Football Manager 2008

I've not had a goal disallowed after five patched matches - I might be lucky though.

I am LOVING IT.

Guys when I go to Game status to check my version after I patch it its 8.0.1 112548...the changelist.txt states when updated it should be Football Manager 2008 v8.0.1 (Build 112458)

Is this just a typo? 458 and 548?

Might have to get this.

PES 2008 its utterly dreaful, and FIFA's annoying flaws cancels out the obvious effort that went into maiking it a decent game of footie.

Well I'm way into my first season on the new one and I have to say I'm loving it. I started as a randomized team from england germany or italy and I was given Notts Forest. Im coming upto February and I've just taken the topspot in the league. Unbeaten in 17 league games :)

Averaging just over 2 goals a game. Playing a 4-1-2-2-1 formation like so...

----------Attacker--------------
Winger--------------------Winger
--------------------------------
--------CM--------CM------------
------------DMC-----------------
Defender---Df-----Df-----Defender
------------GK------------------

Gotta win the league. Theyeve been disapointed with me in second because..."the board are slightly disapointed that the team is only on course for promotion". LOL. God, if I go up as 2nd place I reckon theyll sack me!

GRRRRRRRRR I just finished fourth with Blackburn, so was totally made up that I made the champions league. Arsenal finished fifth and then decided to win the Champions League Final so I am now moved down to the UEFA Cup. Gutted!!

Have to say that I am loving FM2008. In fact my total gaming time is being divided between FIFA 08, PES 2008 and FM 2008. Each game gives me total different reasons to enjoy it.

Sounds like your doing a better job than Hughes with Bburn Kamy :)

FM seems to be the only game I look forward to playing when I get home from work :)

I like the game. Am Celtic 3 points clear of Rangers and through to the last 16 of the CL. One thing I hate is silly messages from the board and spokesman like "we are disappointed with the 3-3 draw away to arsenal". I get to the last 16 of the CL and the club are complaining.

I came third and lost in the play off final to swansea by a penalty :|

I went shit towards the end of the season dunno what happend :(

How do guys, I am now entering the FM thread :) I played 06 and 07 a lot! Had phases where I would play a lot of FM, then a lot of Champions League on xbox. Haven't even got FM08 yet, though it does look good, and the trailer is ace :)

I actually quite like Jacks system of playing max 1 game per day, and I think this system could get me back hooked on FM again. I will look to pick up FM08 in the very near future :)

How do guys, I am now entering the FM thread :) I played 06 and 07 a lot! Had phases where I would play a lot of FM, then a lot of Champions League on xbox. Haven't even got FM08 yet, though it does look good, and the trailer is ace :)

I actually quite like Jacks system of playing max 1 game per day, and I think this system could get me back hooked on FM again. I will look to pick up FM08 in the very near future :)

Good stuff - I love the game. But I'm shit at it!

I love when you start a new season - I spend hours looking at players all over the world - seeing who is on a free transfer etc etc.

When you finally pick up a 'No name' and he turns out to be top class - its a great feeling.

The thing is I hate setting up the training and shit - so I just leave it. I would probably get more out of the game if I did - but my patience only goes so far.

One of my greatest gaming memories was taking arsenal to the champions league final against AC Milan - I went 3-1 down at half time totally changed my tactics etc and won 4-3 - it was the first time I won the Champions league aswell. I was literally jumping up and down and celebrating when the last goal went in.

This was years and years ago when I would play it non stop - when I was young and didn't have a Wife (and some would say life :) ) - Ahh those were the days :)

This latest one is brilliant - but I just can't spend enough time on it - unfortunately.

I've got a great game running as manager of Lubeck in the low German leagues. Doing pretty decent and currently third after ten games or so. Bought quite a lot of players (a couple are playing really well and the suppporters love!) and one signing and a loanee who are playing rubbish and the fans aren't amused with :)

The thing is I hate setting up the training and shit - so I just leave it. I would probably get more out of the game if I did - but my patience only goes so far.
It takes me literally two hours to do the very first day in Football Manager. I get the first team selected and seperated from the reserves, look through the staff and fire the guys who are no good, search the staff lists for coaches (the board always say "maximum of 2/3/4 coaches" but I have to have individual coaches for fitness, attacking, defending, tactics, shooting and free-kicks, at least), set each player to an individual training regime working on what he's crap at, ask the assistant manager who the best/worst players are (I love that he now tells you the worst area of the team), and then look at all the free players and see if we're interested in anyone (signed Jody Morris and Matt Jansen within days of starting FM08 - it was Don Hutchinson in FM07). Finally I set all the captains, free-kick takers etc., and make a formation that suits the team's strengths and weaknesses.

It kills me, and I hate it, but it's only one day in your career with that club, and it means your players make massive strides as opposed to going up, going down, going up, going down...

I never mess with training. I just go to the coaches and auto-assign.

Funnily enough, when I played the FM demo as Tranmere I also signed Jody Morris. The fans loved him :) Didn't like the look of Jansen, his stats weren't the best.

I'm kind of regretting signing him, but our two main central midfielders are awful, McLaren and Mullin. I've replaced them with Jansen and Morris, but I only play one match per day (self-discipline, otherwise I'd be on it until 5am every day) and I'm not out of pre-season yet, so we'll see if it was a wise choice...

I'm kind of regretting signing him, but our two main central midfielders are awful, McLaren and Mullin. I've replaced them with Jansen and Morris, but I only play one match per day (self-discipline, otherwise I'd be on it until 5am every day) and I'm not out of pre-season yet, so we'll see if it was a wise choice...

Thats the thing I hate bloody pre season - I just want to get stuck in. Its good for a couple of games to see how your new people do and to get a feel.

I am really impatient and it has come with age - I used to spend hours choosing the tactics etc etc when I was first playing it.

When I used to play CM/FM I'd say 2 hours before pressing the first continue would be conservative, I used to do so much stuff, then you finally think "is it time", "what have I forgotten to do", worst thing is when the AI has spotted some absolute bargain you've missed and you don't hear about it until too late, that always bugged me!

Hi guys,

Can someone who's got FM08 take screenshots of Marko Matic stats for me?

If possible can you start a new game so i can get his default stats?

NEVER EVER EVER let the game assign the coaches by default - it is a shambles...

buy 9 coaches, regardless of how many the board say you should have...

2 fitness coaches with fitness at least 18 if possible and set one on strength and one on aerobic

1 goalkeeper coach with gk ability of 18

1 tactical coach with tactical ability of 18

1 defending coach with defending ability of 18 and as high as possible on tactical ability

1 attacking coach with attacking ability of 18 and as high as possible on tactical ability

1 shooting coach with technical ability of 18 and attacking as high as possible

1 ball control coach with technique of 18 and mental ability as high as possible

1 set pieces coach with technical ability of at least 17 and as high as possible on mentality AND attacking

if you can find these coaches and some are with really shitty clubs or even unemployed, all your coaches will have 7-star training ability in each field.

just make sure you assign them manually otherwise there is no point...

Back
Top Bottom