First Impressions - Demo 17/09/09

its exactly the same as 2008 and 2009... just slower with more animations.... I played 2 matches and than deinstalled it... its just not worth playing... buying.. or even downloading it.

PES6 is still the best football game ever made.

its exactly the same as 2008 and 2009... just slower with more animations.... I played 2 matches and than deinstalled it... its just not worth playing... buying.. or even downloading it.

That is your opinion, but I disagree if you say it is exactly the same as 2008 and 2009, because it is totally NOT. Anyone can see/feel that instantly. My guess is that you just played to much PES6 to know the difference.

I think it plays slower and the reactions are slower, but this is not nessecary a bad thing. I'll keep my judgement until after the full release...

No sorry, but how can FIFA beat ProEvolutionSoccer? OK, on PC, no chance for FIFA, but console?

I say: FIFA on X360/PS3 = great game.
Pro Evolution Soccer on all platforms = great football/soccer.

for some reason the game stutters anyway of fixing this? iv tried all different types of combos in the settings and it hasnt fixed it

In the specs my CPU comes out as OK and the rest good - so it surely cant be my pc can it?

Glad i'm not the only one. My specs come out good on all requirements. And i also have tried all sorts of combos.

it mite just be as its the demo its not fully finished mayb?
or its a complatiabity issue - which i believe happened in pervoius versions and they sorted?

Think it was a vsync issue on vista, i have to use d3doverider to cure it on pes6, I've updated my ati drivers and turned d3doverider on and looks to have cured it.

Hello guys.....i say my opinion for the demo....

I play the PC demo of pes2010

I have strong computer cpu:qx9770 3d gtx 280X2 sli and 8gb ram monitor 27" Dell

I play in 1920X1200 all in full and high quality

Well after i play 12 matches i say this....

1---The shot is very good and a lot of times hit the post
2---The takling is very well and if maked from good position and not from behind the ref dond saw yellow cards like in pes2009.This is good because i like to play hard with a lot of taklings
3---The croses is like pes6 very well
4---The truth balls is perfect and the move players off the ball is good
5---The keepers need a lot work....i think
6---Short passing game have a lot of wrong passes
7---The graphics is perfect and is very close to reality
8---The people in stadium is like real
9---Fantasic atmosphair from sounds in Anfield when i play with Reds
10---Is a lot of better from pes2009

Some things to hapen in my game....

1)Torres go down and want penalty but ref give him yellow and the replay is correct about the decisions.Torres is from AI/COM player me i have Germany

2)I make a lot of shot with Ballack and 3 off them hit the post and one hit 3 times up and down the post...but dond go goal...

3)I make i super goal with Alonso after the ball hit 2 times in posts and goes goal...and this i make it save with FRAPS and soon i put the link its fantastic and real...

I think is very nice game...and i put 8.5/10 is much better from pes2009 but is not good like pes6 or pes5 who i give 9.5/10

But i think this game have the power to make you to want to play again and again because is good and is not pes2009 or FIFA 10

I dond know what hapened in ps3 or xbox360 and if fifa 10 there is better or no but in PC the king is PES2010 for this year....

I'm really enjoying playing this demo!:)

Great graphic and gameplay.
I should play more to judge the quality of keepers.
So far in my games not big mistakes, just great saves by SuperBuffon :)

I'm very disappointed by the chants..again!
NO AWAY TEAM CHANTS :CONFUSE:

How can Konami team say they listen to supporters/fans through the forums, when we all are disappointed since they "terminated" away team chants?

It's not the same thing listening both team supporters or just home team ones... too bad!

How to contact Seasbass for a patch? :APPLAUD:

p.s.
FIFA10 demo Vs PES2010 demo 0-3

Last edited:
When choosing your lineup, how do you now see the overview of a players skills? I don't see the old pentagon. :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
the demo is a very old code, the full game is miles ahead, oh konami oh konami youv done it again given us a sneak peak but not the full enjoyment

I hope you're right about that!! The game feels right this year, everything has been revamped. Visuals are amazing, a little too shimmery sometimes but that can be easily overlooked. The only main concern I have is that the player reactions can be weird at times. Sometimes they don't react quickly enough to the analog input. This is also the same for passing, they don't react sometimes when you pass the ball or they do it way too late which can throw your attack off balance. On the other hand penalties have finally been given a realistic feel (after how many years now), you now actually have control over your penalty kicks. The 360 degree dribbling will be very good, as long as they fix the player reaction time and I think it has a realistic feel to it.

Like Primepeace said let's hope it's the old code, If they can fix that aspect, I think KONAMI has finally got it right this year and PES will reign supreme.

the only bad point i don't like it's the "response" ... the game have to react faster, i press shoot and it takes hours until my player shoots, same for passing etc ... they have to do something to improve this for the final product and will be a great game.

oh also the 360 turning isn't exactly what i was expecting but anyway we can see an improvement in the directions we are running etc

I presume the code is about 2 months old seeming as Xabi Alonso is still at Liverpool in this build. Konami tend to have demos rather unfinished compared to the final product, so heres hoping things will only be better once the retail copy is out.

I don't want to speak too soon, but having converted to the dark side (FIFA) on PC last year, I am fairly convinced that Konami have taken a huge step back towards the golden years with this one. Really enjoying the demo.

I kind of enjoyed PES 2008 but it got old very quickly, which wasn't like the PES I remembered. Tried the PES 2009 demo and was shocked at how bad it felt to play - that kind of stop-start movement and passes launching like rockets at the slightest touch (many of you will know what I mean!).

But with PES 2010 it seems they've really ironed things out - we now have a game with a fairly realistic pace, good intelligent gameplay and the potential to score some really great goals.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but I found myself getting really excited playing this game - something I haven't really felt since PES 5. There's something about the way your teammates move around, the way your passes go exactly where you want them to (most of the time) and the sheer amount of goalscoring possibilities.

One of the most frustrating things I remember about past PES games, even the good ones, was that through balls were pretty much useless. Not so in 2010 - I have scored some fantastic goals with some very intelligent through balls. Finally the game is reading my mind, instead of coming up with its own ideas as to where the ball should land!

Really enjoying the crossing, too - just the right balance of goalmouth scrambles, last-gasp clearances and soaring headers. Again, some very pleasing goals have been scored.

I always give these games time to sink in before I can make a final judgement, but I've really enjoyed my first few games and I can see this being a really fun game this year, especially online.

konami hide the pc code every year until the full version because it's a top secret at the headquarters and because there are many intruders and programmers that can give away or edit the code themselves and proclaim that they have got a new soccer game, "thats why the demo is only for testing not playing the actual game", the demo is very very basic trust me, konami does suprise when least unexpected as they would when they release the full version next month.. the japanese are very very specific about the pc version don't you worry about that, i can tell you clearly that they have got 10 different versions of the game, they only put in maybe %30 of the game and implement it into the demo and say here you go guys hehe...

demo was never the actual game on the pc,

xbox 360 version has about %60 of the code in the gameplay

dont let this confuse you when the full version is released pc version will have all the expectations right now pes is not pes on pc lets call it fifa in the year 2025 nice way to tease ea

konami hide the pc code every year until the full version because it's a top secret at the headquarters and because there are many intruders and programmers that can give away or edit the code themselves and proclaim that they have got a new soccer game, "thats why the demo is only for testing not playing the actual game", the demo is very very basic trust me, konami does suprise when least unexpected as they would when they release the full version next month.. the japanese are very very specific about the pc version don't you worry about that, i can tell you clearly that they have got 10 different versions of the game, they only put in maybe %30 of the game and implement it into the demo and say here you go guys hehe...

demo was never the actual game on the pc,

xbox 360 version has about %60 of the code in the gameplay

dont let this confuse you when the full version is released pc version will have all the expectations right now pes is not pes on pc lets call it fifa in the year 2025 nice way to tease ea

Haha :LMAO:

I do love the way you eloquently put that.

I don't want to speak too soon, but having converted to the dark side (FIFA) on PC last year, I am fairly convinced that Konami have taken a huge step back towards the golden years with this one. Really enjoying the demo.

I kind of enjoyed PES 2008 but it got old very quickly, which wasn't like the PES I remembered. Tried the PES 2009 demo and was shocked at how bad it felt to play - that kind of stop-start movement and passes launching like rockets at the slightest touch (many of you will know what I mean!).

But with PES 2010 it seems they've really ironed things out - we now have a game with a fairly realistic pace, good intelligent gameplay and the potential to score some really great goals.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but I found myself getting really excited playing this game - something I haven't really felt since PES 5. There's something about the way your teammates move around, the way your passes go exactly where you want them to (most of the time) and the sheer amount of goalscoring possibilities.

One of the most frustrating things I remember about past PES games, even the good ones, was that through balls were pretty much useless. Not so in 2010 - I have scored some fantastic goals with some very intelligent through balls. Finally the game is reading my mind, instead of coming up with its own ideas as to where the ball should land!

Really enjoying the crossing, too - just the right balance of goalmouth scrambles, last-gasp clearances and soaring headers. Again, some very pleasing goals have been scored.

I always give these games time to sink in before I can make a final judgement, but I've really enjoyed my first few games and I can see this being a really fun game this year, especially online.

Good Review, I'm thinking the same thing too. There's just that fluid and balanced feel to your game and you feel like you actually control everything this time rather than watching your teammate scythe down the opposition player in the penalty box for absolutely no reason. Master League is also looking promising this year, there seems to be more depth to it from what I've read so far. I don't want to judge too soon either but right now things are looking quite promising.

Well... the difference in penalties confused me :P

YouTube - PES 2010 first penalty ever - LOL!

Yes , my friend same probleme me too ... I lost 2 penalty until now,i think that's a little bug and it's can be resolved ...

had that with pes 2009 at first.
i removed a "mini driver" from the devicemanager. it was installed by "real vnc" and pes thought it was my primary adapter- cheers.
download total drievr cleaner and check you card video ...///
the gamplay is very very slow(I hope that's only on Demo version);)

Yes , my friend same probleme me too ... I lost 2 penalty until now,i think that's a little bug and it's can be resolved ...

download total drievr cleaner and check you card video ...///
the gamplay is very very slow(I hope that's only on Demo version);)

It's not a bug bro, they changed the penalty system. You control the power of the shot and the height. So press it small only not too much

Hy guys. I played a lot of matchs in the top difficult level (Estrela, in portuguese), for the PC version of the demo.
I played with Barcelona, Liverpool, Italy, Spain and Germany. I won 07 matchs, lost 02 and draw 01.
My pros and cons are:

PROS:
- Amazing graphics, with excellent textures, nice turfs, stunning lightning and very quality models of players;
- The teams which you play against, are simulations of the "real-world" ones. Barcelona is very offensive, Liverpool, is very compact at the defense, Italy plays using the midfield a lot...;
- The top players really make the difference, they have a "genuine fell", when you control then;
- Is more harder now to dribble;
- The rhythm, the speed and the pace of the game is very good;
- Improved ball physics;
- Very improved A.I. for the midfielders and defenders,
- Improved A.I. to the fowards;
- Tactics Menu is very functional and effective;
- Good music and menus;
- No loadings.

CONS:
- Very crap A.I. for the goalkeepers;
- Lots of own goals (to be true, there was for me or to the CPU, at least, one goal in SEVEN matchs! Simply unbelievable!!!);
- The sound of the ball looks like a watermelon;
- The sound of the crowd/supporters/fans is VERY poor;
- A little bit unresponsive controls;
- Player's physics of contact is a little bit better, but light-years of distance from the EA's game;
- The animations aren't that good. There are lots of new animations, but ALL of them looks like old-gen, especially the master-trash-running animation;
- Very crap A.I. for the goalkeepers (yes, it's need to be mentioned again!).

So, said that (sorry for my bad/poor english), i think the game is a GREAT improvement from the last version. The gameplay is great, very fun, and potentially very deep. I think, which in this year we will have two great football/soccer games, both with pros and cons. IF, the online gameplay for the PES 2010 works well, so it will be a great buy, to fans and no fans.

My specs are very commom, and the game runned smoothly on then: Core 2 Duo E4600, 4 GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 (1 GB version), Windows XP SP 2. At the Nvidia control Panel i boosted the graphics and the v-sync of the game, and it was nice for me. Very smooth...

Again, sorry for my bad english. :))

even of there was a pc with 10 cores this demo will still be a dissapointing demo after all, i recommend playing this game on the xbox 360 until the full game is released on the pc, at this stage the pc demo is useless

i think that making the dribbling harder is actually a downside. It makes the players seem clumsy and in real life there are even not so known players who have good dribbling ability. So, if its difficult to dribble with Messi then its obvious dribbling with a lower player is impossible. not realistic imo..

i have to point out again that konami did not give the pc users a fair go with this demo i mean solely because of the slack responsiveness of players oh come on who would wanna bother play it like that, i knew this was gona happen now the release date of october 29 will back fire on people playing the game, this would cause a stir once again to why konami make two different demos on two systems when its a port from the pc, im not gona buy a gold membership on the xbox 360 just to download and play the game, unless someone patches this demo on the pc, and yea konami wanted to market this game on the xbox 360 because thats where the revenue is, most people on the pc will use other methods to access the full game, of course they know that the pc version of the full game will be better, they just wanna see how good the programming skills of pc users are so they can cover up anything that needs to be patched, konami is not really interested in the pc users who want a decent soccer game, iv never seen any japanese playing the game on the pc no offence this is a proven trend so they now have forced people to play it on the console for a better responsiveness, i still dont understand why the pc demo is ignored this much, yeah there is extra money in the console business they think about that first, gameplay on the pc is a boring experience, just the graphics shine thats about it, if you look at konamis website there advertisements are based on console games, money is not everthing, most people dont have consoles konami needs to understand that they never use the console to design the game only for testing purposes, then why releae this strange demo on the pc if its gonna differ from the console version when its roots are designed on the pc version

What's with the weird lighting? The players look oddly illuminated, and why is there one bright patch on the right hand side of the pitch? Looks so unnatural. Hope this is fixed in the final version.

i have to point out again that konami did not give the pc users a fair go with this demo i mean solely because of the slack responsiveness of players oh come on who would wanna bother play it like that, i knew this was gona happen now the release date of october 29 will back fire on people playing the game, this would cause a stir once again to why konami make two different demos on two systems when its a port from the pc, im not gona buy a gold membership on the xbox 360 just to download and play the game, unless someone patches this demo on the pc, and yea konami wanted to market this game on the xbox 360 because thats where the revenue is, most people on the pc will use other methods to access the full game, of course they know that the pc version of the full game will be better, they just wanna see how good the programming skills of pc users are so they can cover up anything that needs to be patched, konami is not really interested in the pc users who want a decent soccer game, iv never seen any japanese playing the game on the pc no offence this is a proven trend so they now have forced people to play it on the console for a better responsiveness, i still dont understand why the pc demo is ignored this much, yeah there is extra money in the console business they think about that first, gameplay on the pc is a boring experience, just the graphics shine thats about it, if you look at konamis website there advertisements are based on console games, money is not everthing, most people dont have consoles konami needs to understand that they never use the console to design the game only for testing purposes, then why releae this strange demo on the pc if its gonna differ from the console version when its roots are designed on the pc version

That was a chore to read. You ever heard of full stops?

Back
Top Bottom