Football Manager 2009

Got a call from my mate who said his mate had it delivered yesterday and as far as he could tell from a conversation he had with him earlier he was sitting playing it.. strange considering SI have said they won't turn on the activation server till midnight.

The activation servers weren't meant to go live until midnight but they were activated around 8pm, lucky for people who had the game early.

out of curiosity, i applied the patch to the demo and it 'seems' to work. it's now asking me for an activation key...

hmmmm, i wonder... at 1.2gb, it's a bit on the BIG side for a 6 month demo - perhaps the full game is in there somewhere...

anyone prepared to sell me their product key, or at least let me try - i promise not to do anything more than try, then i'll quit and go buy it today anyway...

Bought this a few hours ago, gone to look at the SI sites now (SIgames.com and the community.SIgames.com), all dead as a dodo. Trying to get the patch from the links mentioned above is proving tricky as well, all the sites I've tried so far come up with the error "421 Too many users".

It's like this every year. :(

Bought this a few hours ago, gone to look at the SI sites now (SIgames.com and the community.SIgames.com), all dead as a dodo. Trying to get the patch from the links mentioned above is proving tricky as well, all the sites I've tried so far come up with the error "421 Too many users".

It's like this every year. :(

Have you tried STEAM, Chris.
Even if you bought a retail version, you can still register with Steam and get the updates...

I haven't done that Gerd no, I've read some funny (meaning weird) things about Steam, so I'd rather steer clear of it if possible.

If the only benefit is getting the patches quicker then I don't mind waiting for a mirror to pop up, shouldn't take too long (I hope).

EDIT: The Rapidshare download originally started and died at the 25% mark, but it's just finished now, which is great. :) Just got to hope the authentication servers are up now, I'll be really upset if they aren't...

Yeah I managed to get the patch in the end. Just tried to verify the game though (you get two choices, Steam or Uniloc), and I'm told the application can't connect to the internet - which I assume means the servers are down.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

People have been getting that problem all day, CB. Just keep trying and it might work in the end :CURSE:

Every year it's something. At least this time last year I could actually play the game I've just paid for (without installing something I really don't want to install).

Yep.

Managed to get onto the forums, 12 pages of people getting the same error as me, and now a new thread saying the forums are going down for a bit (like they are easily accessible now):

[Posted around 5pm]

Hi Guys,

Thankyou for your support and patience with the FM09 release.

Thanks to feedback about the speed of the forums we will be bringing down the forums for 20 minutes so we can fix the problems and make sure you can get on here easily :)

We appreciate that this is frustrating but this is going to make things much better for you.

Again thanks for your support and patience.

Sarah

Also found this:

Key Code HELP Link

Those of you experiencing trouble deciphering the 0 and O’s or the 1 and I's in your unlock code, please enter the code as you understand it into the above URL.

You will then be presented with the correct key, which you can copy and paste into the activation screen.

Please accept our utmost apologies on this issue.

ANYBODY EXPERIENCING ERROR -51 or -52 PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:

Persons experiencing an Error [-51] or [-52] when trying to activate their copy of the game should follow the instructions below.

The error messages relate to a failure to create a licence [-51] and failure to read from a licence [-52]. Therefore, the problem lies with the file system access and is not contributable to firewall programs. Anti-virus programs may be a contributing factor, this is still under investigation - we would ask that you follow the process below 'with' anti-virus on and if you are still failing to activate, please reboot and turn off antivirus.

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3)Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

If you are unable to activate, please try the following:

A)**VISTA USERS ONLY** Re-run the process above, when at Step (6) - try running the installer under Adminstrator privileges (you need to locate the Setup.exe file, right click and 'Run as Administrator)

B) ALL USERS - Re-run the process, but before Step (1) , please disable your Anti-virus software

If you are still receiving errors, please post them in this thread and we will fix on a first come first served basis.

Please accept our utmost apologies for any inconvenience caused during this period - our aim is to get you playing as quickly as possible.

And this:

Right! after sitting here for 6 hours going mad I finally managed to get through to Sega, after having a go at them they have told me that the server couldnt handle the amount of activation requests and that the they have engineers on the case as we speak, ive been told the best and only thing we can do is unfortunatly just wait a few hours. Sorry I have no better news

What a joke.

Last edited:
Yeah turned into utter shambles blatently because server are clogged with requests they havnt anticipated demand very well.

And on top of that phone number busy for alternative method and probably remain so.

Back
Top Bottom