International Cricket 2010

Re: Ashes 2009 Game

I should mention, I really can't stand cricket. But even despite that, the terrible LOD issues of the white railings all around the pavilion was enough to help me decide it's shit :)

I've played the demo on my laptop, apart from the panning shots the game runs fine. Didn't enjoy the gameplay though, not easy playing with the keyboard to be fair though.

I don't think I'll have the patience to wait for a PS3 demo any more, Madden is out the week after this.

ac01.jpg

ac02.jpg

so has anyone bought this then, if so any thoughts on the finished product?

i've got mixed feelings about this, i know it's not up to the standard of current next gen games, but i did thoroughly enjoys playing BLIC and this is basically the same. might wait to buy second hand.

That's cool Tim. However you should look to rent it to get a proper taste of the game because the demo is from code that was over 2 months old and not indicative of the final product, Codies should not have released a demo from code that old.

However you should look to rent it to get a proper taste of the game because the demo is from code that was over 2 months old and not indicative of the final product, Codies should not have released a demo from code that old.

Then that plainly was the single most stupid fecking thing they did, everyone who was slightly interested in the game DL'd the demo and tried it, and everyone was put off by it. I expect sales to flop. Totally. They probably should of had it as a budget release.

Having tried the demo it's a good game, the best cricket game out of the box since BLC 99 but i'm not sure the batting is better than Cricket 04 on PC with AI/gameplay patches (I always simmed bowling on that though, was boring).

As Tim said, you never really feel like you are going to get a wicket when bowling, maybe in a longer match you could use a gameplan and then catch them out with a different ball every so often, if the AI was that good which I doubt it is.
I also hate the way that if you try putting too much pace on the ball you bowl no-balls, every game does that and it doesn't make much sense. Extra pace comes from upper body power, trying to overdo that would mean you would bowl off target, not plant your foot in the wrong place and bowl a no ball.

The AI batsmen seem to play impossible shots that if you tried you would have no chance of even connecting with the ball let alone hitting boundaries like they do...

The bowling speeds are wrong, one example is Broad being so slow (he can bowl 90mph in real life, i've hardly reached 80 on this, someone told me this has been fixed for the full version but i'll wait and see first, it's very important to me that they are right.

The fielding and running is shit, i've seen so many overthrows and needless run-outs in the fairly short time i've played the game. The umpires are blind as well, they use the third umpire on just about every run-out appeal.

Despite all that though it will probably be the only cricket game worth getting for a while, because EA are shit at making cricket games.

Yeah, rent it first for me I think. Would we play it online at all? Twenty20 matches or something?

Back
Top Bottom