GTA IV - NON-SPOILER THREAD

Screenshots comparatif 400% PS3/360

EDIT by LemonJelly: Pointless screenshots removed!!! Stop with the comparisons already, nobody gives a shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
That IS pathetic - even I'd admit it!

Anyway, got it from ASDA last night at 12:25 - it was fucking rammed as well - very surprised....

Anyway, off to get some more games in before work :)

Screenshots comparatif 400% PS3/360

EDIT by LemonJelly: Screens removed.
LOL that's an all time low even for you Thomas. Yes let'a all play GTA 4 blown up 4 times. LMFAO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is ThomasGOAL a real person or just an anti-360 robot? :lol:

Bought this from Tesco last night - the queue was fucking huge but I was at the front! They only had 45 copies of it too. I'm glad I cancelled my Shop-To order a few weeks ago as a few mates of mine who ordered it from there didn't receive it today and their postman has already been.

LOVE this game. Absolutley fucking love it. The cars handling is SPOT-ON, the action intense at times, humour is brilliant yet the game has a darker feeling compared to others.

Thanks Rockstar, this is a gem!

Last edited:
400%, LMAO

@ Kev, no Digmoor (and what a dump that is) Have no idea where inglewhite is. My reference points are my nans, the top shops and the conni :lol:

Reserved the last copy and picked it up from ASDA at about 5 past midnight :DD. There was a que of about 25 people, and they were doing reservations only and turned some people away! Madness...

I'd say it was 90/10 split in favour of the PS3 version last night - which I was very surprised at to be honest.

I thought I was the only PS3 owner in Grantham! :LOL:

At the checkout, the 360 box had barely been touched, but the PS3 versions were almost all gone.

I feel fucking shite this morning, so tired :(

Those who queued at various places last night, what were the spread of people like? Where I was, I'd say it was:-

<10% under 18 (with parents :LOL:)
~20% 18-30
>70% 30+ (I didnt feel so bad!)

So was very interesting to see lots more PS3 owners - AND lots of mature gamers.

Even if the air STANK of Geek!!!!

I got to ASDA at 10 PM and I was 2nd in queue.

they had 20 PS3 copy's and 80 360 copy's.

150 people showed up.

It was manic they had a ticket system going on, and somebody offered me a 100 notes for my spot in the queue at 11.55.

Well it's past 9am. So much for my HMV "Special Delivery 9am" order (bear in mind I didn't pay for that, it's something they forced to make "absolutely sure you're playing the game on release day". The tracking number still says it's "yet to reach a mail centre".

Time to call my solicitor.

Unhappy-cry2.gif

EDIT: Bwahaha, he may have come 20 minutes late but I love him.

I HAVE GTAAAAAAAAAA.

Last edited:
I'm glad I cancelled my Shop-To order a few weeks ago as a few mates of mine who ordered it from there didn't receive it today and their postman has already been.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Well it's past 9am. So much for my HMV "Special Delivery 9am" order (bear in mind I didn't pay for that, it's something they forced to make "absolutely sure you're playing the game on release day". The tracking number still says it's "yet to reach a mail centre".

Time to call my solicitor.

Unhappy-cry2.gif

EDIT: Bwahaha, he may have come 20 minutes late but I love him.

I HAVE GTAAAAAAAAAA.

Wahoooooo!

I picked up my (unreserved) copy up from Game in Bootle just 20 minutes ago - plenty of stock behind the counter.

Saying that I started the queue in 20th position and as I was getting served there were about 20 people behind me too so perhaps leaving it too later would have been dangerous.

As for the interesting discussion on types of people - I was the only one wearing a suit today, a couple of school kids with their mums, a few mid-20's women and the rest (majority) were mid-20's lads.

Got to my local "Super-ASDA-Walmart" for 10.45pm last night, was 12th in the queue. By the time I left at 12.10am there was at least 250 people, seriously. I couldn't find the end of the queue.

Got to sleep around 6am this morning, feel shite do I?

The spread for my queue? The VAST majority were scallys. A lot just turned 18, some were 17 and had parents there with them. VERY few mature gamers, I was probably one of the oldest there at 28.

The spread for my queue? The VAST majority were scallys. A lot just turned 18, some were 17 and had parents there with them. VERY few mature gamers, I was probably one of the oldest there at 28.

Interesting!

My 2 pre-order copies have just arrived... I've now got more copies of GTA in my house than most shops!!!! :LOL:

And your address is?

Mr T.Esco,
110 T....

I put a message up on AVF yesterday in the classifieds explaining I'd have some extra copies and although the thread got removed within 60 seconds, I had a load of people PM me.

I've sold both copies (only at retail price)!

I've got 2 copies too - one is for my brother though who is "summing up whether he wants it or not." It's going straight on Ebay if he doesn't! I had to get the missus to buy one and I bought the other, it was "one per customer" in Tesco last night.

Also, they opened the box and only had SEVEN Xbox 360 versions yet 40 for the PS3.

Last edited:
I got to ASDA in Southgate for 12 last night. The cue was at least 5 people thick and was huge!!! I would say at least 150 people. Someone said they only had 50 copies so I waited 5mins and left.

On my way there I saw a Gamestation in Wood Green and a big cue. So I went back there and the cue went right down. I waited about 15mins and got the game - They had loads of copies! As a games shop should have.

Did anyone else get another empty slim DVD case with their's?! Hopefully you did - otherwise I have a CD missing :DD

Do you like it Jack? I can't believe I heard moans about this game - it's fecking BRILLIANT and I usually think GTA games are "good" not "wow"!

Back
Top Bottom