Forza Motorsport 2

Image captured from this week's video (upcoming)

original.aspx

Last edited:
For us Europeans we are looking at a June the 8th release as opposed to the States who get it in May.

Dj

Will this Game be Region Free??? I want the US version if possible!!!!

Not sure yet. a good way of telling is by looking at previous microsoft published games. if they not region free it is a big chance this will not be.

I know the US version of Gears of War would play on a PAL, not sure of any other MS published games though.

Not sure yet. a good way of telling is by looking at previous microsoft published games. if they not region free it is a big chance this will not be.

HMMMM i think MS has to change this strategy, because on The PS3 everything is Region Free!!! So everyone can play the Version he prefers! But MS in interested in profit, not in our wishes!!!

So if thats the case why cant I play english PS2 games on my USA PS3? why did they region lock the Emulator inside the PS3?

Stupid if you ask me

Dj

If you have an US PS3 you have a PS2 chipset not Emulator, the Emulator is only for the PALversion of PS3!!! Only Next gen is Regionfree on PS3, but sure some Guys will find out a Way to crack this!

But back to Forza 2 i think we are a litle OFFTOPIC!!!!!!!

This looks set to OWN Gran Turismo! This looks and sounds stunning!Listen to them Engine Noises and the graphics look awesome!

Dj

I think when your driving the graphics will look that good jambotommy..

Dj

Erm, he didn't even mention Gran Turismo DJ, think that's a bit of a daft comment really...

Just watched it myself and I'm not very impressed with the graphics either to be honest - is it just me or does PGR3 look better? PGR4 certainly does. That doesn't mean I'm going to rush out and buy Gran Turismo, it doesn't even mean I'm not going to buy Forza 2 (I've never given a crap about graphics), but as much as I'm sure the physics will impress me, the graphics don't.

I think you should take the beer goggles off for a min, the detail is excellent and I think it looks decent.

Dj

Cant say i think the graphics are amazing from what ive seen, but then that isnt much(cant get the 720p video to run smoothly :( ). But then i have that with all racing games, for some reason (especially during replays) it always feels a bit "flat". Same with pgr3, during play it looks great, but during replay, meh.

The rest of the game does sound excellent though so ill definitly be buying this come june.

:) this is a definite buy for me. I think once again we have a winner its better than GT :)

Dj

cough cough Gran Turismo Fanboy! lol

Dj

how you come to that conclusion i will never know as i said before i like realism as in dents and things falling off and the last time i played GT that didnt happen

and looking at the posts after mine which are agreeing with me i would say its you that is the fanboy :lol:

the detail is excellent and I think it looks decent.

Dj

Have to agree DJ.

Graphics are stunning imo.

For anyone who is toiling to watch the 720p video on their pc,install tversity or windows media connect, then stream to the 360.

The 360 streams hdwmv super duper candy style.

Or burn the file to a cd rw/dvd rw then playback on the 360.

I've never been into driving games as much as footy, but this one has me trapped in anticipation...Roll on the release date.

In the first Video it seems that the framerate gos down in some scences!! I hope its only a Bug in the Video!!!! The biggest mistake will be an unstable framerate!!!:shock:

The Cars look amazing, around the curses there is nothin special(ok its suzuka) but i hope there will be some more colourfull and realistic curses!!! Not only remakes in HD from Forza1!!!

Only thing i know i will buy it on May29, i hope they tonk take longer to bring it out!!!

Last edited:
It wont be may the 29th for us jimis, it will be June the 8th.

lol at Coopz, for years I thought Gran Turismo was the best thing since sliced bread until GT4 came out and bored me to death!

Dj

Oi DJ, NAAOOOOOWW (in harry enfield voice)

Thought you werent gonna talk about gt anymore ;)

Although i had the same as you, got gt3 and just couldnt be bothered with it. That also put me off most future "sims" as i stuck to burnout and the like after that. This however, as i posted before, has gotton me interested again in the sim.

Ha Ha Harry Enfield = Legend :)

Forza 2 is going to rock my box! (the 360 that is!)

@Jimis Mate they have been working hard to make sure they get 60 Frames Per Second mate So I wouldnt worry :)

Dj

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom