Forza Motorsport 2

I reckon the delay is not only to optomise it, but also cause Halo 3 Beta will be running on Live at the sametime.

Looks good, like the damage at the end of the video when he shuts the red car infront. However the guy needs to practise his gear changing.........

Hmmm i want this game!!! cars look good! but those curses look pure!!! only a few shadow/light effects!

Last edited:
jimis agree with you about the courses but in truth it doesnt bother me too much. Id rather substitute amazing graphics for Realistic Simulation Gameplay any day of the week.

Dj

The demo has hit some problems during MS certification so it won't be released this Friday. A new date will be set soon.

Damn! thats a big shame. I think most of us were looking forward to that day as well!

Dj

Damn demo,My son is really getting pissed off with the delays.

Total petrol head...No patience when it comes to racing sims.

As you can see in end of video in the Framerate is not stabil,thats very very bad, because i think its not a Beta version he is using!!! When Game is stuttering its the dead of a Racing Game!!!! Every Video i have seen has Framerate probs!!! I dont think they can fix this so fast!!! Thats realy bad for forza!!!!

Last edited:
jimis that might have occured during the actual encoding of the video. I wouldnt read too much into it.

Dj

I hope you are right, But it still is a Prob on much Racing Games in next Gen that frames are not stabil and we got slowdowns, NFS Most wandet, NFS Carbon, Same on PS3!!! Only PGR3 and Burnout shows what smooth Frame means on next gen!

But PGR3 only runs at 30FPS... Burnout is basically the same as last gen except higher res textures.

Dj

Guys lets not get into a frames per second discussion. It is important to have the right fps for the game being developed, however; it doesn't guarentee the game will be any good. Even though PGR3 was 30fps it has a superb sense of speed compared to Forza @ 30fps.

It just depends on the talents of the dev team in question. FPS is important, but so are all the other technical tricks that can be done to improve the overall gameplay experience.

But PGR3 only runs at 30FPS... Burnout is basically the same as last gen except higher res textures.

Dj

Yes thats True, Its only my fear that a great game (and Forza2 looks like) has problems! why they need longer to release???

I also want a GT Killer, Sony makes me sick! everyone speaks about GT5, here in Germany every Racingfan wants GT5 a few People know that Forza series is great!

If Forza 2 is good it helps selling X-boxes, ! Damned its a good console, but everyone has focused now on the PS3!!:(

And its not only a FPS discussion, but the FPS are very important in a Racing Game! And if a FPS error gets int Forza 2 all PS3 freaks will start again joking about the 360 and how much better the PS3 is!!

The game must be ready, has no one tested it??? no Betas??? nothing???

Last edited:
A list of cars you can pick at the start of career mode!
Pick your weapons lads!

Europe:

normal_Europe-Car1.jpg

normal_Europe-Car2.jpg

normal_Europe-Car3.jpg

normal_Europe-Car4.jpg

normal_Europe-Car5.jpg

normal_Europe-Car6.jpg

normal_Europe-Car7.jpg

North America:

normal_North-America-Car1.jpg

normal_North-America-Car2.jpg

normal_North-America-Car3.jpg

normal_North-America-Car4.jpg

normal_North-America-Car5.jpg

normal_North-America-Car6.jpg

normal_North-America-Car7.jpg

Asia:

normal_Asia-Car1.jpg

normal_Asia-Car2.jpg

normal_Asia-Car3.jpg

normal_Asia-Car4.jpg

normal_Asia-Car5.jpg

normal_Asia-Car6.jpg

normal_Asia-Car7.jpg

The gameplay will make up for that... Realistic Physics and Damage, Decent AI who actually put up a fight and battle amongst each other. Unlike a certain other game that I know which is all about flash graphics and a huge catalogue of cars....

Dj

Wow, the graphics just don't look that great to me, at all... :|

come on JB you should know that these screenshots will look nothing like that when it hits a HD tele

the graphics should be awesome like most games are nowadays so im not worried about them, if not then thats shit

PS: dont dig up my other post in this tread where i said it dosnt look impressive, because it still dosnt :)

I'm no graphics whore, I'm still getting the game and I'm sure it will still beat the crap out of the other car game whose name I won't mention - but I've seen a few 360 car games (PGR3, Burnout Revenge, Test Drive Unlimited) and they all look better than that, inside a showroom or not...

I'm not too bothered, but I just find it a bit shocking!

Even I must admit in places those cars look a bit flat shaded but that doesnt really bother me.

Dj

i will give my graphical impression when i see it on my HD projector, not when i see it in a shite little picture or video :)

Back
Top Bottom