HTC Mobile Phones Thread

Just made my first Android app! Only a "Hello World" app following a tutorial but quite pleasing :)

:LOL:

Got a few good apps on my phone, use the VLC remote a lot for my laptop as a media player and also Record It! to get my sky box recording things whilst i'm out.

Getting 48 hrs on a charge now too with everything on and syncing :)

You know there's an official Sky+ app now?

I'm enjoying Google App Inventor, just made the Whack-A-Mole game and, although it's VERY basic, it's fun to create and I'm enjoying it :)

:LOL:

I'm just following tutorials, I'm a LONG way off from anything half decent. It ties in nicely with my uni work tho so it'll be interesting to have a dabble on App Inventor now and then.

Nah, I'm still learning the very basics of Javascript through my Open Uni course.

Just got my Orange sim yesterday and I've noticed that it keeps dropping my data connection. I've checked the APN settings and they're all correct. Toggling flight mode and rebooting my phone doesn't seem to work and the only way it comes back is to wait it out.

Anyone else have the same problem with Orange, or had it and fixed it? Definately not my phone, as had Vodafone and O2 sims and both held data fine.

Edit: A colleague of mine has an SE Satio and he's getting full 3G on his Orange sim. Just tried it in my phone and no data again. So it's not a sim issue. Also tried an O2 sim from my work PDA and it gave me GPRS straight away.

Looks like Orange is buggered. Finding loads of people complaining that their internet is down, my mate has just tried his and it wont connect even though it shows 3G. Emailed my girlfriend and she said she can't connect either.

Looks like I cursed Orange when I joined them yesterday :LOL:

Edit: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08/19/orange_outage/

Angry Birds lite beta is on the Market now, can't see any problems playing it on my Galaxy S either :)

Rooting doesn't change anything, it just gives you more priveleges. Unless you mean you're running a custom ROM Jonney, which is a very different thing?

Rooting doesn't change anything, it just gives you more priveleges. Unless you mean you're running a custom ROM Jonney, which is a very different thing?
yea i am running a custom rom and its awsome.

feels so fast and responsive plus the keyboard is fucking awosme. as responsive and quick as the iphone now

OpenFeint games making their way over to Android from iOS now, Fruit Ninja and Minisquadron the highlights to come onto the Market today :D

Just bought myself a Desire HD. Got bored of iPhone and just fancied a change. Should receive it tomorrow. Took a bit of a gamble cos I bought it on eBay and it's a vodafone model.

I'm going PAYG too (fed up with 18/24 month contracts), and got myself a giffgaff sim, based on O2s network.

Anyway, is it easy to simunlock this phone and also install a custom ROM?

I'm just reading up on rooting etc, but I'm a bit concerned that it needs to be a very particular software version initially on the phone? Anyone know anything about this?

I'm also fed up of 18/24 contracts! I'll be going PAYG when my contract runs out in July. I had a HTC and rooted it and put a custom ROM on. It was a bit of work initially, but then becomes quite easy if I remember rightly...

so u got spare £400 £500 to buy a phone sim free lads? im sure 9/10 people would buy sim free phones if it was priced reasonable.

some devices cost more then a laptop.

Got my phone.

Rooted it, sim-unlocked it, security-off'd it and installed Android Revolution HD ROM...

Wow! Wipes the floor with the iPhone 4...

My girlfriend now wants the (smaller) Desire to replace her iPhone...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom