International Cricket 2010

Re: Ashes 2009 Game

Is there a nets mode when you practice and can anyone tell me what the net physics are like? That is the deal breaker for me, if the net physics are no good in nets sessions then I wont be buying the game irrespective of the gameplay, whereas if the game is pants but the net dynamics are good then I'll have to buy it.

:LOL:

Trailer looks good, very authentic. Not sure about the player's movement though, some bowler run ups look a bit...awkward.

Yeah I was a bit surprised with the slightly akward and jerky player movements (particularly bowler run up's) the build that I played at the playtest was very smooth, I guess the trailer is from an older build.

I've heard from Codies that they hope to get a demo out before release, or on release date. I am sure people will really like this game. Also heard from Codies that they could have rushed this game out for the start of the Ashes, but they wanted it to be throughly tested to remove bugs.

Last edited:

Release-date-happy Codemasters has announced that Ashes Cricket 2009 will be released for PC, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 on 7th August, which is the first day of the fourth real-life Ashes test at Headingley.

Developed by Transmission Games on PC/PS3/360, Ashes Cricket 2009 allows you to play through the famous series itself, and also in test matches, ODIs and Twenty20 games, with historical scenarios as well and Hawkeye to help out. Bowling uses a gauge and four coloured zones for timing, while catches are quick-time events.

The Wii version, meanwhile, has been handled by Gusto Games and, as you'd expect, allows you to perform gestures with the Wii remote to bat and bowl. While fielding, you can use the remote to polish the ball, set the field and bowl - applying swing and turn to deliveries - and batsmen can drive, cut, slog and nurdle.

Check out the latest screenshots elsewhere on the site.

Hopefully getting a review copy within the next week or so. Will do a review and hopefully some high def gameplay videos on the highest difficulty level.

They knew that I was a huge critic of BLIC2007 when they gave me the playtest, I told them of it is rubbish I would say so on my preview. Thankfully it miles better than the previous version! But will throughly test it before posting a brutally honest review!

Just heard from Codies PR that the 360 demo should come out today, it is with Microsoft and is due to hit live today, only GOLD members will be able to download it.

Here is press release:

Ashes Cricket 2009 playable demo takes to the crease on Xbox LIVE Marketplace today.

Bat and bowl your country to Ashes glory in Ashes Cricket 2009

Thursday, 23rd July 2009 (4pm) – Cricket fans can now experience the tension, drama and atmosphere of the npower Ashes Series as the Ashes Cricket 2009 playable demo hits Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® today. The demo enables gamers to bat and bowl in a six over sample of a Test match between England and Australia at Lords.

Ashes Cricket 2009 delivers all the exciting, athletic, skilful and technical elements that gamers expect from a Codemasters’ cricket title. The game’s comprehensive ‘Ashes’ mode features all five Tests played out at detailed recreations of each official venue. In addition, gamers will also be able to play Test matches, One Day Internationals, 20 over games and a series of challenge modes.

Ashes Cricket 2009 is fully licensed by the ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board), the MCC (Marylebone Cricket Club, the world's most famous cricket club and owner of the Ashes urn) and Cricket Australia, providing the game with all the official players, kit, stadia – including Lords and The Brit Oval – and equipment from this year’s npower Ashes Series.

Available to Gold members today, the demo will be available to Silver members on 30th August 2009, to coincide with the beginning of the Third npower Ashes Test at Edgbaston. Ashes Cricket 2009, the full game, is set to launch on 7th August 2009 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PC and Wii™.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

EDIT: It's not up there yet :((

Last edited:

Arse, really need to try this demo. It's available to pre-order at £28.79 at Amazon.

Don't know what has happened, Codies have done the press release as Microsoft confirmed to them that the demo would available on Live from yesterday. I suspect that it will come out within the next 24 hours or so.

A playable demo for the upcoming Ashes Cricket 2009 has hit the Xbox LIVE Marketplace today, allowing gamers to play match between England and Australia at Lords.

Ashes Cricket 2009 is fully-licensed by the England and Whales Cricket Board and is due out on the Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, and PC platforms on August 7th.
Most websites say it should be out, but it isn't! I just had to quote this one for the brilliant spelling mistake :LOL:.

From Codies:

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for this, but we've been informed that Xbox LIVE are having some problems at the moment which is why the demo wasn't up yesterday as announced. Expect to see it up sometime later today though.

yay! hopefully it will be on by 3pm for when i get home from work! there is no better feeling than blitzing those stumps with a swinging fast bowl!

hope this end up pretty good. Shame Codemasters only bothered to license australia and england though. Damn some of us would rather play with other licensed teams. (Windies)

I will be happy being australia though and giving england a good old whitewash.. :)

hope this end up pretty good. Shame Codemasters only bothered to license australia and england though. Damn some of us would rather play with other licensed teams. (Windies)

I will be happy being australia though and giving england a good old whitewash.. :)
Be nice if they had some classic teams in like the Windies of the 70's and 80's...

Back
Top Bottom