Football Manager 2009

Cant beleive amount of injurys i had a patch has been announced to fix it on release day how the hell does this escape bug fixing.

But then again was the same last year with closing down bug terrible :(

Unstalled this after one match. 3d pitch looks a bit odd...I stuck it right back on 2D.

Will wait for full game I think seems a ball ache getting ateam sorted then having to quit after 6 months. Specially as its bug ridden at the mo...bring on release day.

The 3D won't work on my work laptop like it's suppose to. Supposedly they are looking into it. It works on my personal laptop but it's herky jerky. I'm sure they are going to fix most of the major problems.

The more I play it the more I warm to it, now that I've sorted the jerkiness - had to put the graphics settings on low which is disappointing. But there's still something fundamentally "odd" with it, I can't put my finger on it exactly but it just doesn't feel right.

I notice that in the team information panel (where you see the kits) they're in 3D - they look pretty good, it's a shame that the match engine is so far zoomed out that the kits look like plain colours (and I can't find a "zoom" button). Also, if I press the back button on the side of my mouse, the game crashes, and I keep doing it without thinking because I've done it with FM for years...

i doubt all these issues are addressed. this is a demo of the game not a beta if im not mistaken. they may tweak minor things for release but nothing dramatic

Yup this is from the final version. However, it think that SI will address the main issues in a patch as they have a history of doing so. Patch will probably be out within a couple of weeks of release.

I imagine we'll have a release-day patch to sort the injuries, the game is pretty unplayable because of this.

The 3D part is shit but thats no surprise to me anyway

If they have spent most of there time doing that shitty and pointless 3D thing instead of keeping 2D which does exactly the same thing then they needs their heads looking at

I like the press conferences though, that's about all i saw that was different, oh and telling a player how you would like him to play

my first impressions after playing for 30 odd minutes(have not started a match yet) is great.

the menu's feels great and easy to navigate. i love the press conference talk as well. very well done imo. i noticed some players have their player images on their player profile. nice touch!

i am in charge of arsenal and the first thing i did was to set-up intensive defence training on my cb's :P i think i set it up too high that toure and song got injured during training! bunch of baby's.

i may flog toure to either inter or barca seeing as they are trying to poach him, LOL what a wonderful game and im yet to enter the field :D

I like the 3D match engine, the animations and graphics are not great, but the action is as good as or better than in previous version's 2D engines and just having that in 3D makes the game so much better for me.

i co-sign that...
i just wish tehy could add a little bit more GK animations on one-on-one situations..right now theres no real animation for that, the GK just stands there without any action

Playing it again now and I'm really starting to like the 3D match engine, the only thing that's pissing me off now is the total lack of goalkeeper animations. You can "tell" from looking at a 2D replay of something what the goalkeeper is actually doing, for example diving and palming a shot to an oncoming striker, but when you see it from the 3D angle the goalkeeper just jumps whilst standing up straight, the ball whacks off his chest, and with his hand he makes a "catching" motion between his legs. It's the only thing that sticks out for me as "really bad".

From the 2D angle it looks great and you know exactly what's happening, which makes it so ironic that when you watch it in the 3D view (for more information on what your players are doing, i.e. are they lying on the floor, are they jumping for the header etc.) you're actually "getting less information", if you see what I mean (because the 3D engine hasn't got the animation to show it to you).

That and the defenders who slide-tackle and stay on the floor for ten seconds, when the ball is still in play. From the 2D angle you wouldn't know so it's nice to see that they're "out of action" and that's why they're not moving, but for the love of God, get up you stupid bastards before they score.

Just played now and won two games on the trot thanks to the 3D engine and the assistant manager's advice (LOVE that addition, just fantastic). Then I pressed the back button on the mouse and the game crashed. May wait until the retail version before I play it again......

Playing it again now and I'm really starting to like the 3D match engine, the only thing that's pissing me off now is the total lack of goalkeeper animations. You can "tell" from looking at a 2D replay of something what the goalkeeper is actually doing, for example diving and palming a shot to an oncoming striker, but when you see it from the 3D angle the goalkeeper just jumps whilst standing up straight, the ball whacks off his chest, and with his hand he makes a "catching" motion between his legs. It's the only thing that sticks out for me as "really bad".

From the 2D angle it looks great and you know exactly what's happening, which makes it so ironic that when you watch it in the 3D view (for more information on what your players are doing, i.e. are they lying on the floor, are they jumping for the header etc.) you're actually "getting less information", if you see what I mean (because the 3D engine hasn't got the animation to show it to you).

That and the defenders who slide-tackle and stay on the floor for ten seconds, when the ball is still in play. From the 2D angle you wouldn't know so it's nice to see that they're "out of action" and that's why they're not moving, but for the love of God, get up you stupid bastards before they score.

Just played now and won two games on the trot thanks to the 3D engine and the assistant manager's advice (LOVE that addition, just fantastic). Then I pressed the back button on the mouse and the game crashed. May wait until the retail version before I play it again......

yeh, like i said before, i couldnt agree more with what u said about the 3d GKs...hopefully the full version can have at least a couple more animations, cause i must say in the few occasions that the GKs had proper animation, the game just feels MAGIC for me...

Tim howard made an excelet top corner save for me and i just shouted! WOW...
so, yeh, we really need improved animations for the gk, that changes a lot of the sense in the KEY moments, and thats where its all about..

i almost finnished my half season with everton now, and i must say, im in love with the new macth engine!
finnaly evan when i loose i dont feel cheated! havent seen one of those "20 shots 1 goal Vs. 3 shots 2 goals" macths yet! its ok for that to happen from time to time, but not like in FM08 where u would just hit a streak with those annoying scores.

anyways, i just hope SI can add night lighting to the full version, it would add a lot to the midweek and european comp. macthes imo...

all in all i can only praise SI once more.

Btw. i love the kit mixing in the game...just like in real life teams will actually change thir home socks or shorts so they dont clash colours with the oposion side...really, another nice little touch!
Im really eager to see the DB editor, i wonder if we will have a 3d kit editor and a player apperance editor..that would be fantastic!

Also loving the player recommendations although I worry that they might be a little unrealistic, the Tranmere assistant manager had two recommendations for me (I won't name names but they're unheard-of 19 year olds), bought one of them on a free and he's getting 8s every game... Would never have even noticed him if it wasn't for the assistant manager. Very satisfying seeing him score on his debut though, even though the game then crashed and I've lost that moment...

Yeah there's a widget called "XXX's Recommendations", where XXX is your Ass Man's name.

ok i just found that now!
plyed one game agains the spurs at white heart lane...
was losing the game 1x0 and the spurs were easily dominating me...
so i did what my Ass.Ma. suggested and got the draw in the last minute :)
(he told me my team was mistaking a lot of passes, and there was a huge gap between my defence line and my midfield...so i set my team to short passes, and brought my defence up...solved, i started dominating the macth and got the draw in the 89 mim ;) )

another really great feature! Specially for people tht dont wacth the full macth, like me, its a way to know whats really happening in the game besides the key moments.

The assistent manager's feature is fantastic. I'm playing with Le Mans UC and i was loosing, did what the assistent suggested and we won the match (not very good for managers with big ego's....). It would be fantastic if there is a feature where the assistent manager begins to manipulate you in order to take over from you...
I'm not so sure about the 3d match engine.
IMHO the 2d match engine was fantastic...is there a way to combinate both of them (a litle bit like the the match + radar in PES and FIFA ???).

A very good game with lots of good additions but i'm not sure if the most spectacular (3d match engine) was really necessary...

The assistent manager's feature is fantastic. I'm playing with Le Mans UC and i was loosing, did what the assistent suggested and we won the match (not very good for managers with big ego's....). It would be fantastic if there is a feature where the assistent manager begins to manipulate you in order to take over from you...
I'm not so sure about the 3d match engine.
IMHO the 2d match engine was fantastic...is there a way to combinate both of them (a litle bit like the the match + radar in PES and FIFA ???).

A very good game with lots of good additions but i'm not sure if the most spectacular (3d match engine) was really necessary...

Gerd, i really like the 3d engine so far...
but like i said in alot of moments the animations are just horrible...specially the GKs, which take a lot from the beaulty of the goals.

But, i do understand this is just a first step...something to build upon. and i think it will improve alot in the next years. just like when the 2d engine debuted i was a bit spetical about it, specially cause FM/CM had aways been a game of imagination imo...but after quite some macthes now using the 3d engine, im loving it..i tried to wacth one game on the 2d view, and i just couldnt stand the DOT players anymore... so yeh, im pretty fired up to buy the full version, and i must say that they did fullfill my excpectations with this 3d enigne, since i had in mind this is a first try and i couldnt expect a PES/FIFA kind of fluidity/animations/gfx, we gotta keep in mind something that CB said about the 3d engine, its just something to represent the 2d engine in 3d.

Also the new game eninge seems brilliant imo so far, the deemed CPU cheats seems to be somthing of the past now.

Back
Top Bottom