GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

Damn G-Man, you say PS3 stock levels 'low' - if anywhere has it, why not get it and just return the 365 one when it turns up?

Financial reasons, Trying to save money wherever possible these days and paying upto £15 less for my copy of GTA would be a good start!

from reading this website i now have the impression that a royal mail postman is the most hated man in all of britania

i tip my postman every christmas about $50.... he is a real nice guy, i guess im lucky

from reading this website i now have the impression that a royal mail postman is the most hated man in all of britania

i tip my postman every christmas about $50.... he is a real nice guy, i guess im lucky

Thats because you bribe him ;))

Mine is quite clearly a tosser, he delivered my mates game who lives 5 doors down, but not mine. We ordered it from the same place, and I ordered mine a day earlier, fucking postmen wankers.

Nah, seriously though, I had my copy of gta at 12.30am, booted up the game,and spent about 90% of my three hour stint watching the tv channels,lol.

Cue Midget jokes...

Just hours after the game's release, Kotaku reported that several PS3 and Xbox 360 owners had complained of the game freezing during the initial cut-scene, rendering it unplayable[109]. While Rockstar has not yet commented officially, they are apparently aware of the problem but have yet to determine its cause.

-

Anyone had this?

Just hours after the game's release, Kotaku reported that several PS3 and Xbox 360 owners had complained of the game freezing during the initial cut-scene, rendering it unplayable[109]. While Rockstar has not yet commented officially, they are apparently aware of the problem but have yet to determine its cause.

-

Anyone had this?

I had a complete crash about 30mins ago - trying to get from single to multiplayer

Is anyone else having problems with the online?

All last night the phone kept saying "Cannot connect to game service" or something, then this morning, I did eventually get on - but after waiting in the lobby, I got booted 3 times with the message "you have lost connection to one of the players" or something.

Spose its to be expected with the servers being hit - just I've not seen anyone else mention it?

Is anyone else having problems with the online?

All last night the phone kept saying "Cannot connect to game service" or something, then this morning, I did eventually get on - but after waiting in the lobby, I got booted 3 times with the message "you have lost connection to one of the players" or something.

Spose its to be expected with the servers being hit - just I've not seen anyone else mention it?
LOL i was just about to post the exact same thing has you. i am having this problem too and can only seem to connect to free roaming games :S

LOL i was just about to post the exact same thing has you. i am having this problem too and can only seem to connect to free roaming games :S

Only thing I can think of (and havent had time to really test), is if you dont 'ready up' before the game starts, then you get booted...

Anyway, R* will hopefully patch some of these little things soon...

how can i ready up when all i hear is voices of people talking in the game and just a blank black screen with the loading message at the bottom right hand corner :(

how can i ready up when all i hear is voices of people talking in the game and just a blank black screen with the loading message at the bottom right hand corner :(

Ahh... never had that. It either doesnt show the MP options on the phone, or loads into the lobby (and then boots).

I'd say the most annoying thing about this game is the boot back to single player - loading the last saved checkpoint and dumping you back in the room. Not exactly as 'seemless' as was made out.

Still, I'm nitpicking! :)

Hopefully it's just teething problems - the PS3 servers have been down since about yesterday afternoon - gives me time to continue the SP story i guess... im no where in at the moment!

When nobody answers their phones (i.e. goes to voice mail) and you cannot get missions, what do you do?

Only so many pool, bowling, darts, drinking, whore-banging you can do...

Are their secret missions like in the old GTA (i.e. if you stole a certain car, it triggered a mission) ?

Errr... maybe the games waiting for you to do something like that yeah

All i can think of is maybe it wants you to earn a certain amount of money doing side missions or improve your look and then it will say 'hey you look great, sarah now wants a word with you... meet her here'

Or maybe there are some hidden people out there waiting for you to stumble into the start a mission like an extra GF or like the guy i bumped into who handed me a $100 and then walked off

?

Errr... maybe the games waiting for you to do something like that yeah

All i can think of is maybe it wants you to earn a certain amount of money doing side missions or improve your look and then it will say 'hey you look great, sarah now wants a word with you... meet her here'

Or maybe there are some hidden people out there waiting for you to stumble into the start a mission like an extra GF or like the guy i bumped into who handed me a $100 and then walked off

?

Hmmmm... maybe I'll hit the TW@ cafe and see if I can find anything on the net..

When nobody answers their phones (i.e. goes to voice mail) and you cannot get missions, what do you do?

Only so many pool, bowling, darts, drinking, whore-banging you can do...

Are their secret missions like in the old GTA (i.e. if you stole a certain car, it triggered a mission) ?

Do side missions for Little Jacob, Brucie or Roman

Do side missions for Little Jacob, Brucie or Roman

Thats what I meant, I was calling them, but they all went to voicemail (who's Brucie :LOL:), so couldnt do a mission for them.

Hmmm... can you just visit them to do a mission, rather than calling?

Loving Little Jacobs voicemail :D

Hmmm....anyone object to me saying that I haven't exactly fallen in love with this game so far?

I played for just over 4 hours last night and couldn't help but feel a little bored.

The in-car camera angles are really annoying me and the fighting is just as clumsy as ever.

On the plus side, the graphics/lighting are/is excellent and the little touches such as umbrellas when it rains are cool.

I hope this grows on me otherwise it's a huge disappointment.....

Hmmm....anyone object to me saying that I haven't exactly fallen in love with this game so far?

I played for just over 4 hours last night and couldn't help but feel a little bored.

The in-car camera angles are really annoying me and the fighting is just as clumsy as ever.

On the plus side, the graphics/lighting are/is excellent and the little touches such as umbrellas when it rains are cool.

To be honest I still find myself not doing the missions like in previous GTA's. But the city is fantastic and I am loving it.

and multiplayer on its own makes the game FANTASTIC!!!

and the races :))

Paul its becuase your going to "call" not "Job"

if you go to call it will go to voicemail, Jobs can be done anytime

Think it is a 'grower' - look at Coopz when he first got it - was dissapointed (7/10 IIRC) and then after a few days, he loved it.

The fighting is awful you are right there, so I just try to avoid hand-to-hand, or just gun people down now.

There is too much good stuff in this game to focus on the bad points (jaggy edges, low-level GFX, clumsy hand-to-hand etc) - in a game of this scale, you cannot get everything 100% spot on.

Keep that in mind and it should help ease some of the failings.

The game as a whole should hook you in hopefully. The script, voice acting and story so far are beyond anything i've witnessed in a game - and so much attention to detail in the whole game.

Back
Top Bottom