FIFA10 PC: Rumors of Next Gen!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it may be better to look at, but as a football simulation it would not be any better at all unless someone made a gameplay patch (which would probably be nigh on impossible).

All last gen FIFAs on PC had editable physics and AI....much deeper stuff than any pes....the problem was that the very essence of the game was pathetic....if even PES2009 had the gameplay editing deph of FIFAs I would be very happy....

So it's not difference that would make it "by far a better footy sim".

Football is not only the pitch....If PES had a football manager like side it would have a tough fight with fifa...because it would offer something that FIFA did not.

A lot of PC gamers who post on forums i've been on have just been annoying people who, as I said before, always try to emphasise their PC's supposed superiority over consoles and they take gaming so seriously,

You also take gaming way too seriously same as me we are in a forum discussing games....plus you are analysing football games beyond seriousness in every single detail...otherwise you would still play PES2009....so I guess you are not that different.

so I just find it funny when they don't get their own way and have a tantrum about it.
No, it's one of the only games I play on my PC.

I guess you are a PC gamer after all...because youre forced to be one....you dont get it your way because FM2009 is a PC exclusive.
Lastly I have a question for you: can you find me a SINGLE point of inferiority of a NG FIFA10 on PC compared to the console counterparts....

All last gen FIFAs on PC had editable physics and AI....much deeper stuff than any pes....the problem was that the very essence of the game was pathetic....if even PES2009 had the gameplay editing deph of FIFAs I would be very happy....
If someone made a gameplay patch which made the gameplay of the PC version a lot better, then I would accept that it would be the better version to have. Gameplay patches can mess up online play though.

Football is not only the pitch....If PES had a football manager like side it would have a tough fight with fifa...because it would offer something that FIFA did not.
I know that, but would you play FM if the match engine was totally unrealistic? I know I wouldn't, so PES could have any sort of fantastic game mode but once you proceed to a match and play/watch it and it's boring then I wouldn't bother with it. That's why I don't like FIFA Manager, I actually thought the off-pitch stuff was alright in that.

You can't just rely on the belief that such a mod would be anywhere near the level of FM anyway.

You also take gaming way too seriously same as me we are in a forum discussing games....plus you are analysing football games beyond seriousness in every single detail...otherwise you would still play PES2009....so I guess you are not that different.
I don't understand what you're getting at - being in a forum discussing games means you take gaming too seriously, so every single member of this site does? Also, your other point is pretty silly as well, so everyone who plays FIFA instead of PES does so because they "analyse football games beyond seriousness in every single detail"? I play FIFA because I think it's far more realistic than PES, nothing to do with analysing everything about it.

I guess you are a PC gamer after all...because youre forced to be one....you dont get it your way because FM2009 is a PC exclusive.
I'm not really a "PC gamer", I use the PC for other stuff like the internet, MSN, email etc. It just happens that FM runs well enough on it for me to play it, I didn't buy a gaming PC specifically to play any new games, and FM isn't the sort of game i'd play on 360 anyway.

Lastly I have a question for you: can you find me a SINGLE point of inferiority of a NG FIFA10 on PC compared to the console counterparts....
More people having headsets for voice chat online, no chance of hacking/database editing to cheat online, people I know playing it rather than having to play random people, ease of offline multiplayer (getting two people to sit on unfomfortable chairs in front of a PC monitor isn't the best).

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone made a gameplay patch which made the gameplay of the PC version a lot better, then I would accept that it would be the better version to have. Gameplay patches can mess up online play though.

Thats my point imagine a FIFA10 PC with a gameplay patch? That would be the result of a huge betatesting tweaking?

I know that, but would you play FM if the match engine was totally unrealistic? I know I wouldn't, so PES could have any sort of fantastic game mode but once you proceed to a match and play/watch it and it's boring then I wouldn't bother with it. That's why I don't like FIFA Manager, I actually thought the off-pitch stuff was alright in that.

Have you seen the 3d match engine of FM2009? Its like Virtua Striker 1....but the point isnt there...the point is that for a long time people dream about a complete footy sim with both the match and off the pitch combined....with the FIFA MM being so deep it has a huge potential of modding to approach the FM off pitch thats another huge reason I want a FIFA10 NG on PC.

You can't just rely on the belief that such a mod would be anywhere near the level of FM anyway.

even if its 30% of the FM features FM itself has 0 on the pitch interactivity and gameplay so whatever satisfies people...

I don't understand what you're getting at - being in a forum discussing games means you take gaming too seriously, so every single member of this site does? Also, your other point is pretty silly as well, so everyone who plays FIFA instead of PES does so because they "analyse football games beyond seriousness in every single detail"? I play FIFA because I think it's far more realistic than PES, nothing to do with analysing everything about it.

Should I quote your long wide posts with in deph analysis of "foot planting", "manual passing", "Manual shooting", animations, physics, 360 degree movement? Do you call that "Casual"? :CONFUSE:

I'm not really a "PC gamer", I use the PC for other stuff like the internet, MSN, email etc. It just happens that FM runs well enough on it for me to play it, I didn't buy a gaming PC specifically to play any new games, and FM isn't the sort of game i'd play on 360 anyway.

Youve just described 90% of all people that play games on their pcs....so there are virtually no "PC gamers"...I did not buy a "Gaming PC" I bought a prebuilt HP Pavilion as a work/media PC ....the PC costed me £380 not a huge deal for a "hardcore serious PC gamer" dont you think? Hell people paid £425 for PS3s...

More people having headsets for voice chat online,

If they are strangers AKA racist teens with their squeaky voices no thanks....plus voip and skype work wonders...

no chance of hacking/database editing to cheat online,

Punkbuster? Plus Ive never heard anyone cheating online in pes....apart from uploading which is also quite popular in console world...

people I know playing it rather than having to play random people,

Sooo the PC forces you to NOT play against people you know? Also there is something called Xfire? Friend lists?

ease of offline multiplayer (getting two people to sit on unfomfortable chairs in front of a PC monitor isn't the best).

Here I will partly agree...however I dont have the cash for an HDTV and even I had one I have nowere to put it in my room soooo I use my 22" TFT 1680x1050 where me and my flatmate have countless ML seasons....

Compared to the pathetic last gen FIFA09? Even the hilarius PES2008 is better....I cannot imagine PES2010 being worst than FIFA on the PC if the last one is still last gen...

Compared to WE9 and Pes 5. I don't believe that pes 2010 will be worse than fifa 10 on pc, but what has that got to do with anything?

Compared to WE9 and Pes 5. I don't believe that pes 2010 will be worse than fifa 10 on pc, but what has that got to do with anything?

It has to do with the fact that if PES2008 oboliterates FIFA09 PC imagine what will PES2010 (if we go by KONAMIs press) do with poor FIFA10 if its not NG....and if online is stable in PES2010...KONAMI will simply dominate an entire platform 100% monopoly...and I just hope that EA wakes up and doesnt just give up an entire platform out of hatred....

Obviously they don't hate PCs, they have a separate team for the PC version, if they did hate it they wouldn't bother with it. I too think they chose wrong way to go with the PC version, but now when they have invested in making a PC version from the PS2 version they will probably stick with it a couple of years and just add more advanced/performance heavy parts every year.

Obviously they don't hate PCs, they have a separate team for the PC version, if they did hate it they wouldn't bother with it. I too think they chose wrong way to go with the PC version, but now when they have invested in making a PC version from the PS2 version they will probably stick with it a couple of years and just add more advanced/performance heavy parts every year.

Invested? Can you elaborate on that please?

They have invested time and money in making the PS2 version scale up and down on the PC platform. Are you telling me that they have not spent money on this? Could you please tell me why they have a whole PC team if they didn't have to invest time and money to convert it? Please go ahead.

They have invested time and money in making the PS2 version scale up and down on the PC platform. Are you telling me that they have not spent money on this? Could you please tell me why they have a whole PC team if they didn't have to invest time and money to convert it? Please go ahead.

Wait a sec....the PS2 engine was converted back in 2001 since then I can bet my left arm that they have made 100 times the money....
So its 2009 and they still want to milk that cow till its bleeding?
And what scaling? For CHrists sake its PS2 we are talking about...the lowest of the low end machine today can play any PS2 port maxxed....even a £300 LAPTOP....
As for that market PR BS that EA keeps feeding us like we are retards:
http://www.pricewatch.com/computer_systems_with_os/
Look at those prices and those CPUs 99% of them Dual core....
so NO EA the market has plenty of CPUs its the GPU side thats weak...no excuse can make us ignore the reality....

It sometimes seems as if EA are making the PC game unplayable on purpose...it seems to me that some omissions would eat more time out of the producers' time than if they were included on the PC

Wait a sec....the PS2 engine was converted back in 2001 since then I can bet my left arm that they have made 100 times the money....
So its 2009 and they still want to milk that cow till its bleeding?
And what scaling? For CHrists sake its PS2 we are talking about...the lowest of the low end machine today can play any PS2 port maxxed....even a £300 LAPTOP....
As for that market PR BS that EA keeps feeding us like we are retards:
Look at those prices and those CPUs 99% of them Dual core....
so NO EA the market has plenty of CPUs its the GPU side thats weak...no excuse can make us ignore the reality....

So? They still have to take something that was created for a fixed platform and make it scale up and down (obviously not lower than ps2) without any difference (important for online).

Same way as if they took the current gen version but then they had to work the other way around, focusing on scaling down. The obvious reason they chose the PS2 version is because it makes it so much easier to just add stuff than to completely rewrite the multi core hardcoded current gen version to scale down perfectly to single core. You have to understand that PES is using their old engine and have added stuff to it. They have just added more than EA have done (even though I would say PES current gen is pretty much PS2 with better graphics and maybe slightly better physics).

Edit: Just to make sure what kind of person I'm talking to, do you know anything about programming? In general or game specific programming?

So? They still have to take something that was created for a fixed platform and make it scale up and down (obviously not lower than ps2) without any difference (important for online).

Same way as if they took the current gen version but then they had to work the other way around, focusing on scaling down. The obvious reason they chose the PS2 version is because it makes it so much easier to just add stuff than to completely rewrite the multi core hardcoded current gen version to scale down perfectly to single core. You have to understand that PES is using their old engine and have added stuff to it. They have just added more than EA have done (even though I would say PES current gen is pretty much PS2 with better graphics and maybe slightly better physics).

Edit: Just to make sure what kind of person I'm talking to, do you know anything about programming? In general or game specific programming?

Lets take it from the top:
EA claims that their No1 reason is that the market does not have CPUs powerful enough to run FIFA NG....
As I said before and PROVED that multicore CPU powered machines are more than just standard they are a NORM.
Second http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.video.sony-playstation2/msg/62ff83d96ea78ea9?hl=en

In the above article the brainwashed hyped up and buzz word myth of ultra UBER console CPUs is put to death.
But lets say that EA is right...that they find it unprofitable to port to PC because they are market geniuses (http://kotaku.com/5145766/ea-loses-641m-over-holiday-quarter-increases-layoffs-closures again not true) now are the following companies IDIOTS?:
Square Enix: Last Remnant - A FREAKING JRPG on PC!!!
RockStar: GTAIV - Huge world VERY CPU heavy that runs and looks better (now thats patched) on a £400 PC than a £300 game machine.
SEGA: Virtua Tennis 2009 - The PURE EPITOME of NEXT GENERATION GAMING ON PC
2kSports - The impossible for the FIRST TIME IN PC HISTORY NBA2k9 on PC
Criterion - PUBLISHED BY EA!!!! Burnout NEXT GEN for the FIRST time AGAIN on PC!!!
Capcom: RESIDENT EVIL5 - The creme de la creme of NG gaming on PC...and tatatatatataaaaa........... STREET FIGHTER 4 on PC....

Is it me or EA is under pure panic in the keeping the PR alive? Finding one excuse after another? For me EA is too greedy they dont want to port FIFA NG on the PC on one hand and on the other they just refuse to lose any market share on the platform....they decieve people by advertising the PC version while using the Xbox360 media....but so much for them I believe that EA will have to step up to KONAMI's press or the monopoly of PES on an ENTIRE platform is guaranteed.

PS
As a note do you think that FIFA09 is more demanding than this CPU WISE?
Empire2009-03-0900-25-40-07.jpg

Empire2009-03-0900-25-49-56.jpg

Empire2009-03-0900-26-18-51.jpg

Jesus christ. No one has said that PCs couldn't run FIFA09 (NG), just that the number of computers that could, is less than the computers that could run FIFA09 (PS2). Do you really think that EA is stupid? If they wanted to, they could obviously create a game that could only be run by NASAs computers but it would be stupid. More people that can run the game= larger market. For gods sake..

We're obviously not communicating well to each other hehe, I have never said that FIFA is the most performance heavy game ever. I'm just telling you why I think they chose to go the way they did and I still believe my version is more realistic than yours (they hate PCs).

You have to understand that the reason high poly models and not physics and the animation system (edit: well and AI too) is in the PC version is because models is easy to just scale down without any difference regarding the online modes (because of separate hit boxes that keeps the same). You can't just scale down performance heavy physics and the animation system and think it will behave exactly the same as before. Do you understand this part? In a game like FIFA these things needs to be 100% the same, physics is not eye candy like in most other games, physics is everything. Like I said before, if they did make the physics or animation system scalable it would result in a choppy online experience because the game would have to adjust the position of the ball all the time.

It's quite simple, they want people with shit computers to be able to enjoy the game (online) and the easiest way to do this is to take something that is not performance heavy and build from there.

Since you didn't answer my question I guess you don't have much experience in programming. But this is obviously how you generally work when your application has to scale well. You don't create the most heavily app you can (without thinking about scaling it down) and THEN try to make it scale down well. This is why we have so many bad ports from consoles. They are "hard coded" to max out on that platform, and to through everything and make it scale down is a lot of work that developers just don't think is worth it. Especially now when we have multi cores (running multiple threads vs not).

I understand your frustration, I have a top of the line computer myself so I wouldn't mind a good PC version. I'm not having a fight with you, I'm just trying to shed some light on why they probably chose to do it this way.

Jesus christ. No one has said that PCs couldn't run FIFA09 (NG), just that the number of computers that could, is less than the computers that could run FIFA09 (PS2). Do you really think that EA is stupid? If they wanted to, they could obviously create a game that could only be run by NASAs computers but it would be stupid. More people that can run the game= larger market. For gods sake..

facepalm.jpg

Oh god....god...

We're obviously not communicating well to each other hehe, I have never said that FIFA is the most performance heavy game ever. I'm just telling you why I think they chose to go the way they did and I still believe my version is more realistic than yours (they hate PCs).

I guess not all of us understand thats 2009 and not 2001 now...
Again:
Dual cores=Standard
EA excuses=LAME

You have to understand that the reason high poly models and not physics and the animation system (edit: well and AI too) is in the PC version is because models is easy to just scale down without any difference regarding the online modes (because of separate hit boxes that keeps the same). You can't just scale down performance heavy physics and the animation system and think it will behave exactly the same as before. Do you understand this part? In a game like FIFA these things needs to be 100% the same, physics is not eye candy like in most other games, physics is everything. Like I said before, if they did make the physics or animation system scalable it would result in a choppy online experience because the game would have to adjust the position of the ball all the time.

For CHRISTS SAKE please try to understand its 2009 not 2001....£300 PRE BUILT RETARD FRIENDLY PCs come with 3ple Core CPUS....
I guess you have no idea how the mainstream pre built PC market works...A huge chunk of the PCs sold today come with VERY strong CPUs and pathetic GPUs...So EA's excuse doesnt work in reality.
As for Empire Total War this game is the most CPU intensive game on the planet it brings the 45nm brand new i7 Extreme to its knees....And still remains on the TOP of the charts:
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58187
Again the pathetic excuses of EA (not you) get brutally obliterated.

It's quite simple, they want people with shit computers to be able to enjoy the game (online) and the easiest way to do this is to take something that is not performance heavy and build from there.

Last gen Fifa and the word "enjoy" dont fit in the same sentence unless we are talking about teenagers that love licenses or people that dont know what shape a fooball ball is. Whats the point to play a game that gameplay wise is so crap that it was the laughing stock of the industry for a decade? Even if online is smooth whats the point?

Since you didn't answer my question I guess you don't have much experience in programming. But this is obviously how you generally work when your application has to scale well. You don't create the most heavily app you can (without thinking about scaling it down) and THEN try to make it scale down well. This is why we have so many bad ports from consoles. They are "hard coded" to max out on that platform, and to through everything and make it scale down is a lot of work that developers just don't think is worth it. Especially now when we have multi cores (running multiple threads vs not).

Thats what I mean. The market aint the same as 8 years ago....EA cannot be just the smart guys and all the other companies ive mentioned idiots....

I understand your frustration, I have a top of the line computer myself so I wouldn't mind a good PC version. I'm not having a fight with you, I'm just trying to shed some light on why they probably chose to do it this way.

EA knows that last gen fifa was crap...Thats why they invested and through that investment the feedback from the fans and lots of hard work they made a great game and engine. So on what basis does EA tries to compete with PES on PC? By having last gen ol same ol "worst than PES2008" FIFA? EA simply thinks that their customers are moronic zombies that will buy their game no matter what. The funny thing is that PES2009 is much LESS hardware intensive than the LAST GEN FIFA09 PC....and thats pathetic.

I see someone left the retard door unlocked again...

Wow little kid you really don't get it do you haha. I give up.
I did too, it really is pointless trying to discuss anything with someone so stupid.

oFifa09o = Fail.
Going round loads of threads and posting the same old rubbish in all of them (literally, nearly every post is the same, worded slightly differently) because he doesn't get his own way. Other people with good computers aren't whining about it every day.
Hopefully he realises how pathetic he's making himself look :LOL:.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did too, it really is pointless trying to discuss anything with someone so stupid.

oFifa09o = Fail.
Going round loads of threads and posting the same old rubbish in all of them (literally, nearly every post is the same, worded slightly differently) because he doesn't get his own way. Other people with good computers aren't whining about it every day.
Hopefully he realises how pathetic he's making himself look :LOL:.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09-pc/
Are you still laughing?

Wow little kid you really don't get it do you haha. I give up.

I would give up, mate.

You posted a perfectly logical, reasoned, well structured argument - which I totally agree with - and the guy throws it right back in your face without seemingly understanding any part of it.

Anyway, consoles are the home of football gaming. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom