HTC Mobile Phones Thread

Android 2.2 rolling out this weekend to unlocked Desire's.

The network phones will take longer, probabaly because all the crap they pre load onto the phones.

T Mobile are saying September.

and im saying next week (rooting time).

Also, the update will not only include 2.2 but 720p recording

Again. I've forgotten what it's like to have a phone that I can actually make calls with once I pick it up.

Nope, getting the Samsung Galaxy S I reckon. Besides the games, I'm finding I'd rather have Android and the iPhone is a bit shallow apart from games really.

As soon as there is more high quality games on Android im going to jump ship too. I have been told by people in the know that when Android 3.0 Gingerbread launches in November there will be some 'huge' devices launching alongside it with another huge spec bump like we saw last year ranging from 1.2Ghz to a whopping 2.0Ghz CPU, improved Graphical capabilities and screen resolution, up to 1GB RAM and more devices with front facing cameras. Sounds good to me. :)

Has anyone else downloaded Froyo?

Do you know how to move apps to the SD card? The button in the manage applications settings isn't click able.

Only apps that support it can be moved, not sure that many do at the moment but that should change as FroYo becomes more widespread.

Got it and looking forward to playing round with it and installing a load of apps to the SD card that I can.

Nope, getting the Samsung Galaxy S I reckon. Besides the games, I'm finding I'd rather have Android and the iPhone is a bit shallow apart from games really.

About time you realized how overrated and shallow iphones are

My Galaxy S arrived today! Screen looks huge even though it's only .3 inchs bigger than an iPhone, the colours and screen itself are brilliant, hugely impressed.

Just put an MKV on, plays flawlessly and looks SUPERB! Picture quality is just unbelievable really :D

Surprised at how light the phone is, despite reading about it.

VERY impressed with the phone as a whole, more so than I was with the Nexus One :)

Says you :LOL:

On my SGS I get full strength Edge in my front room, whereas on the iPhone I got 2 bars of GPRS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since updating to Froyo - Ive had my phone off charge since 10am yesterday...it's now 26 hours later and i'm on 55% charge!!!!

Used to last me from morning till night then needed to charge before froyo - now im looking at 2 days without charge - brilliant.

Ive used it a lot too!

BTW Gameboid is a brill app for GBA games!

Back
Top Bottom