Guitar Hero Thread

Re: Guitar Hero 3 Xbox 360, PS3

There is. It was released yesterday in the States and it's coming out 23rd in Europe like the console versions.

I was just about to order from Gamestop.com when I saw this:

Sub-Total: $79.99
Handling (No additional shipping fee): $64.99
Tax: $0.00
TOTAL: $144.98

If that's the only store shipping to Slovenia I'll just have to wait. :(

You can use the GHII guitar on the PC anyway. So buy a guitar from eBay or something, and just import the GHIII game alone.

Well, Gamestop only ships game + guitar for the PC. And that's the only site I found so far that ships outside the USA.

eBay ;) USA eBay or even your own eBay but there will be people on eBay shipping it.

Anyone playing this yet? ShopTo unfortunately didn't get the stock they were promised so I ended up pre-ordering from Game today. Fortunately they're right near my work so it be easy for me to pick up tomorrow. GH2 I think has been the game I've most played this year.

Yeah i gotta go and try to find it tomorrow now because of them i've had it on order for months as well.

It looks great but I just can't justify £60 when A) I've still got the PS2 and the PS2 guitar, I might as well get it for that, and B) Rock Band is out in 3/4 months.

Very jealous of you all though.

ive had it on the ps2 for a while and it was great fun but its not kept me interested really for longer than a few days.

GH2 had me hooked every day for months - but there's something lacking with this i felt - sometimes i get an urge to have a quick game - but once ive loaded it up and played the song i had in my head i'll turn it off and put something else in.

I think rock band should fill that bore factor hole as it offers more than just the same old stuff. Maybe that's why this game didn't blow me away?

You sure it is? My red button was playing up (pressing it wouldn't do anything) but I unplugged the head of the guitar and blew on the 'chip' that connects to the strum part and its worked perfect ever since

Picked this up last night in Sainsburys for 52 quid, they have 20% off all chart games, dvd's and cd's atm, so for that money I thought why not seeing its 75 quid in Game. Even though I'm useless tis great fun, though I think the PS2 guitar is still the best, wires and all!

Should have the solus version delivered tomorrow :)

How do you guys strum? I just strum down but apparantly Rock Band is easier to play when strumming up and down, something I've never tried.

I cant strum up and down with the GH guitars - the strum part doesn't feel loose enough to strum like that so i end up having to pinch it between my fingers and wiggle it up/down which feels crap and its hard to get a rhythm going.

So i tend to just whack down on it with my thumb as fast as possible - although with some of the faster noted tracks the only way ive been able to pass them is by pinching the strum and just wiggling it up and down like a turbo bastard.

Takes a lot of the fun and skill away from the game for me though which is why ive not been back to it for ages.

If that's how RB plays then i might end up passing on it (if they ever get their heads out of their arses and give us a UK release)

I've always played GH games like a real guitar - i.e. I put my finger and thumb together like holding a plectrum and strum down mostly (with my finger nail hitting the strum bar), or Up/Down during fast sections.

RB is even better for this as the strum bar is 'loose' and not a microswitch like the GH ones - you can almost play the RB guitar like a real guitar with big sweeping motions - feels more like a guitar than ever.

For authenticity, if I play bass, I flick my thumb at the strum bar or flick up with my index finger to strum 'up'... sad i know!

Can I take off the click of the strumbar on the wired guitar?

have been trying to work out for the last few days if i get more points for using the whammy bar on long notes in GH3 (360) - can anyone confirm this, or is the whammy bar there purely to change the tone of the note and no more?

I'm 90% sure it only gives you more points when it's a star power long note, not a normal long note.

You do not get more points for using the whammy bar, it only helps if the long notes are star notes in which case it will increase the rate at which you gain star power.

You do not get more points for using the whammy bar, it only helps if the long notes are star notes in which case it will increase the rate at which you gain star power.

Ah, I thought it was normal notes too! So many times I've messed up a song because I've tried using the whammy bar ... now I know :)

Back
Top Bottom