inter Thread - Adriano back and leg injury

Re: Inter Fans Show shit to Football

That is a bit suspect that the blood test is "optional" :roll:

Well anyway im off for today. Classic i agree the Italian league is corrupt in some sectors of it, but in a way it characterizes the italian league and makes it enjoyable to watch - example would be Lazio (fascists) v Livorno (communists).

Im obviously against doping, cheating and violence, but i like the league as it is now excluding those 3 factors.

Tim7 said:
That is a bit suspect that the blood test is "optional" :roll:

Piss test is mandatory, its still a form of testing that doesnt require extracting anything. I agree they are idiots to not do it, but then not everyone is a fan of that.

Oh don't get me wrong, I often settle down and watch the Italian footie on a Sunday evening too, I just think they get away with things which they shouldn't do. For example, if that incident tonight had happened at an English ground, they would get absolutely hammered for it.

ClassicD said:
I've already stated - PM running a club. I have never said Milan only won because of this (that'd be you adding 2+2 and getting 5 btw), but that it stinks.

He was running the club long before he became PM and they were more successful during that era. Less of his time and money is invested in the club. This isn't Steau Bucharest under Ceausescu or Real Madrid under Franco. There is nothing suspicious on or off the picth as far as Milan are concerned.

So Seedorf and Gattuso haven't refused to take drug tests then?

Only urine tests are mandatory, blood tests are not. That's why Gattuso refused and it shouldn't have been revealed in the first place as the names of those tested isn't supposed to be disclosed. Gattuso gave a test a day later :

"Either you do things seriously or you don't do them at all. For months no-one has seen for blood tests and then now they bring up this new thing. At any rate, I don't see where the problem is given that nothing is obligatory. We should plan the controls well, making them equal for everyone and then I would be happy to adhere. I am going to do the blood analysis tonight and everyone can come and have a look. I'll even give 10 litres if they want. I have nothing to hide because my doping is hot chilli peppers and hard work in the week."

There are no fights at the San Siro? Already mentioned last season's Milan-Roma match, tonight's match is another one, and whenever

Roma supporters threw flares at Dida and Gattuso, it has nothing to do with Milan supporters.

ClassicD said:
Oh don't get me wrong, I often settle down and watch the Italian footie on a Sunday evening too, I just think they get away with things which they shouldn't do. For example, if that incident tonight had happened at an English ground, they would get absolutely hammered for it.

You won't get any arguments from me, I've been saying it for years.

What a shamefull night do you think if there is a repeat tomorrow italian football could be in deep trouble?

I somehow agree with Classic in practically everything he said.
Italian football has a really bag image right now. Tonight hasn't helped a bit.

UEFA, and the persons in charge of the Italian League should start thinking about serious penaltys for clubs. The clubs could do something to help. The persons that are constantly creating trouble should be banned from setting foot on a stadium for a few years, and If the offence is serious, jail! The clubs should provide camera proof. (they have cameras on the stadiums don't they?, I'm not refering to TV cameras)

Inter should get banned for a year from the CL, to make them an example!
Not banning every Italian team, like the Heysel situation that caused English teams to be banned, It's unfair for other teams (UEFA was wrong there). Specific bans should be enforced!

Fuckin stupid what went on and i agree that an example should be made of teams nowadays, a new standard needs to be set.

Ban any team from any competition if they a> racially gang up on players and or b> cause extreme danger to players / rival fans inside the ground.

Come on UEFA, lets not get nervous now.

Its a disgrace to football but it was somewhat amazing.I think its all preplanned,seeing just how much flares were thrown down to Milan's goal area,just amazing scenes.Anyone has pictures,worthwhile to be a wallpaper? Hats off to Markus Merk anyways for making the right decision and Congrats to Milan and Sheva...all the way now lads.

i watched the video of that fire hitting dida, its a shame ...

A SHAME..... cant blame all the supporters... but what a sad thing that happened with him.... damn!!!!!!! i hope uefa take some action against theseee fools

ClassicD said:

Perhaps UEFA has lots of Italian members. They probably don't have many English members, hence the bias against. Same with Fifa. Very tough on the English but not on say, Argentina where people regularly die from hooliganism, guns are brought into stadiums etc. Where's the justice?

I hope they throw the book at them. This has got to stop.

i imagine that what happened at the san siro will be nothing compared to what the juve fans have in store for the scousers. apparantly alot of juve fans have got tickets in the liverpool end.

What goes around comes around.

Italian football has a problem.
There are the facist fans in Lazio (and remember what Di Canio did after scoring against Roma: the facist greeting, should have been banned for that).
There was the Roma incident with Frisk.
There were serious incidents in the one of the last (last season???) Roman derbies.
There is Berlusconi and AC Milan (but that problem is not about football alone, fortunately the Italion voters begin to see reason, Berlusconi is a crook).
There are the drugs (Juventus and EPO, and i'm quite sure that EPO is widespread in Italy).
There are finacial fraud problems related to football: Parmalat and Cirio.
There are the suspicious death of (former) serie A and B players. (I once made a thread about this, those of you who are interested only have to search...if my memory serves me well there scarely was any reaction, search for it because it's intriguing information, don't remember the details...).
And then there is the widespread corruption in Italian football, just read "A season with Verona" by Tim Parks or "The Miracle of Castel di Sangro" where a tiny litle team by some miracle plays in the Serie B. In the penultimate match they can avoid relegation and what are they doing in the last match...they sell it.
Tim Parks' book is a nice example of the positive and negative aspects of Italian football and the fans. It shows the passion which is unique but passion has negative aspects aswell (corruption, drugs, cheating and crowd violence).
I think it would be good for Italian football if UEFA should consider a two year ban for all Italian teams. It would give the Italian FA time to consider quite a few problems. I'm sure many Italians(Milanista,...) or fans of Italian football fans (Don Domenico) will be furious for what i say but i honestly think it would be in the best interest of Italian football.
Oh and i hope this prediction will be wrong, but i'm afraid there will be even bigger trouble this evening in Turin...
All this is a shame for the thousands (millions) of fair and passionate fans of Italian football (like Milanista and Don).

Dangerous Dave said:
i imagine that what happened at the san siro will be nothing compared to what the juve fans have in store for the scousers. apparantly alot of juve fans have got tickets in the liverpool end.

what the fucks that supposed to mean?

i suggest you read up on what actually happened at heysel, yes juve fans died because liverpool fans charged them, if they hadn't have charged then nobody would've died simple has that but liverpool and the supporters have accepted their share of the blame since the day it happened and have appologised (not just last week, but attempts have been made in the past to appologise) and i'm sure nodody went over there intent on killing italians

one of the biggest problems was thatcher's responce the day after, she immediately appologised to italy and uefa and put all the blame on liverpool, this allowed the whole thing to be swept under the carpet whilst liverpool and english football took all the blame

there's a lot of circumstances which played a part in what happened, for starters uefa should never have allowed the game to be played in a crumbling stadium which had already been condemned for demolition, the segragation wasn't good enough with rival supporters seperated by chicken wire, the policing was poor with control split between the local police and state police

and lastly the juve ultras who turned up tooled up looking for trouble, the red animals banner in their end, liverpools supporters being bombarded with missiles before they charged the italians, juve supporters wearing ski masks and armed with knives, bicycle chains and even a starting pistol

some of the juve fans were just as culpable as the liverpool fans, it's just unfortunate that a wall collapsed and people died, i can still understand italians being angry at what happened but they should know just as well as us that violence isn't the way forward, if there is trouble tonight then i expect uefa to take strong action against juve, i just hope the game passes peacefully and the liverpool supporters who've gone over there come back safe

to say "What goes around comes around" just makes it sound as though nobody else was to blame except liverpool supporters and we deserve everything we get tonight, i'm sure you didn't mean it like that but thats the way i saw it

following the european cup final in rome in 84 roma fans attacked liverpool fans indiscriminately, it didn't matter if they were men, women or childeren, buses had their windows put through, taxi drivers refused to take liverpool supporters anywhere for fear of having their taxi damaged by missiles, liverpool fans staying in rome weren't allowed into their hotels because the owners feared reprisals from the rioting roma supporters, it was sheer luck that nobody was killed but was anything said or done about it? was it fuck

Disgraceful scenes last night but no-one has mentioned the match.

I felt Inter were a little unlucky. What was Sheva doing in the 3rd minute?? No doubt he should have been sent off for the headbutt on Materazzi. Inter then have a good shout for a pen turned down then Sheva (who should'nt even be on the pitch!) scores a great goal.

Inter played with great spirit in the second half, Martins unlucky on a couple of occasions. Then Cambiasso has a goal ruled out, which is again debatable. I have seen those given in the past. So really with a couple of major decisions going the other way, Inter would have been right in the game with 20 minutes left with Milan down to 10 men.

I feel their fans have reason to feel aggrieved this morning. I am Not condoning their actions though, they were a disgrace to football.

I see that there is a discussion about Heysel in this thread. Let me tell you a story and set some facts right. I will try to keep it simple.
I'm Belgian.
I was 23 in 1985.µ
I was doing a post-graduate at university and had bought tickets for the the final (before we knew who was gonna play it if memory serves me well).The tickets were for the now infamous "vak Z" where it all happened.
A couple of weeks before the match i saw my exams roster and to my disappointment i saw that i had to defend my graduation thesis the day after the final. So wisely i sold my ticket to another friend and saw it all on television.
Fortunately my friends were unharmed but they saw it all happen (and - this is important - one of them was an Italian Juve fan). They say that it all started when a English father with two kids in the neutral zone was harassed by Italian fans. When the Liverpool fans in the nearby zone saw it happen they tried to signal this to the police. For some reason they didn't react (didn't understand the Liverpool fans???). When the harrassment continued, a couple of Liverpool fans decided to cross over to the neutral zone to help...the rest is history...
Is this true??? Like i said, i wasn't there..but why would my friends lie???
Am i giving the blame to "the Italians"??? No i certainly am not...
But it's all so simplistic to put the blame with anyone...
For god's sake this is 20 years ago...
And Dave, i think you should never have said "what goes around comes around"...it probably all started with similar behaviour...it's only football. As a Man Utd fan i guess you don't like Liverpool but this is going much too far..Remember, before that final Liverpool fans were considered the best of all English fans...Just see it as a sad thing that happened but don't start all the arguments all over again. I'm sure some nutters would like that so that they have pretext to do stupid, criminal things.

PS: for who wants to know more about it, sunday there's a docufilm about Heysel on BBC2.

Last edited:

this reminds me off the uefa cup game feyenoord-sporting (although i hate that crybabie goalie from sporting , faking he was hit), after the fire works , game went on and when sporting scored the second goal they started trowing lighters and hit several players of sporting.(u could see it really well on camera). Now we only have 1 european home game without supporters and pay alot of money, but i think inter will be banned for 1 european season

Benn, I already said that I have not put Milan's success down to Berlusconi. What I am saying is it really is a poor state of affairs that this was allowed to happen. I am not 'behind the scenes' at Italian football or Italian politics, and I doubt you are either - to catagorically state Milan have never benefited from his dual-role because "there's no proof", is putting your head in the sand IMO. I cannot 'prove' they have benefited, my point is it shouldn't even be an issue because it's a conflict of interests, who knows how many opportunities he had to help out his club?

Yes the flares came from the Roma section during last season's match, but you clearly stated that there was never any trouble at the San Siro, you even mentioned that you included Inter in this too. Now you're saying it wasn't from the Milan fans - well I have already mentioned the missles thrown at Celtic fans when they were there?

Fishcake, Dangerous Dave is clearly fishing with that comment, it would be best to ignore his kind.

Gerd your posts as always are very interesting to read.

gerd said:
There are the facist fans in Lazio (and remember what Di Canio did after scoring against Roma: the facist greeting, should have been banned for that).
There was the Roma incident with Frisk.
There were serious incidents in the one of the last (last season???) Roman derbies.
There are the drugs (Juventus and EPO, and i'm quite sure that EPO is widespread in Italy).

I was a great fan of Juve, till the drugs story appeared. I still like them, but It has surely reduced my enthusiasm when I watch them play.

The incidents with violence are becoming a plague in Italy. But UEFA seems to biased to make a stand. Banning Inter from CL for a year should be a decent start, since there is no club supporter that likes seeing their team out of the CL.

My guess is that UEFA will fine them and issue a 3 game ban! Like the Frisk /Roma incident!

Dangerous Dave said:

What a nice human being, you're a fucking disgrace.

jonneymendoza said:
kill inter fans

Well my favourite italian team is Inter. Are you gonna kill me?

Dangerous Dave said:

You ignorant git!! Grow up mate and read up on the Heysel disaster. People died that night. Doesn't mean there should be reprocussions tonight, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

From Uefa.com

FC Internazionale Milano 0-1 AC Milan (agg: 0-3)
Second leg abandoned after 75 minutes
Endless shame. It was a disgraceful episode for an otherwise civil town like Milan. This is not the football we want, this is not the show we want to watch. The game is now only a secondary matter. (Gazzetta dello Sport, Italy)

Milan qualified but this is not news considering the recent results between the two sides. It was a melancholic end to the second edition of the Milan derby in the Champions League and a very bad blow to the reputation of the town and of Italian football in general. (Corriere della Sera, Italy)

I highlighted what I thought was more important!

Back
Top Bottom