Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero 3 Xbox 360, PS3

I've got it for the Wii. I like it, but since I completed easy mode (about 3 weeks ago) and finished 1 song on hard mode, I haven't played it.

Does anyone know where I can get a standalone guitar? The GH3 one isn't even out yet standalone and I can only find the GH2 one on ebay and its ridiculously expensive. ANyone got any ideas?

Activision has revealed plans to base an entire instalment in the Guitar Hero series around popular American beat combo Aerosmith.

It's pencilled in for June and will be available on PS3, 360, Wii and PS2.

To celebrate, the publisher will offering 'Dream On' by Aerosmith on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network this weekend.

"It's cool for us to be pioneers helping to rebuild the music industry through a format like video games," said Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry. "It's great for rock since the record companies are struggling to make sense of how things are changing.

"Fans want to get and experience music in new formats - and there are going to be some of them who will play the game, then pick up the guitar for real and start bands. It's what's happening now, and it's only going to build more momentum in the future. It's a massive change for the music business."

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith will have you playing as guitarists Joe Perry, Brad Whitford and bassist Tom Hamilton. Just like all the other instalments you will go from unknown to rock legend, but this time follow the story of the band and their memories of some stand out venues.

It won't just be Aerosmith music in the game, either, with Activision promising songs from other artists that inspired the ageing US rock band.

Aerosmith has been around for 38 years. The band found mainstream fame with its 1975 album Toys in the Attic. Then there were drugs. Then two members left. Then they came back again. And in 1987 things started to pick up to where we are now: four Grammy awards and ten Video Music Awards.

"Any band that can go from 'Don't Want to Miss A Thing' to the ass-kicking 'Sweet Emotion' to the cheekiness of 'Love in an Elevator' to the classic ballad 'Dream On' shows why Activision chose us to headline this game based on the diversity of the Aerosmith catalogue," said rubber-lipped singer Steve Tyler, living it up whilst going down.

"Not only is songwriting a bitch, but then it goes and has puppies."

Thrash your way to our Guitar Hero: Aerosmith gallery for the first and rather lonely screenshot.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=92845

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you own Guitar Hero III, grab Dream On by Aerosmith for free this weekend from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. The download will be free until Monday night at 0200 PT.

Here are the dash details:
Content: Dream On by Aerosmith
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] As Re-Recorded by Aerosmith for the upcoming Guitar Hero Aerosmith game, rock out to this famous anthem. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Hack automates Guitar Hero, for times when a fake guitar isn't fake enough

Posted Feb 26th 2008 11:11PM by Donald Melanson
Filed under: Gaming
This hack is neither cheap nor easy, but if for some reason you just have to pull off a feat of Guitar Hero virtuosity but lack the necessary skill, the folks at SYSTM have now provided details on how to automate the controller so you never miss a note. At the heart of the hack is a so-called "show control system," which runs a hefty $210 but will let you program all the necessary strums and button presses with some seemingly not to difficult to use software. Of course, there's also the little matter of cracking open the guitar and wiring everything up, but we're guessing that won't be much of a problem for anyone actually still considering the hack. If that includes you, you can get the complete rundown in video form at the link below.

-------------------------------------------------

Why bother? I hate cheating anyway using Action Replay's and other software systems but to actually go to the bother of mofiying hardware?! You know loads of people will do it just to get all of the achievement points on the GH games :roll:

Hack automates Guitar Hero, for times when a fake guitar isn't fake enough

Posted Feb 26th 2008 11:11PM by Donald Melanson
Filed under: Gaming
This hack is neither cheap nor easy, but if for some reason you just have to pull off a feat of Guitar Hero virtuosity but lack the necessary skill, the folks at SYSTM have now provided details on how to automate the controller so you never miss a note. At the heart of the hack is a so-called "show control system," which runs a hefty $210 but will let you program all the necessary strums and button presses with some seemingly not to difficult to use software. Of course, there's also the little matter of cracking open the guitar and wiring everything up, but we're guessing that won't be much of a problem for anyone actually still considering the hack. If that includes you, you can get the complete rundown in video form at the link below.

-------------------------------------------------

Why bother? I hate cheating anyway using Action Replay's and other software systems but to actually go to the bother of mofiying hardware?! You know loads of people will do it just to get all of the achievement points on the GH games :roll:

Thats just rendered that game unplayable/trustworthy then - nice one...

Hopefully Activision/Red Octane (whoever!) can release a patch to combat it?

I hate customs like that where they go over board and throw in a million and 1 notes at a tough bit - or they'll purposely go up to orange from green and back for no reason at all.

From about 30 customs ive downloaded and played only about 10 of them were actually fun, and were made well enough so the difficulties were accurate and still fun.

The Darkness custom is my fave - its piss easy to hit every note even on the hardest difficulty - but still great fun

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rwWKJrejOBg

I think I'm going to buy the guitar from somewhere and then rent this from Tesco :))

I'm gonna rock out with my cock out :ROCK:

(Sorry grim - I won't be posting a video ;)))

You're younger than me aren't you? Word of advice, I can't stand 80% of the songs. It's all 70s/80s stuff, apart from the odd one, and I can't stand all that crap (no offence to anybody who loves it). I was desperate to play it and after a couple of days I'd lost motivation, nobody wants to play a song they hate.

I did wonder that JB, yeah. I just want to play Ruby by the Kaiser Chiefs though! :-pp

I appreciate what you're saying mate, and is why I'm going to rent it from Tesco rather than buy it outright. And like Dags says, I can pick up a guitar from somewhere and then sell it on eBay if I decide this game ain't for me.

You could also get the tracklist, then go on Youtube and listen to the tracks to see if you fancy playing them. Though I imagine some sound crap just hearing them, playing them adds something and it can make songs grow on you :)

Guitar Hero III's Dropkick Murphys Track Pack has arrived on Xbox Live just in time to celebrate St. Patrick's Day 2008. Best of all, it's absolutely free.

Second best of all, it consists of the songs "Famous for Nothing", "Flannigan's Ball", "Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya". Third best of all, we can tell you it's 49MB, because we went into the games room and checked.

Sadly, there is no fourth best of all, because neither Sony nor Activision were around to tell us whether the Track Pack will form part of this afternoon's PlayStation Network update.

Previous Track Packs for Guitar Hero III have focused on bands like No Doubt, Velvet Revolver and Foo Fighters. Our previous St. Patrick's Days have all ended in vomiting and shame.

It's been out for a while hasn't it? I remember seeing it on Major Nelson's website a few weeks ago.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/02/28/guitar-hero-iii-no-doubt-track-pack.aspx

Content: No Doubt Track Pack
Price: 500 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] “Don't Speak”, “Excuse Me Mr”, “Sunday Morning” as performed by No Doubt. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

I've got the Foo Fighters and Velvet Revolver packs but dont remember seeing a No Doubt one! Will probably purchase it this week.

Just got GH2 and have to say its the most fun i have had on a computer game

this and the Wii really get you involved in the games and i salute the people who came up with the ideas for em

Just got GH2 and have to say its the most fun i have had on a computer game

this and the Wii really get you involved in the games and i salute the people who came up with the ideas for em

The only progression for you now is Rock Band... makes Guitar Hero and Singstar look like gimmicks!

After saying i wouldnt ever buy it becuase its like a kids toy i will have to eat my words and i will now be buying it :))

Welcome to last week, have a look HERE. There's even some videos to laugh at - it looks ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom