Formula1

Well done to Heikki who had a consistent race after a poor start (that allowed Massa through).

What a performance from Glock, he could well be in contention for a place at a bigger team.

I think this may bring Hamilton back down to earth again which can only be a good thing. But without the tire puncture. who knows.

No sporstmanship from Ferrari after Lewis's tire problems either. They were celebrating the win after that.

Last edited:
Just noticed this thread :DOH:, Massa must be pissed after the last race, I can picture Kimi :LOL: though.

Amazing last few laps!

Was screaming at Hamilton on the last lap to just crawl round, the 14 second lead proved that he could.

I thought he was being foolish to push that much on the last few laps with the rain coming, but it just shows how much confidence he has in his abillity.

Crazy ending to the race, You have to feel bad for Kimi, But it looks like Hamilton is going to run away with it now.

just in...

Hamilton penalty hands Massa victory

Lewis Hamilton has been penalised by race stewards at the Belgian Grand Prix who deemed he had cut a chicane while fighting for the lead with Kimi Raikkonen. The ruling means that Felipe Massa is now the official winner of the race and moves to within two points of Hamilton in the championship.

In a sensational twist to a thrilling Belgian Grand Prix, stewards ruled that Hamilton gained an unfair advantage when he cut the final Bus Stop chicane while challenging Kimi Raikkonen for the lead. Hamilton rejoined ahead of Raikkonen but let the Finn slip just ahead back into the lead before overtaking him at La Source.

Stewards applied a 25-second penalty to Hamilton's race time which drops him to third overall, promoting Massa to the win and Heidfeld to second. The penalty means that Hamilton now has 76 points in the drivers' championship to Massa's 72.

I actually really dislike Kimi. His personality and character frustrates me. He doesn't seem confident and doesnt have enough aggression. Massa may not be Ferrari's flag bearer, but at least his committed and quite sensible.

Agree with the penalty - he was meant to give way to Kimi for cutting the curve, but instead he just raced past him. Good race, and Kimi got what he deserve for not ever pushing it or capitalizing on his chances.

I actually really dislike Kimi. His personality and character frustrates me. He doesn't seem confident and doesnt have enough aggression. Massa may not be Ferrari's flag bearer, but at least his committed and quite sensible.

Agree with the penalty - he was meant to give way to Kimi for cutting the curve, but instead he just raced past him. Good race, and Kimi got what he deserve for not ever pushing it or capitalizing on his chances.

You talk shit man! kimi forced him off line and hence off circuit then Lew gave kimi back the lead before the start finnish line then retuck the lead after the line. What gives, kimi was all over the track when the rain came. Do peeps actually like pressesion boring racing cos all this penalty says is yes lets have no exciting racing please. Also confirms FIA got it in for Mac as in last race as the Prancing horse just given fine for Massa and team almost causing a crash in pitlane, talk about double standards.Also how did Lew get a 25 sec advantage?

Last edited:
Erm Kimi forced Hamilton off!, Hamilton passed but let him back into lead. A shocking decision but its the least i expect from the biased FIA. Ferrari are the "OLD FIRM" of F1.

Hopefully common sense is restored and the appeal is successful. I'm fuming. It was hardly even a talking point after the race because most people thought nothing would happen.

Kimi crashed after the incident anyway! How does this all equate to a 25sec penalty? The FIA expected Hamilton to just not steer and go into an unrecoverable position on the grass after being shunted by Kimi? What a bunch of clueless fools.

Last edited:
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=VCEYjNoBYo0

Of course is a good decision Lewis gave the first place to Kimi for cutting the curve but he immediately attacked him.

Don't see your point here mate he was all over kimmi's gearbox before the chicane so would of been all over his gearbox over the start finish line line if he had just followed without the aggression anyways. At the end of the day its a crazy penalty cos i can see if Lew had cut the corner then say he was behind Kimmi but had the speed and run over the start finish line and then overtook then yep can see the advantage but no hold on a min Lew slowed down so that Kimmi overtook so where in the hell is the advantage there,end of the day kimmi just could not handle the the rain. Even later the same lap Kimmi was back in front when Lew had to go off in the grass while avoiding another car commin back on track.it's just an absolute joke.

He gave the place back to KImi, but he didn't slow down much at all, and that was the problem. He still maneuvered it so that he could get ahead at the earliest possible opportunity.

And besides, he didn't really let Kimi go ahead, because Hamilton's big fucking pompous head was in positions 1-5.

Surely the point is that Lewis was already in the lead and surrendered it because Kimi rammed him off the road!

I'll admit that he might not have made it clear at the time, but the BBC are reporting the race officials at the time were satisfied with Lewis's actions. However, if there is any penalty to be had it is NOT 25 SECONDS! that is a mental penalty. Funny how that penalty just pushed him into third and not even second which is the very least he deserved.

It will not be overturned, no point even trying.

Last edited:
today is the appeal day isn't it?

i read a few posts and i noticed a lot of confusion, and a few good points.... but afterall i'm confused aswell by this situation.

Peter, saying the Fia has a pro-ferrari bias is really unappropriate.
the fia has been changing the rules for 4 (from 2001 to 2004) consecutives years just to damage ferrari, coz they used to believe this was the only way to make the championships more competitives.
not to mention the first sentence about the Dennis scandal, wich was arguably the lowest moment in formula one history.

so it's not a matter of being a "big gun" (coz afterall mclaren is a much "bigger gun" than ferrari).

also about the 25 penalty there's nothing to argue. the rule says that if a penalty is declared after the end of the race, or so close to the end of it, that it's impossible to perform the drive through anymore, then the pilot must be charged of a time penalty proportionate to the time required to perform the drive through itself.
now this time has always been from 24 to 25 seconds, since this rule was approved (it was about 8 or 9 years ago, together with the introduction of the drive through rule).

however it doesn't really matter coz honestly this whole story is ridiculous. the rule is pretty simple. when u cut a chicane (it doesn't matter wheter u're forced to do it or not) and this cut allows u to overtake a car, then u have to let that car overtake u again, in order to avoid the penalty.

that's it. and this is exactly what lewis did.
they say "yes but he didn't slow down enough".... wich is a ridiculous point, because the only thing the rules says is to let the other car overtake u, without any kind of reference to "how much u're supposed to lift your foot".

the purpose of this rule is to avoid a pilot to get an unfair advantage from the cut. now, before the cut, lewis was in rakkonnen's wake. after he let kimi overtake him again, lewis was once again in kimi's wake. wich means (and u don't need to know the rules to understand this) that lewis didn't get any advantage at all from the cut.

now the fia is saying "hamilton should have waited 1 corner, before attacking kimi again".....
why? who established this? where is this "rule"? there isn't, so this point makes no sense aswell.
and even if such a rule would actually exist (and it doesn't) it would be stupid, coz it would give an unfair advantage to the pilot in the lead.

it was really a ridiculous decision and i hope it will be overturned.

one last thing. last season, the race commissioners and fia too did almost everything to help hamilton (every time hamilton did something wrong he got away with it).
this season instead it looks like they're doing everything to damage him. this is not how a proper neutral authority should operate.

F1 fans will now focus on my country...the little red dot on the world map.Yes blokes,F1 comes to Singapore creating a first on F1 history with the night race.Its on now,with the drivers having their practice laps.Lewis Hamilton currently topping the charts with the fastest lap on the night.

I will keep my eyes on this, I don't enjoy watching the full F1 races but I enjoy watching the beginning and the tense endings.

I hope Lewis Hamilton crashes by the way.

Back
Top Bottom