Gran Turismo 5

Re: Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

Let him do it. As I worked out it will only make him stand out as being a fanboy. I like all 3 machines and own all 3. I might like 2 of them more than the other "Expensive" one but Im not going to slag off one machine and say generally favourable things about the other 2.

FFS let this go. If DJ states he intends to act differntly then let him to that, stop baiting him.

The Forza Dev's are probably thinking "Lets set a couple of years aside and focus on presentation this time around" As they have got the physics and damage to a tee. If this game continues to show promise, has decent driving model and physics then I may well be tempted seeing as I am a bit of a graphics whore :)

Forza's physics, and especially the damage are certainly not done to a tee

In what way Matherto? collisions and crashes work well. The handling model is excellent and is tonnes better than GT4's. It actually feels like your driving a car when you use a Force Feedback wheel. Forza's physics are light years ahead of GT's.

In what way Matherto? collisions and crashes work well. The handling model is excellent and is tonnes better than GT4's. It actually feels like your driving a car when you use a Force Feedback wheel. Forza's physics are light years ahead of GT's.

The handling is decent, but it's not the best I've ever played, it doesn't feel much different to GT:HD, whether thats a compliment to GT:HD or not, I don't know, but it's nowhere near as good as everyone hypes it up to be.

And the damage just isn't good at all, the damage is either too much for a small collision, or exactly the same and therefore not enough for a huge one, and the graphics don't help the damage at all.

All I will say Matherto is at least Turn 10 is making an effort.

Well its been the same game basically since GT2... so if thats Polyphony trying to improve their game (other than the Graphics which always look good) then Id hate to see them making a cock up of it!

Agree totally.
It feels like i bought the same game 4 times,
but seeing the videos, and the screenshot of the in car view
i have high hopes,
although if i hear the AI is the same Polyphony can go an fuck themselves.

u have a point but i was talking about GT5. cause so far from the way things SOUND it seems like they are trying.
i will be very disappointed if things are the same... :(

rumour has it that GT5 is gonna have 10,000 cars!

10,000.... yeah mate! I highly doubt that. If it takes them ages to model one car then it will take years to complete the game... so if they have 10,000 cars the game wont be coming out next year :) Some rumours really are so far fetched its untrue!

i've just seen that it untrue, it was fun while it lasted.

I reckon 1000 cars wont be too short of the mark, especially as GT4 had 750 odd.

i'd agree with that.

Wont it be less though? Didnt gt2 have something like 500 but gt3 had nearer the 250? Or something like that. So far in each generation the first release has had far less cars then the second release of its generation (console). And with the amount of time its taking them surely that would be more likely then having more then gt4?

tik good comparison, you might well be right but GT5 has been in development for ages so I think it will end up being 1000.

1000 cars but apparently only 350 will be on the disk, the rest will be downloadable.

hmm not a great return for those people that dont have the net and just want to play the game offline! Nice 1 PolyPhony!

Changed man?

This game, the graphics from the pictures ive seen, look real, most of them do anyway, gotta buy it, hopefully gameplay is goood :D

This game, the graphics from the pictures ive seen, look real, most of them do anyway, gotta buy it, hopefully gameplay is goood :D

Seraphs, this is not directly aimed at you but your post is indicative of gaming these days.

I find it extremely depressing that gameplay is a secondary issue behind whether a game actually looks good. I remember when people used to look at shiny graphics and say "It looks good but I will reserve judgement until we see some gameplay". Because graphics are in general extremely good these days, it seems people are willing to trade off gameplay vs having 4xAA enabled.

Previous incarnations of GT have been direct clones from the first game, certainly the driving model has hardly changed and it wasn't that good to start with. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this will be any different. However, because the grass blows/moves as a car drives past it people will buy it in millions even if fundamentally nothing will have moved on.

This isn't a direct rant about GT, it is more about the industry overall at the moment.

Last edited:

Big round of applause for LJ, this is the best post ive read about GT. Ive stated a few times the driving model is the same as GT2 and whilst this was ok in 1999 this is 2007!

some nice info in that list.

DJ, you're missing the joke... Look at what you were quoted as saying...

Back
Top Bottom