[FULL GAME] PES 2008 OUT...

This game is awesome! the only problem i have is the game dont save mysettings, i have to load them everytime i enter in the game!!!
I hope a patch comes out soon!!!!

damm realy? is there anything good about this game? who wants my copy of pro evo when it arrives?

Just to add one more. I don't like it either. Been playing it from PES3. Only good thing I think is commentary. But how long will that last...

Overall: disappointing.

I'm having to buy a new gamepad because PES2008 doesn't like my PS2 gamepad converter i bought. Grrr why couldn't they have kept the old PC controls setup from PES6

Stop moaning. this is a much improved game than pes6.
The only significant drawback is the lack of 2v2 online which for me at least, is ok cause I have too much lag on 2v2 in pes6.

really? and what has been improved so much?
gameplay maybe? now you can play with one hand only, coz all you need is to RUN!
they simply added few animations and thats all.

Be patient. The creator of PES2008 said in an interview that this is the last pes with the old engine. The couldn't do more stuff cause there are only 10 people behind the PES project, but next version will be real NEXTGEN.

i really pity them. 10 ppl working on game that sales in few million copies every year, bringing them LOADS of money. someone has to be extremely stupid out there...
but you know, it's my money too. i don't need their excuses. they not makin good game - i'm not payin for it.
i'll wait to the next year as you say. along with my money.

I think PES6 was almost the same with PES5... PES2008 at least has some very good graphical improvements.

except i lay my d*ck on those graphical 'improvements' which made this game full of slowdowns - propably to fit it with lack of online servers, like last year, so you got shutters on both on- and off-line.

really? and what has been improved so much?
gameplay maybe? now you can play with one hand only, coz all you need is to RUN!
they simply added few animations and thats all.

i really pity them. 10 ppl working on game that sales in few million copies every year, bringing them LOADS of money. someone has to be extremely stupid out there...
but you know, it's my money too. i don't need their excuses. they not makin good game - i'm not payin for it.
i'll wait to the next year as you say. along with my money.

except i lay my d*ck on those graphical 'improvements' which made this game full of slowdowns - propably to fit it with lack of online servers, like last year, so you got shutters on both on- and off-line.

no point arguing with the fanboys, they will always love pro evo no matter how bad it is. thats fanboys for ya :)

somewhere (i think its was in an interview with seabass) i read that there is gonna be a "world tour mode". maybe im too blind but i cant find it... i was really lookin forward to that. its like good old scenario mode in snes international superstar soccer deluxe :P

Just to add one more. I don't like it either. Been playing it from PES3. Only good thing I think is commentary. But how long will that last...

Overall: disappointing.

i sign that also... no fantastista mode like in J-League.. NO changing camera angle, way to easy to score a goal... even there in game is my favourite team red star Belgrade i will have to think twice to play this game.. really disappointing.
I just dont see reason why there is no fantastista mode, couse i like it a lot in J-league version on PS-2. So many expetations, but there is so litlle things better than PES6 :(

This game is awesome! the only problem i have is the game dont save mysettings, i have to load them everytime i enter in the game!!!
I hope a patch comes out soon!!!!
same stuff with me .It's frustrating.And also i tried replacing the option file with the fixed Premiership names and emblems - nothing happend.It's like i hadn't replaced it at all.Everything was the same.None of the settings too - camera/pitch/ etc....Master league saves normally though....anyone ?

Also, you can go to controller settings and control only one player on the team, think its fixed instead of semi auto cursor change

no point arguing with the fanboys, they will always love pro evo no matter how bad it is. thats fanboys for ya :)

no point in arguing with anyone, i guess... i've just overreacted reading nonsenses. my bad ;)

anyway, jonney, i've noticed you're all the way up to fifa, so i gotta tell you i have tried it (on pc) and i thought: it's not too bad (specially after this year pes), but there was one two things i couldn't bare with:

no smooth screen scrolling - eyes starting to give pain after some time

and more important to me - couldn't set up my controller for good. before every match i had to go to options and change type of controlling to pes-style because fifa cant get it to remember which one i choose.

but it's good game. i was surprised playing it after seven years or so.

regards

Come on guys! the game is great! it's much better than the Demo version... i know it need a powerful video card but we are in the 2008 now... it's for sure less than to buy a XBOB360... :D

but nobody know why i need a gamepad connected to my computer in order to load option file.. =S

and i cant save my language game in-text! why ?!

I'm wondering whether you also have the same opinion / disappointment?

Please some hardcore PES addicts, what do you mean ?

This game is not challenging at all, not balanced at all, it's a huge disappointment :(

Can it be, that the AI is not functioning well, because of my shit PC conf. It nearly meets the recommended settings. 1 G RAM, AMD Athlon 2200+, 7300GT DDR3 Mem only 128 Mbyte.. by the way, why do we need 256 Mbyte Video Ram for high settings?

Let me decide, what I want to see. Not to mention, that the demo ran better with high settings (using Kitserver), than medium.

Konami is a joke..

I know it's a shit, but It should run it smoothly in medium, at least taking into consideration the recommended settings. But it runs like shit and looks also shit. And

I was waiting for it since summer, ordered the fucking guide, and now I have this unbalanced shit. And the fucking reviews claiming the game play is perfect. What the fuck did they see? I'm not even a PES veteran. I started wit PES6 this spring and I can win all the games, I can't enjoy scoring. Teamvision my ASS!

worse than the demo really - more slow downs, worse graphic, stupid defense, stupid keepers, I'm playing on top player like always, but I've scored lots of goals carrying the ball 70 m long or so through the best defenses (like Milan and other Top Teams) and scored. OK I played Barca, and scored the goals with Ronnie D, Eto, Messi, but anyway these guys are also not so almighty

I'm still hoping, but I think that the best football game is still PES 6, for me, and remains till PES 2009 or FIFA 09.

I hope EA buys Seabass (engine is also enough) fire the stupid canadians and start to develop a game in Europe.

It's funny, that the two best football games are developed by Japaneses and Canadians. Two of the mightiest football countries.. :)

Please some hardcore PES addicts, what do you mean ?

This game is not challenging at all, not balanced at all, it's a huge disappointment :(

Can it be, that the AI is not functioning well, because of my shit PC conf. It nearly meets the recommended settings. 1 G RAM, AMD Athlon 2200+, 7300GT DDR3 Mem only 128 Mbyte.. by the way, why do we need 256 Mbyte Video Ram for high settings?

I`m is a joke..

I know it's a shit, but It should run it smoothly in medium, at least taking into consideration the recommended settings. But it runs like shit and looks also shit.

worse than the demo really - more slow downs, worse graphic...

I hope EA buys Seabass (engine is also enough) fire the stupid canadians and start to develop a game in Europe.

Hooly fu...
I don`t know where to start - didn`t read the full thread but all I read quick scanning the posts is bitching pes2008.
Maan evereverevery year its the saame - and two months later people have adopt to game and change there views.

Good that opinions are different!
Facts from my point of view:
- Pes2008 full runs better (smoother)than the demo
- It has the better graphics than its predecessors (3d gras, 3d crowd, nets, bump mapping...)
- It has the better animations than its predecessors
- It has f*ckin better gameplay - you need to get your buddies over and play against real oponents! Thats where pro evo shines...and always has
- commentary is best yet in series
- my settings and configurations are saved
- it has the best saving system for your formation settings yet

- It runs perfect for me - no slowdowns like some people say and good stable framerate on high settings
- ps2 pad and xbox30 controller are both working for me (vista 64bit)
- I have all resolutions to choose up to native 1920*1200
- the option to choose 16:9 or 4:3 (its nice to play on a 45" in 1080p and I prefer 4:3, with pes6 it was only able to do so with juce and robbies help)

On the one hand you want better graphics - but if you get them and you only can play at low settings and it looks and runs like shit ...um yea the game is to blame :roll:

I can only imagine how people are reacting if pro evo series gets a true new engine and it plays like shit on there 5 year old hardware...

And dude IF ea ever buys the pes series it WILL be destoyed - don`t think they would use konamis engine for there pro-fifa, they will use their "more advanced" sluggish engine from their inhouse sports developing department.
Not only that ...one more really good developing team would be eaten by biigeevilEA.
...but I think fortunately that will never happen.

Bottom line I have a really good time with this pes - again you need to play against real buddies.
Editing and customizing really helps too - and always had and its fun too.:8):

Come on guys! the game is great! it's much better than the Demo version... i know it need a powerful video card but we are in the 2008 now... it's for sure less than to buy a XBOB360... :D

so how come i can play cod4, ut3 and bioshock ok on my laptop and not this game? am i blind or something because i in terms of graphics, pes08 is nowhere near has good as the above games i have just mentioned.

Hooly fu...
I don`t know where to start - didn`t read the full thread but all I read quick scanning the posts is bitching pes2008.
Maan evereverevery year its the saame - and two months later people have adopt to game and change there views.

Good that opinions are different!
Facts from my point of view:
- Pes2008 full runs better (smoother)than the demo
- It has the better graphics than its predecessors (3d gras, 3d crowd, nets, bump mapping...)
- It has the better animations than its predecessors
- It has f*ckin better gameplay - you need to get your buddies over and play against real oponents! Thats where pro evo shines...and always has
- commentary is best yet in series
- my settings and configurations are saved
- it has the best saving system for your formation settings yet

- It runs perfect for me - no slowdowns like some people say and good stable framerate on high settings
- ps2 pad and xbox30 controller are both working for me (vista 64bit)
- I have all resolutions to choose up to native 1920*1200
- the option to choose 16:9 or 4:3 (its nice to play on a 45" in 1080p and I prefer 4:3, with pes6 it was only able to do so with juce and robbies help)

On the one hand you want better graphics - but if you get them and you only can play at low settings and it looks and runs like shit ...um yea the game is to blame :roll:

I can only imagine how people are reacting if pro evo series gets a true new engine and it plays like shit on there 5 year old hardware...

And dude IF ea ever buys the pes series it WILL be destoyed - don`t think they would use konamis engine for there pro-fifa, they will use their "more advanced" sluggish engine from their inhouse sports developing department.
Not only that ...one more really good developing team would be eaten by biigeevilEA.
...but I think fortunately that will never happen.

Bottom line I have a really good time with this pes - again you need to play against real buddies.
Editing and customizing really helps too - and always had and its fun too.:8):

its a shame not everyone can afford 8800gtx cards such has yourself to play the game in full. what a shame that the game is poorly optimised. i admit i got this game for multiplayer but where are 2v2? online leagues? online tournaments? i bet you wont be able to play a single online game this friday. mark my word the servers are gunna get hammered

I agree nintek....The game runs smooth as silk on my AMD64 3700, 2 GB Ram and 512mb 1950 Pro.

It was a bit laggy till i turned off frame skipping and enabled V-sync, now it's great, even on replays and cutscenes.

I never play against the computer, it's always 2 player all the way against mates, so i'm in no position to comment on the single player aspect, but it's a blast against your mates.

EDIT : In reply to jonnymendoza, Do you play Bioshock, Supreme Commander or Oblivion maxed out on your laptop? If you do then something is wrong with your drivers or something, cos pes2008 is nowhere mear as demanding as bioshock at max settings. You can't have it both ways, for video games to evolve, the hardware has to evolve alongside game development.

Last edited:
can someone who has the game post a screen from Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford Stadium? Has Old Trafford the new quadrats? Thanks in advance.

I still got the bug from the demo - the sound is hissing and cracking ALL THE TIME. This is the only game / app that ever gave me such problem. I tried with 3 different soundcard drivers and nothing... I'm using a DFI motherboard with Karadjan audio module (integrated 7.1 audio). I tried two manufacture's drivers and the default Nvidia NV4 sound drivers (which I used by default) and nothing... any ideas guys?

Back
Top Bottom