First Impressions - Demo 17/09/09

its exactly the same as 2008 and 2009... just slower with more animations.... I played 2 matches and than deinstalled it... its just not worth playing... buying.. or even downloading it.

PES6 is still the best football game ever made.

For God sake, theres nothing common in 2008 and 2009!!!

The only problem with 2010...the shots, it looks like in 2008 which was the biggest mistake in that game, but now ill test it in 15min matches.
And thank God no more rebound goals like in pes2009 which was the only bad thing with that game.

this is wihout doubt the best football game for PC made so far, the best pes ever... and it's only old demo code... i can't imagine how good the full version will be... those who don't like it should only watch this game on tv... or buy ps3 and play fifa 10...

I've readed U'rs review Guys and mostly are Very Good, but I think is one IMPORTANT thing in new PES2010 demo (and I hope in full game too), I play PES form PES 3 till now every version and:

-Finally we got some VERY GOOD BALL Physics and real behaviour, NO MORE sticky BALL to the players like every other PES and I think this is BIG STEP forward is not game any more it START to be real SIM

other things
BIG PLUS:

-Real NEXT GAME graphic, faces like in NBA 2k9 (King of game SIM for me)
-Realy good players animation much betters than 09
-Good AI on demo (I wait for FULL game, We will se AI in "become a Legend" mode because on 09 was BIG SH**)

MINUS

-STILL POOR Goalie AI and animations I think

OVERALL That is just DEMO and I can't wait for Full game, I got lucky because I play soccer on PC since fifa 94 and after 14 years (I palayed fifa 94 in 1995r) i see amazing Progress year by year BUT NOW IS BIG STEP FORWARD and This Will be THE TRUTH NEXT GEN football GAME

Oh and one more thing, Please don't compare PES to FIFA because about 5 years fifa dont exist for me JUST see how looks FIFA Ball Physics and that explain EVERYTHING

PEACE

Last edited:
its exactly the same as 2008 and 2009... just slower with more animations.... I played 2 matches and than deinstalled it... its just not worth playing... buying.. or even downloading it.

PES6 is still the best football game ever made.

Try FIFA 2010 on Consoles or even console FIFA 09 before it.

As for PES 2010, I have never been more dissapointed by a PES game ever before. At least 2008 was fast and fluid. 360 movement is a lie, they have slowed the game down a bit but not given the gamer any nuance of control in those 'slowed down' animation drawing movements where you know that you will lose the ball before you even receive it but are powerless to do anything about it. I mean, this is what FIFA 08 was like which suggests to me that PES are two years behind FIFA.

As usual, all the hype and hot air coming from the blogs is nothing more than just that.

I read somewhere that the demo they released is actually an 'old' build. First thing, if Konami actually released an old faulty version of the game then they are damn stupid but secondly, that story is bullshit. What you see is more or less what you are going to get here as it has always been with past demos.

Once again, Konami are going to release a dog and they deserver all the derision that they are going to get.

Could somebody tell me if there's a way to set up a level of "speed" of cursor's player changing (the one done with L1). I've skipped last version of PES and all i see now is: auto, semi-assisted, and no assist. In PES 2008 I could set the frequency of player changing in semi-auto - what has happend with that?

I guess my first impression is fair less positive than most who already wrote here.
In the game defense i must say that it did improve compared to previous efforts, but we are far form the marketing proclamations.
Graphics are good, yet the lighting system is really weird, the light is way too white and most players look like they are bloodless.
Pace is also really good, but I'm only referring to the overall game speed, on the other side players are often rigid and not responsive enough. Maybe this is caused by the animation system that could be improved. Same thing for the goal keepers, they are better but they still need work. I've already seen some stupid goals, some unappropriated positioning and some really bizarre movement (or lack of movement). Again it might only be animations and not stupid AI. Referees are obviously far from perfect but they are a nice step forward.
Shooting seems ok. Through passes not always, especially then a player in a center position tries to make one for a player on the sides, even if they have a ton of space, the pass is often way too short and on the defenders, on the other side high through passes, on the center are incredibly easy. And this is my main issue. While I agree with those who say that defense players have a much better, or even smarter positioning, that they tend to better cover spaces if one of them for some reason advances and things like this, they are really not aggressive enough. I guess this is a problem for some teams occasionally in real games, but if a play a video game at the highest difficulty level I expect that at least some basic stuff are done right.
I did so many slaloms in small spaces close to the goals, simply walking around defenders who never try to catch the ball, I did so many successful long center passes over the defense, had so many times the space for long shoots (well not that long, 16 to 20m) to see that clearly something is wrong, given a couple of weeks of practice, to get the right timings, these would end in so many goals, and it kind of feel boring even before it is.
Lastly as usual music, menus, chants, and supporters are really poor... plus the lack of the visual representation of skill (what people call pentagon here) is a step backward I don't understand, even if, I'm happy to see the overall player score decrease when you put him in positions he shouldn't be.
Ball physics are generally ok, but sometimes during player collisions the resulting behavior of the ball is totally wrong.
As always player selection is more than debatable to say the least.

I forgot to add something about the defenders, and it is true also about the goalkeepers, they tend to loose a lot of balls in embarrassing ways and situations, be it because of poor control after an easy and simple passes, or because they tend to go forward too much with the ball even when a striker puts pressure on them and a lot of team mates are free...

Last edited:
sounds promising, downloading now.

Really want PES to succeed and get back at Fifa. Fifa is nice but never had the same depth and feeling as a good ML on a decent game of PES (3, 5 and 6)

Cons:

- Seen a lot of stupid deflected goals going in.
- Response is way too slow. I have hard time dribbling along the lines and side sine you can't turn.
- GK's just go up on their own in 1-1.

That's what I have noticed. Does game play get improved in the final version usually or stays the same?

Cons:

- Seen a lot of stupid deflected goals going in.
- Response is way too slow. I have hard time dribbling along the lines and side sine you can't turn.
- GK's just go up on their own in 1-1.

That's what I have noticed. Does game play get improved in the final version usually or stays the same?

This Demo on pc is @ 50/60% xbox and ps3 @ 70%, so the final version should have a different gameplay than this version. Cause the 70% version is very stable and plays very nice.
But don´t judge the demo on the little bugs or dribbling issues thats why its called a "DEMO" an unfinished version of a Game for gamers to test and get a first impression of it, and if this version is really @ 50% like people are sayin then we don't have to worry about anything ;)

Only tried on ps3 so far

Basically it's crap no PES 5,6

You pass the ball (funny solid noises) a few time ups the pitch...shoot from 20-30 yards..score...repeat...goalies are piss...any decent shooter will always score within 30 yards at nearly any angle...Or mayeb Im just amazing at shooting?

I am having much more fun with FIFA 10....AND I was the biggest PES lover FIFA hater (not including pes 2008 2009)

The game is so simple and easy..and rather linear and clunky and boring

FIFA seems to have a more dynamic smooth gameplay like the old pro evos

The lighting is really off! Too damn bright, especially in the penalty area. Other than that the game is starting to grow on me.

1º prós:

- o gráfico está lindo não precisa trabalhar muito.
- a jogabilidade está muito boa e envolvente.
- o GK está no manual e dá pra fazer altas defesas.
- o zagueiros não vão igual um trem bala, no :square: + X.
- o time visitante é vaiado pela torcida.

2º Contras:

- os torcedores só fica sentada.
- os torcedores não usam a camisa do time.
- o chants são somente do time da casa, e os visitantes não cantam.

1 pros:

- The graphic is beautiful does not need to work hard.
- The gameplay is very good and engaging.
- GK's in the manual and it sure do high defenses.
- The defenders are not going like a bullet train, the :square: + X.
- The visiting team is booed by the crowd.

[google trasnlator]

2 Cons:
- The fans just sits.
- The fans do not wear the team shirt.
- The chants are just the home team, and visitors do not sing.

Last edited:
Games definitely grown on me after being able to play 10 min matches instead of 5.. To me it seems quite hard to break down the oppositions defense.. Thats on Top Player anyway..

If they just sort out the response times and smooth it out, it would certainly be a step up from pes 09..

don't like the aerial balls at all. they go way too high when spraying cross field.

little forward dinks aren't very good either.

Not really impressed actually. Even when I wasn´t expecting too much, this wasn´t what I expected.

PROS:
- Great graphics, they solved fraps problems bringing back 2D crowd.
- Lots of cool details.

CONTRAS:

- Cool details and graphics are noth enough, gameplay is the most important thing and actually not very impressive on this game.

- Goalkeepers still make some HORRIBLE mistakes wich cost you incredible goals.

- I really don´t feel control over my players (must be because of three years playing PES6, still the best football simulator).

- Player reactions seems to never come some times, I HOPE this is a demo problem.

-Most of the times (when you make a pass) players DON´T RUN to the ball like there´s no opponent running to get it too. That´s really realistic my friend seabass...

- Freekicks are WAY too easy to score just like previous "next-gen" version.

- If you go to penalty shootout try this: when you´re the goalkeeper simply keep pressing square (do not touch directional or analog stick) and all the penalties from CPU will go outside, hit the post, or to where your keeper is standing (that would be the middle of the goal, yes).

I don´t feel excitement playing this, in fact, I feel frustrated.

I´ve only played like 6 matches and I bet we´ll find more things like this...

This Demo on pc is @ 50/60% xbox and ps3 @ 70%, so the final version should have a different gameplay than this version. Cause the 70% version is very stable and plays very nice.
But don´t judge the demo on the little bugs or dribbling issues thats why its called a "DEMO" an unfinished version of a Game for gamers to test and get a first impression of it, and if this version is really @ 50% like people are sayin then we don't have to worry about anything ;)

I think you´re not 100% correct:

-Most of the bug on the demo are not little at all.
-A DEMO is not a 50% of the game, since it is an UNCOMPLETE/LIMITED version of the game that is released for gamers to try and then BUY the FINAL/COMPLETE version based on the impressions they´ve got from the demo. I think that what we´re playing today is a 85-90% version.
So yes, we have to worry indeed, because KONAMI did the same last two years and final version of previous games wasn´t THAT different from their demos, with some horrible bugs still in final versions and gameplay still crap...

Last edited:
My First impression?

I *LOVE* that Delphic track 'Counterpoint' - brilliant, so glad Konami has "some" decent music on the game, Chemical Brothers have 3 tracks on the demo, or was it 4? :D

Personaly,i'm sad to tell you that i'm very dissapointed!From the one hand,many things have been improved and of course there is no comparison between pes2009 and pes2010.From the other hand,i don't understand why konami didnt changed the gameplay :( Of course the gamepace have been slowed down but i think the fact that the gameplay looks like pes2009 (animations etc) and there's a delay in player's control,it recruits the hole presentation of the game.To conclude,i believe that if konami would fix these problems (pes5-6 gameplay,better animations and fix the delay) then pes2010 could be the best game of the series.

Have a nice day...

My first impressions weren't that great, but that was a few days ago. Now, I love it. The three things I want to see sorted in the full game are:

1. Penalties. I've figured out how to take them (successfully) and it's an OK system, but I've often scored with low hard ones down the middle - the keepers seem to have a job saving those. That leads nicely into:

2. Keepers. I've seen them make some right howlers.

3. A proper matchday atmosphere with both home and away fans chanting. Omitting this in PES 2009 partially ruined the atmosphere for me and I was't happy to see it was the same in PES 10's demo.

I think you´re not 100% correct:

-Most of the bug on the demo are not little at all.
-A DEMO is not a 50% of the game, since it is an UNCOMPLETE/LIMITED version of the game that is released for gamers to try and then BUY the FINAL/COMPLETE version based on the impressions they´ve got from the demo. I think that what we´re playing today is a 85-90% version.
So yes, we have to worry indeed, because KONAMI did the same last two years and final version of previous games wasn´t THAT different from their demos, with some horrible bugs still in final versions and gameplay still crap...

Admins/mods at PESFan say it's around 70% build.

I think its absolutely excellent, one of my main gripes about 2008 and 2009 is that they felt like WIPs, it might only be a demo but it feels much more refined and complete, unlike previous installments which were very rough round the edges.

The gameplay seems to work together in a much more smooth and slick manner, without appearing robotic or scripted. The combination of improvements in dribbling, touches, passing and movement mean that its now possible to produce some real slick interplay without having to fear the dreaded retarded pass from dirk kuyt etc. The players just seem to gel much better as a team, leading to a game that has an immaculate balance between dribbling and passing in my eyes, away from the ridiculously dribble orientated pes 2009.

The biggest potential game play bane seems to be the keepers, and although it is nowhere near as game changing as the many ridiculous farces in 2009 there have been a few moments of questionable keeping. Keepers seem to be a bit weak in 1 on 1s and they still suck bad at collecting corners, one particular area that konami have never quite been able to get the balance on.

However that said i feel that this may well be most complete pes yet, with smooth realistic gameplay and no jarring flaws, so we can all just forget about those god damn autoslides that cost me and many other pes players a sh*tload of money.

well , i have never ever wanted to play pes so much like this pes 2010 demo , since pes5 and we 2002.

i am really loving it. normally , when i play pes , i play one or two games and am quite fed up. this pes2010 (demo but with 15 min tweak ) i just can't stop playing :)

there are some ai bugs ( very rare but do happen , like a cpu player continously running the same direction ) but this is really great. i am having the feeling of playing pes5 / we 2002 :) ( when i most fond memories of pes are )

one note though : i really CANNOT spot the responsive button lag bug. i tried and tried again to test it , but when i press the pass and the shoot button, the command is given right away to the player. it may be a vsync / refresh rate / cpu thing ( i have a quad core with an ati 4890 ).
i actually am in fear that konami changes anything from the demo. it seems spot on perfect on my system. the flow is well connected (no lags or anything) and i can generally make play through the midfield.

if they remove the ai bugs ( like running same direction till crossing the sideline ) and do a good proper master league , this is a winner.

Admins/mods at PESFan say it's around 70% build.

I hope so...
Now, we have to be carefull with the things we hear from the guys who review PES´series, because this time ALL of them where saying from the beggining that this game had came to take back KONAMI´s reputation, to put them back in the "trone" of football simulators...and clearly it isn´t that way... KONAMI had lost their way with the "next-gen" and it seems they can get back to it, I really hope that this is a 70% build, i hope that this is a 50% build, and that KONAMI can bring us again a good football simulator, or I´ll simply stay with PES6 just like last 2 years, and maybe who knows, try FIFA on next -gen consoles...
Other thing I can´t understand is how some guys are comparing PES2010 with PES2009 and PES2008, I think that PEs died on 2008 and 2007, last PES that worth any comparison is PES6 wich I consider the most beautiful game of PES´s series until this date.:WORSHIP:

After having played the demo for a few days, i must say that i am really starting to like it.
I like the fact that for example a team is behind in the score, right at the start of the 2nd half they play a more attacking game, trying to make an equalizer.
My only problems sofar :

- i feel i am not so in control of my players. Maybe this takes some getting used to, i dont know.

- the responsiveness. Although it is realistic that players need time to control the ball i really feel it is a bug in the game.
I have had some situations before the goal, with low crosses where the striker only needs to tip in the ball. I press shoot long before the ball arrives and still the player tries to control the ball before shooting.
That is really off. Hopefully they will make it a little smoother in the final release.

Needless to say, the game needs a LOT of patching from the community.
Chants are absolutely horrible. I dont like the grass. Btw, the lighting looks too damn bright in the penalty area (at anfield)
A good thing that there is the ISS team, who im sure will work wonders with this game

Back
Top Bottom