First Impressions - Demo 17/09/09

The response times are perfect when vsync is disabled. However, the game starts stuttering when it's disabled.

I experience no difference in response times with VSync on or off. Both are fine for me - just a short gap for the animation to take place (as it should be).

I wonder what's causing it!

After about 30 games with the demo i can say that i dont like it.
Its for sure an improvement over 2009, but somehow it doesnt do it for me.
Graphics are fantastic. This game has the most beautifull replays i have seen sofar. Then again, i really dont like the running animations, they take away a lot from the game.

Everyone will say : its gameplay thats important. I agree of course. But for me atmosphere is also important. Atmosphere is what is always lacking in a standard pes game. With standard i mean unpatched. I hate the unlicensed teams, ugly balls, pitches etc etc. Thanks to the patching community this is solved. I'm sure they are going to do a great job with pes2010.
I played pes2010 on the wide cam, and you can see very well that the players look weird. Too long and thin, again with some crazy running animations (crazy? i mean so damn ugly).
The pace of the game is another thing. I dont mind that they slow down the gameplay, but this feels.....weird....sluggish. As if the game is played in water which slows everything down.
Then the shooting. Its much better then before, but i see too many shots going up in the topcorner. And then there's tricks. What can i say : i dont like them.
They look cool, but for me the strong point of pes was always the lack of tricks. There was the cancel shot thingy and maybe another one (cant remember right now) but that was it. It made tricking an opponent very fulfilling.
So, in the end the game has improved a little, but not enough for me to prefer it over my fully patched pes6.
Perhaps the final version will be a little better. With the responsiveness improved and the sluggishness gone.
I hope for everyone that the online part works like a charm this year, in which case loads of people will have a blast.

Why some people say the pace of the gameplay is too slow?
I still think the pace is too fast and looks unrealistic, or else its my settings thats wrong somewhere.
Suddenly when I look in the replay with slower pace, even the motion looks better, not as jerky as when in gameplay mode...
Also noticed that some players changing direction even though both feets are in the air.

I suppose the pace have to be a little bit faster then IRL, as we cant compress 90 mins to 10 and still have all the happenings of a real football match.

I've had a good few games of this on 360 and PC, Its a good version of pes and a big improvement on 09, but the game-play feels like a 5 year old game, its now light years behind fifa on the 360.

Everything about the game seems automated, the passing is way to fast and accurate, a pass into space is virtually none existent.

The whole this thing feels rigid, where as fifa feels flexible and fluent.

Sorry 4 or 5 years ago yes this would of been a great football game, but standards are being set. and this is far below them.

I feel the game has improved. I thought PES 6 was the best version whilst 08 & 09 were dissapointing. The gameplay feels much better. However, I so want them to bring back the retrospective yellow cards where ref plays on and delays a booking til play eventually stops again. Does anyone know if this is back? Also can the keepers come up in the dying moments for a corner to try and rescue a defeat?

thanks
Wayne

How do I use a PS3 pad on PC?

EDIT: Figured it out.

Too bad I have a 128mb vram so its choppy. Meh.

Last edited:
I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about the crappy manual switching (L1 / LB) in the new PES. It really annoys the hell out of me. I really can't afford to have to press L1 anything up to 8 times to choose the player I actually want when I'm defending a counter attack. It's unbelievably stupid and really pisses me off. :@

The demo shows real promise, but it's far from perfect. Like previous versions it has it's serious flaws, but I will happily suffer crappy goalkeepers for a decent online experience (but why should I?).

It should be easy for Konami to provide network statistics to weed-out cheaters. Bring back the community feel and develop it into a better series of leagues / cups.

C'mon Konami - stop pissing about and sort it out!

Last edited:
Does anyone know hw to control a ball from the air?
when the AI does it, the chest it down with ease, so how do we go about doing this aswel? my player usually just stands there :\

Back
Top Bottom