HTC Mobile Phones Thread

Was lasting two days with everything switched on - pretty good for a smartphone I thought?

Not now though?

Btw does this update require you to backup everything on the phone and re-install from scratch?

No, it doesn't erase your data.

Advanced Task Killer improves the battery life a lot, its in the Market.

There's people that say task killers actually make the battery worse and you should let Android do its own task management.

Ahh, very nice! I want a phone that does 720p. That's why I was interested in the EVO 4G, and am now very interested in the iPhone 4. You'll have to record some videos and post them here Dags!

Well have to send my Desire off for repair. It came out of the shitty protector i bought it, when I picked it up and hit the side of a coffee table and the inside of the screen has cracked and now I dont have no more touch screen.

Good job I got it insured!

Fine on my girlfriend's Desire, and my Nexus One (same battery) is lasting the same as my iPhone's did as well.

Just in time for the world cup!

My Desire is REALLY fucking me off big time. It's almost like it's heard me talking about getting an iPhone 4 and is having a hissyfit :LOL:. It just keeps randomly dropping signal and internet. Really infuriating. I'm going to go back to a stock ROM and see if that helps. Was going to do that anyway as I'll be selling it next week.

Just managed to get a Desire sim free through O2 for £285 on the simplicity deal, Being as its my first smart phone what are the must have apps i need to get ect?

i'm a newbie here and was wondering how all you feel about the EVO 4G vs. the Apple I Pad...realizing we may be comparing apples to oranges...do you who have the I Pad feel you could be happy with replacing it with the EVO 4G?

Just in time for the world cup!

My Desire is REALLY fucking me off big time. It's almost like it's heard me talking about getting an iPhone 4 and is having a hissyfit :LOL:. It just keeps randomly dropping signal and internet. Really infuriating. I'm going to go back to a stock ROM and see if that helps. Was going to do that anyway as I'll be selling it next week.

Mines the same, I've really had enough of it now.

Every mis-typed word in a text (which take 3x as long to type as they should) makes me go 'grrr' a little louder.

Had mine up for sale for a couple of days now on AVF and think I'm gonna go back to a 3GS for now.

Wow £290 when you can get in brand new through 02 for £285.....

After doing some reading i have seen that there is a rom that has been ported from froyo 2.2 is it worth trying to figure the stuff out for doing that or wait for the official release?

Wow £290 when you can get in brand new through 02 for £285.....

After doing some reading i have seen that there is a rom that has been ported from froyo 2.2 is it worth trying to figure the stuff out for doing that or wait for the official release?

Yea, on contract. Thats like saying you can get an iPhone 4 from Orange for £189.

Desire is around £400 to buy unlocked new.

Google is launching a new tool on Monday that lets anyone create an app for Android phones.

Google App Inventor claims to enable non-coders to develop complete, working Android (Android) apps by connecting a series of “blocks”. Google (Google) has been testing App Inventor in schools for a year, reports the NYTimes. At the time of writing, App Inventor is only available to those who apply via a form.

The concept is a smart one: Not only is the Android Market (Android Market) an open platform for developers (with no approval process, ala the App Store (App Store)), but now we’ll likely see a vast array of specialized apps built by non-developers. This could radically increase the volume of apps in the Market versus the App Store.

The expansion may of course come at the cost of quality: We’ll see thousands of new Android apps, but will they be of a “cookie cutter” nature, offering very little value? There is, however, an upside in the long-term: If App Inventor is so simple that schoolchildren can make apps, some those same children will soon become coders themselves … and perhaps choose to develop Android apps rather than iPhone (iPhone).

Google and Apple are currently in a heated battle to win the hearts and minds of developers. Google, it seems, wants to win over the non-developers too.

VERY interesting ...

I doubt anything substantial can be made from those development tools. Prove me wrong Google.

Back
Top Bottom