GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

I love the way all the cars handle so differently! Damn work today, might have to take day off. The 360 is winking at me right now.

Guys, we should have a "GTA IV Clan Section" or something for the online modes.

Do you like it Jack? I can't believe I heard moans about this game - it's fecking BRILLIANT and I usually think GTA games are "good" not "wow"!
Only played it for half an hour, the missus will be arriving shortly and she's told me not to play it (fat chance) so that she can "watch it like a film" and I won't know everything that's going to happen.

From what I've seen it's brilliant though. Bearing in mind this is the non-spoiler thread I'll spoiler the following, do not click if you don't want to know about the gameplay.

The little touches are what make it so good, the cars all handling different is just brilliant. First thing I did when I got the phone was fiddle with the ringtones, and "pager" is the theme from GTA1! :lol:

You can't help but love it. If you don't, I really, really don't understand you; but you have to at least credit the amount of work that's gone into it. It makes every other game on next-gen consoles look rushed.

Guys, we should have a "GTA IV Clan Section" or something for the online modes.

GTA IV ONLINE XBOX 360 THREAD - GTA IV ONLINE PS3 THREAD

Last edited:
Screenshots comparatif 400% PS3/360

EDIT by LemonJelly: Pointless screenshots removed!!! Stop with the comparisons already, nobody gives a shit.

LOL
It's just for show the anti-aliasing on the both, if you can't understand that...

kill the censure

this part of Evo-Web look like Fox News :sick:

Another launch story

Went to my gamestation for the launch

I previously have been there for the 360 launch, halo3 and a few other games and never have i seen more than 10 people queuing

So i got there at 10 to midnight and there was about 30 people queuing!

Time dragged and they opened the doors at 00:01 and i looked around and there must have been easily 200+ people behind me... the queue went on and on and on!

When i got in they had shit loads of 360 copies - maybe 8 boxes full and about 3 boxes of ps3's - by the time i got in paid and got out they were telling the queue that if they were after the ps3 version they were running low so sorry!

Most of the people were pond life scum - a group of useless bastards were drinking and shouting in the queue and ended up throwing their cans around and fighting at one point - then we had some nutters walking around with these giant horses like dogs - BUT THEY WEREN'T EVEN THERE FOR THE LAUNCH! they were just walking around for fun at half midnight!

There were also a lot of dads with their 7yr old sons in the queue which i found a little weird - especially as the kid in front of me was laughing like some psycho about how hes been dreaming about this game and he had a cool dream where he was raping this hooker and then he chopped her head off!

fucked up little bastard

Holy shit!

Sounds like my town is quite sane really compared to some of the stories I'm hearing!!! :LOL:

Another launch story

Went to my gamestation for the launch

I previously have been there for the 360 launch, halo3 and a few other games and never have i seen more than 10 people queuing

So i got there at 10 to midnight and there was about 30 people queuing!

Time dragged and they opened the doors at 00:01 and i looked around and there must have been easily 200+ people behind me... the queue went on and on and on!

When i got in they had shit loads of 360 copies - maybe 8 boxes full and about 3 boxes of ps3's - by the time i got in paid and got out they were telling the queue that if they were after the ps3 version they were running low so sorry!

Most of the people were pond life scum - a group of useless bastards were drinking and shouting in the queue and ended up throwing their cans around and fighting at one point - then we had some nutters walking around with these giant horses like dogs - BUT THEY WEREN'T EVEN THERE FOR THE LAUNCH! they were just walking around for fun at half midnight!

There were also a lot of dads with their 7yr old sons in the queue which i found a little weird - especially as the kid in front of me was laughing like some psycho about how hes been dreaming about this game and he had a cool dream where he was raping this hooker and then he chopped her head off!

fucked up little bastard

Yeah the area where I got mine - Wood Green isn't the safest area to say the least (Especially at 12:30 at night!!) and there were lots of Rude boys hanging around in the side streets. Obviously looking for some easy target to Rob and get the game.

Its lucky I'm a double Hard bastard and they left me alone :DD

I remember Wood Green on a Saturday (Cinema) night, we would steer clear of those wannabes and head for the bus stop with the most lights.

Memories :LOL:

First in the queue at Asda got there at 9pm I was sad enough to lose my dignity, there were 550 people there.

I GOT MY COPY :DD

I feel for the poor 350 that didbt get a copy!!

Can you even buy this game if you have not pre-order'd? I am in that boat and all my nates are telling me they have been turned away from just about every store imaginable

Can you even buy this game if you have not pre-order'd? I am in that boat and all my nates are telling me they have been turned away from just about every store imaginable

I bought this game last night at a Gamestation store (I didn't pre order) and I think most people had not Pre Ordered and there were lots of copies.

Have a look in Woolworths - I reckon they will have copies?

I bought this game last night at a Gamestation store (I didn't pre order) and I think most people had not Pre Ordered and there were lots of copies.

Have a look in Woolworths - I reckon they will have copies?

Cheers mate

Don't forget the land of magazines WH Smith.

My Dad's just walked into HMV Speke, Liverpool, and walked out with a copy no problems. Loads of 360 versions but sold out of PS3 versions.

Strange??

Mine was £37.00 in Asda last night.

EDIT Zavvi also have tonnes of 360 copies but no PS3 copies!! Grr If i would have known!!

i had a used version of euro 08, and i took it back to woolies and said it gives disc errors and its a new console and other games are fine

i then continued to show him the defect on the disc that was not really there, which he then confirmed with his mannager what to do

she said test swap it for the same game

lo and behold there wasn't any in stock, he was puzzled in what to do next, i made his job easier for him and said i can swap for a diff game if that makes things easier

you got gta4?

we have, ok i will have that then

so i got euro 08 used swapped for gta4 brand new..

euro 08 cost me £39.99, so good result really

loads in stock in woolies round here

Been round my local town centre lunchtime (Southend) and had a look in Zavvi, Game, HMV and Gamestation.

Same pattern in every shop I visited, PS3 stock levels either low or sold out. XBOX360 copies readily available everywhere.

My order from 365Games not yet even posted according to their site so starting to weigh up my options as still a bit worried about the prospect of whether I will be able to play online against my UK buddies.

Been round my local town centre lunchtime (Southend) and had a look in Zavvi, Game, HMV and Gamestation.

Same pattern in every shop I visited, PS3 stock levels either low or sold out. XBOX360 copies readily available everywhere.

My order from 365Games not yet even posted according to their site so starting to weigh up my options as still a bit worried about the prospect of whether I will be able to play online against my UK buddies.

Damn G-Man, you say PS3 stock levels 'low' - if anywhere has it, why not get it and just return the 365 one when it turns up?

£49.99 in gamestation ... pricey ... but i got my copy before they sold out and its going to be worth every penny

i had a used version of euro 08, and i took it back to woolies and said it gives disc errors and its a new console and other games are fine

i then continued to show him the defect on the disc that was not really there, which he then confirmed with his mannager what to do

she said test swap it for the same game

lo and behold there wasn't any in stock, he was puzzled in what to do next, i made his job easier for him and said i can swap for a diff game if that makes things easier

you got gta4?

we have, ok i will have that then

so i got euro 08 used swapped for gta4 brand new..

euro 08 cost me £39.99, so good result really

loads in stock in woolies round here

wait so bitter, your not gonna play euro any more?

Unbelievable

Just picked the game up off my doorstep

god knows how long its been sitting there becuase the twat of a postman didnt knock, any fucker could have half inched that

wait till i see him tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom