cricket 2010

Re: Ashes 2009 Game

Just signed out and signed back in, still not there! I'll have to log on to the Xbox site and add it to the download queue from there.

EDIT: That did the trick!

Last edited:

Do the unlicensed teams have real player names?

Oh crikey I didn't realise JUST England and Australia would be licensed?! That's fucking shocking. If there's no edit feature I'm not getting it.

There is a full edit feature.

Also if you play as an unlicensed team, every match you play you earn points which can be used to upgrade the skills of individual players so in theory you could tailor their abilities to accurately reflect their realife counterparts (these cannot be used online).

That's good to hear, not sure why it took me so long to realise that only two teams are licensed.

Just tried the demo now, I couldn't figure out how to control any of the players! It was controlling everyone for me, but I'll give it another go later. Don't think it's for me though.

Graphically it's not very impressive at all, reminds me very much of the LMA Manager 2007 graphics actually (gulp).

Last edited:

just played and the graphics are a huge let down thats for sure. Some of the faces are so bad, freddie flintoff looks terrible. The commentary is so bad!!

You get 3 overs to do your stuff.

Batting I was all over the place at first and kept hitting edges. Once I nailed the timing though it feels okay.

Bowling I found difficult. England spanked me all over the shop. Noticed there is a legends coaching mode in the menu though so that will be a good feture to use.

Last edited:

Batting is good on this. But the opposistion batsman are just mental and smash everything on the Hardest difficulty. I can get over the graphics. I'll still be getting this.

Graphics are better than 07, but obviously not as good as games like Fifa etc.

For bowling try bowling line and length, use variety of deleveries. Lots of people liking the gameplay, this is what codies focussed on!

No untucked shirts, stumps are rubbish and don't even get me started on the boots :SHAKE:.

Just had a little play on it now, was only on normal but feels quite good. Animations and graphics are poor, as is the commentary. Hopefully the gameplay alone will be enough reason to buy it.

When you're bowling it just never feels like you're gonna bowl the CPU out. Ever. :((.

Does it use that system where you place where you want the ball to land? Thats a shit system if it is.

When you're bowling it just never feels like you're gonna bowl the CPU out. Ever. :((.

It is difficult to get players out, especially on higher difficulty levels, for me that is the beauty, just been playing the Aussies, Hughes cracked the first 2 balls of Broad's over through the covers, adjusted my line so made him play defensively, 5th ball he worked into the covers for 2 runs. So I decided to bring in a fine leg and balled a bouncer angling into Hughes, he gloved it to fine leg.

I think the graphics and animations are better than BLIC 07 but no where as good as other sports titles such as FIFA, FNR4 etc. The gameplay though is very good.

Just played the demo, had to bump it down to easy, was getting out for ducks all over the place on Normal. It's horrible to look at, just smells of budget all over it, going to dig out BLIC cause apart from the new fielding catching mechanic, which is alot more intuitive, and the grass looking a deeper shade of green, I cant really see what they have added in two years! Freddie Flintoff is defo more like the cartoon character than the cricketer for sure. But they all seem to have huge fooking noggins on skinny shoulders.

I wont even be buying at that Amazon price, just look at The Bigs 2, you can pick that up for under 15 quid and it's a far better looking game and looks like it has more play modes. I'd spend 12 quid at a push on this.

Just played the demo, had to bump it down to easy, was getting out for ducks all over the place on Normal. It's horrible to look at, just smells of budget all over it, going to dig out BLIC cause apart from the new fielding catching mechanic, which is alot more intuitive, and the grass looking a deeper shade of green, I cant really see what they have added in two years!

While I agree with you about graphics, it deffo does not look as good as other sports game (but is an improvement on BLIC2007).

I would say that what they have added in the 2 years is to make this a playable game. BLIC 2007 as a cricket simulation was awful, it had so many bugs it was untrue and even on the highest difficulty level it was easy. Ashes 2009 might not look great in the graphics department but in terms of core gameplay it is light years ahead of previous versions.

Game developers see Cricket as a minority sport which does not generate huge huge sales so budgets for these type of games are always small.

For me personally I can will live the graphics if the gameplay experience is realistic.

Just played the demo, had to bump it down to easy, was getting out for ducks all over the place on Normal. It's horrible to look at, just smells of budget all over it, going to dig out BLIC cause apart from the new fielding catching mechanic, which is alot more intuitive, and the grass looking a deeper shade of green, I cant really see what they have added in two years! Freddie Flintoff is defo more like the cartoon character than the cricketer for sure. But they all seem to have huge fooking noggins on skinny shoulders.

I wont even be buying at that Amazon price, just look at The Bigs 2, you can pick that up for under 15 quid and it's a far better looking game and looks like it has more play modes. I'd spend 12 quid at a push on this.

I thought fielding was automatic. one of my players dropped an easy catch, batting on normal is okay. You just gotta get the timing right, like you at first I was edging everything.

Oh and where is Bigs 2 £15 dude?

I thought fielding was automatic. one of my players dropped an easy catch, batting on normal is okay. You just gotta get the timing right, like you at first I was edging everything.

Oh and where is Bigs 2 £15 dude?

From what I could see, catching is kinda QTE, it goes into slow motion, the ball is travelling with a coloured circle round it, from red thru to amber thru to green, and it's normally A, which I press when the circle is green and I make the catch.

The Bigs 2 is under 15 quid in lots of places, like The Hut, Amazon, Asda etc

Speaking to Wrighty earlier today, my price I would be prepared to pay for this title kept dropping. He did make a very interesting comment though, this should of been a XBLA title, 800 point(at a push now) download, and that would of been it. At least BLIC had ICC licences for various tournaments.

I know Cricket games are a very limited market, here and Australia and maybe New Zealand, and thus they went for the Ashes as a licence as that covers the biggest markets, but I'm going to try BLIC, and then the demo of this again, but I really cant see me buying the full game, not for such a limited gaming experience.

Last edited:

i still not got anywhere near a wicket. Batting I am good at although as it only 3 overs you treat it like a T2O game.

I am trying everything with bowling and not had one edge yet.

Last edited:

Well played a couple more games on the demo, and played some BLIC, and well it's a slightly evolved, it's certainly not worth the money to upgrade or swap to it. Player models are very similar, some tweaks to the gameplay, but overall is a Konami job here and not an EA one.

BLIC has licenced ICC stuff, but the players arent either, only Ricky Ponting and Brian Lara just about are licenced I think. See Amazon have just put their pre-order price to 35 sheets, which is much more than I think this game is worth. I think they should of released this as a budget release, I may pick it up sometime, but I doubt it'll be this summer for sure.

Tried the demo and thought I was back in 2006 or something, game is utter, utter shite, embarrassing for Codemasters to have their name on it.

i got the demo and it seems good but i can´t understand the rules of this crazy game!!!! :P

Back
Top Bottom