[FULL GAME] PES 2008 OUT...

I love how te stamina is still totally fucked in ML. Since when are players totally exhausted after playing 3 times in a row? Way to go Konami... :applause:

Oh, and passing totally sucks. Apparently running is the way to go now. Just crossed the entire field with an average player and finished it "neatly" with a lame effort but the keeper totally missed it. :roll: So I decided to check out if passing was any good... :roll: I have to admit that it's better than my grandmother's passing, but that's about it. I hope Konami will one day realise that the ball can actually roll on the ground without humping up and down all the way. And that players can actually make fast passes instead of all the usual slow crap in PES. :(

The stamina is a joke i thought it was just me, you need players with at least 90 to play more than 2 matches any1 know if there will be a way to fix this. Other than that the crossings pretty shit and the computer cheats quite abit in ML.

Still love it tho =[

Are there spelling mistakes in the bulgarian national team? Such as Benbatov, should be Berbatov, Slian Pelokov, must be Stilian Petrov.

Goal Keeper Georgi Petkov and Dimitar Ivankov. Just wanted to be clarified as to whether these spellings are fixed in pes 2008 unlike pes 6 had almost all national teams with spelling errors.

So I decided to check out if passing was any good... :roll: I have to admit that it's better than my grandmother's passing, but that's about it. I hope Konami will one day realise that the ball can actually roll on the ground without humping up and down all the way. And that players can actually make fast passes instead of all the usual slow crap in PES. :(

I'm actually wondering if they do play their own game. If so, they must be sad football fans =/

Few Questions :(Hope somebody knows the answers)

1. Where is the Museum, like where I can buy stuffs ?
2. Where is the Tutorial Training ? Where one learns new moves ..Free Kick Challenges , etc

Game has been out a few days in other countries such as holland and portugal.
#1 no 16:10 support not even 1680-1050 support
#2 shooting is always daisy cutters unless you fill the meter up
#3 has in game ads
#4 no more 2v2 online
#5 graphics on the players look bad ie blank featureless faces like something from the wall unless you get up close
#6 worse weather effects of which there is only now rain which you can barely even notice.
#7 More fifa like than ever before you can basically score running the length of the pitch and diagonal shot
in fact pretty much 90% of diagonal shots will go in.
#8 even front sliding tackles result in a yellow card a behind tackle and even just a side sliding tackle is now an instant red card.

I have it on highest difficulty and have no problems winning most games 3 or 4-0
online games are going to be a joke it will be 10-10 scorelines as pretty much anywhere near the penalty area
and diagonal shot will go in.
Overall a step backwards in every way from pes6 apart from the fancy new cutscenes everything is worse.
A genuine time to skip this years and stick to pes6 until that has no online servers.

Last edited:
"in fact pretty much 90% of diagonal shots will go in."

the diagonal shots, also worked like this in pes 6

"in fact pretty much 90% of diagonal shots will go in."

the diagonal shots, also worked like this in pes 6

Erm no they don't ? the goalkeeper saves a lot of them ? and it's also harder to get the meter right ?
i am talking about long shots here anyway not inside the box tap ins.
Just get anywhere level to either goalpost just outside or even a bit further outside the box fill meter up to 3/4 which is easy now aim diagonal and 9/10 it goes in.If what you are saying is true then in pes6 games would be 10-10 etc online which i predict pes2008 will be soon as people figure out this sure fire scoring technique as i have it's worse and easier than the dreaded cutback.

Last edited:
i had a quick 5min play on my laptop of the full game and wow this game runs like utter shit on it!

i have a decent spec laptop with a core duo 1.6ghz copped with a x1600 512mb card and this game runs like shit on high settings! i enabled fraps and get a fps of 30-40 most times BUT the game freezes for about 5-10 seconds every time!

its utterly unplayable and im shell shocked. this game has been POORLY optimised and i prey it works on my pc or else i gotta cancel my order..

games like FEAR and oblivion runs flawlessly on my laptop at mid high settings

Game has been out a few days in other countries such as holland and portugal.
#1 no 16:10 support not even 1680-1050 support
#2 shooting is always daisy cutters unless you fill the meter up
#3 has in game ads
#4 no more 2v2 online
#5 graphics on the players look bad ie blank featureless faces like something from the wall unless you get up close
#6 worse weather effects of which there is only now rain which you can barely even notice.
#7 More fifa like than ever before you can basically score running the length of the pitch and diagonal shot
in fact pretty much 90% of diagonal shots will go in.
#8 even front sliding tackles result in a yellow card a behind tackle and even just a side sliding tackle is now an instant red card.

I have it on highest difficulty and have no problems winning most games 3 or 4-0
online games are going to be a joke it will be 10-10 scorelines as pretty much anywhere near the penalty area
and diagonal shot will go in.
Overall a step backwards in every way from pes6 apart from the fancy new cutscenes everything is worse.
A genuine time to skip this years and stick to pes6 until that has no online servers.

dont stick with pes6. get fifa on the 360 instead. most of those issues u mentioned are not in fifa at all

yes its crap on the pc and yea it does seem like im a fifa priest hehe but ok i will stop being like that and let you guys enjoy the almighty pes08 game.

on a side note, DAMM its too late for me to cancel the order :@

yes its crap on the pc and yea it does seem like im a fifa priest hehe but ok i will stop being like that and let you guys enjoy the almighty pes08 game.

on a side note, DAMM its too late for me to cancel the order :@

also for me, but my problem is that it comes later with amazon.de than it would be in the stores...
i don't think any of this both games is almighty or perfect... (pes 2008 seems to have as much bugs as gothic ^^ but i still prefer it fifa (PC)

yeah i know, i once played 07 on a 360, and it really surprised me... but i have only pc and psp... ;)
back to topic:
Is there any store in Germany, which sells the game yet?

At last, anyone have proved it with X1650PRO 512MB? I want to play at 1024x768, high details, with a P4 2,53Ghz.

Now, I've a Gecube 9550XT and I've some problems of "fluency".

Thanks

yeah i know, i once played 07 on a 360, and it really surprised me... but i have only pc and psp... ;)
back to topic:
Is there any store in Germany, which sells the game yet?

ahh i suggest sticking with pes6 then. its miles better then this pile of crap. the dumbest thing i did was to uninstall pes6 to make way for this crappy game

Just got the game.. played 2 matches. I play Anderlecht against Barca. First game won 3-2 with 2 own goals (stupid own goals) of puyol. Lost the second 3-0 with 3 deflected balls (read: passes to the closest cpu striker) of my keeper.

Far as I can say, cpu is stupid. Teammate or opponent. Worst than pes6 to me. Ingame, I really think so far that pes6 was better. I mean pes6+kitserver (complete kit,faces..). I hope kitserver can saves pes2008 ass otherwise I'll stick to pes6 this year. Especially that it have 2v2 online option. Still have to try the game against a mate but this year seems bad.. so far!

Last thing, it definitively needs a patch and fast. Savegame bug, freeze for no reason (+-20sec) then continue.. mmm... can't say I'm convinced by this year's vintage.. :(

Guys i tried the Pc version yesterday... but seems more faster than the demo version, no?

I used the Resolutions patch to run the game at 1680x1050 but how i can use the AA in my Nvidia control panel for PES 2008?

I think the graphic was better in the demo than the full game...

Someone can help me?

Thanks!

Ok i enabled the 4x AA and i play at 1680x1050 and i think it's simply AMAZING! anyone play with my same configuration?

I never saw a football game like that... incredible graphic, just a very little slowdown in some replays (like: PES2008 Original view).

What u think?

Stop moaning. this is a much improved game than pes6. The only significant drawback is the lack of 2v2 online which for me at least, is ok cause I have too much lag on 2v2 in pes6.

Be patient. The creator of PES2008 said in an interview that this is the last pes with the old engine. The couldn't do more stuff cause there are only 10 people behind the PES project, but next version will be real NEXTGEN.

I think PES6 was almost the same with PES5... PES2008 at least has some very good graphical improvements.

This game is awesome! the only problem i have is the game dont save mysettings, i have to load them everytime i enter in the game!!!
I hope a patch comes out soon!!!!

Wow!!! It seems Konami messed up big time...from the feedbacks, it seems the demo was better than the full game...Konami are the ones digging up their own grave....Not EA

Ok my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
2GB DDR II RAM
ATI Radeon X1650SE HM 512mb

Why cant I play this game on 1024x700 on high detail? A lot of slowdown, but with my specs it should be possible to play it right? I dont know much about pc's, but other (new) games work perfect. Did Konami do a bad job, when it comes to programming PES 2008?

I hope somebody can help me.

Ok my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
2GB DDR II RAM
ATI Radeon X1650SE HM 512mb

Why cant I play this game on 1024x700 on high detail? A lot of slowdown, but with my specs it should be possible to play it right? I dont know much about pc's, but other (new) games work perfect. Did Konami do a bad job, when it comes to programming PES 2008?

I hope somebody can help me.

Its not your specs! Its the game! I have a 3800+ and a 7800GS card and there are slowdowns around the goalmouth! Trust me on this

I'm hoping they will bring out a patch but I doubt it

Back
Top Bottom