FIFA10 PC: Rumors of Next Gen!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt sound nextgen, Seems basically the graphics and animations will be enhanced but no news on the gameplay (which is the main one)

aba,aba,aba buy console ..........hope for fools.How many they said that they wont release fifa ng on pc ?

Last edited:
So , learn how to read between the lines

...and stop your pathetic provoking

Last edited:
So , learn how to read between the lines

...and stop your pathetic provoking

Im not doing this :RANT:
But this :BOP:

PS on a serious note this is the reason Im convinced that a NG FIFA on PC would be by far the best footy sim http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52099

PS 2
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sports/virtuatennis2009/video/6207957?tag=gumballs;title;2
I hope that EA takes a good example of other companies....plus the improvement of PES2010 (judging from what KONAMI sais) on the PC being NG might push EA in the right direction....

Last edited:
That did mostly sound like they are taking parts of the current gen (stop calling it next gen already) and implementing on their "new" PC engine (that is an improved PS2 engine).

If I didn't have a 360 I would be very disappointed with this rumour.

That did mostly sound like they are taking parts of the current gen (stop calling it next gen already) and implementing on their "new" PC engine (that is an improved PS2 engine).

If I didn't have a 360 I would be very disappointed with this rumour.

Either way its EAs loss because KONAMI is stepping up while the dick-head of EA SPorts in his blind hatred towards the PC cannot see it...

When exactly is this stepping up going to happen?

Compared to the pathetic last gen FIFA09? Even the hilarius PES2008 is better....I cannot imagine PES2010 being worst than FIFA on the PC if the last one is still last gen...

I don't play games on my PC any more so it won't affect me if it's released on it or not.

But I have seen quite a few annoying, arrogant PC gamers on various forums who bash console gamers and always try to emphasise their PC's supposed superiority over consoles by saying how good Crysis looks, how mods make PC games better etc. yet will endlessly moan and rant about some games not being released on PC, so I actually hope FIFA 10 is still the crap old PS2 port version just to laugh at their reactions while I enjoy the proper version for another year.

this is the reason Im convinced that a NG FIFA on PC would be by far the best footy sim http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthr...he PC version would be a better simulation...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't play games on my PC any more so it won't affect me if it's released on it or not.

But I have seen quite a few annoying, arrogant PC gamers on various forums who bash console gamers and always try to emphasise their PC's supposed superiority over consoles by saying how good Crysis looks, how mods make PC games better etc. yet will endlessly moan and rant about some games not being released on PC, so I actually hope FIFA 10 is still the crap old PS2 port version just to laugh at their reactions while I enjoy the proper version for another year.

That really is rubbish reasoning, you think next-gen FIFA PC would be the best football simulation because of an unreleased mod for PES.
What's to say that a similar thing would be released for FIFA anyway? You could say the same about any PC game - "The PC version will be better because somebody will release a super-duper mod which will transform the game into a brilliant simulation"...

I've very rarely seen mods which make sports games far better than their console versions as a simulation - no mods for PES have been able to sort the woeful gameplay and none will, so on the pitch, the game is still nowhere near a simulation.
Yes, you can modify/add graphical such as faces/kits/balls/stadiums/boots etc. but for me these are just very minor things which are nice to have if they are available but not greatly missed if they are not and for FIFA, not much modding would be needed because of all the licences in it.

So the gameplay would almost certainly remain unchanged, and it's completely unknown whether a mod such as the one you linked to would be good/even be released, so you have no justification to say the PC version would be a better simulation...

So much hatred towards a platform.... :ROLL:
Anyway anyone is to his own opinion/taste...but you cannot deny the fact that some people might want to play Champions League from the 1st qualifying round in summer....some people might love a managment mod...some people might want leagues that are not included in fifa....some people might want their games their way and not having things pushed down their throats.
Either way showing rancor and joy over people's bad feelings is not a nice display....

So much hatred towards a platform.... :ROLL:
Anyway anyone is to his own opinion/taste...but you cannot deny the fact that some people might want to play Champions League from the 1st qualifying round in summer....some people might love a managment mod...some people might want leagues that are not included in fifa....some people might want their games their way and not having things pushed down their throats.
Either way showing rancor and joy over people's bad feelings is not a nice display....
I never said that people wouldn't like a management mod or more leagues, what I said was that you can't just assume that such a mod would be created for FIFA and that it would be any good.

I remember a PC fanboy on here saying this was the reason that the PC version would be better:
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=47177
There's been no news on it for months, and it's been "90% done" for about 6 months. The same may happen with the other mod, of course the creator will say otherwise but then so did the one for this one, and even if it does get released, it won't be out long before PES10 is released (with the football season finished...).

I seriously doubt that such a mod (for PES or FIFA) would be a management "simulation" anywhere near the quality of Football Manager anyway.

I never said that people wouldn't like a management mod or more leagues, what I said was that you can't just assume that such a mod would be created for FIFA and that it would be any good.

I remember a PC fanboy on here saying this was the reason that the PC version would be better:
http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=47177
There's been no news on it for months, and it's been "90% done" for about 6 months. The same may happen with the other mod, of course the creator will say otherwise but then so did the one for this one, and even if it does get released, it won't be out long before PES10 is released (with the football season finished...).

I seriously doubt that such a mod (for PES or FIFA) would be a management "simulation" anywhere near the quality of Football Manager anyway.

Either way if we take FIFA09 as it is and compare it to an edited one you cannot deny that the edited one is better...the margin of how much better is purely subjective....however it is better and I also would like to know what PC gamers have done to you? Why do you hate the platform so much? Do you even play FM2009 on a console?

Either way if we take FIFA09 as it is and compare it to an edited one you cannot deny that the edited one is better...the margin of how much better is purely subjective....however it is better
Yes, it may be better to look at, but as a football simulation it would not be any better at all unless someone made a gameplay patch (which would probably be nigh on impossible). So it's not difference that would make it "by far a better footy sim".
and I also would like to know what PC gamers have done to you? Why do you hate the platform so much?
A lot of PC gamers who post on forums i've been on have just been annoying people who, as I said before, always try to emphasise their PC's supposed superiority over consoles and they take gaming so seriously, so I just find it funny when they don't get their own way and have a tantrum about it.
Do you even play FM2009 on a console?
No, it's one of the only games I play on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom