FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014

Re: Road to the World Cup Brazil 2014

Ashley Williams is a liability, stupid error to gift Croatia a simple goal. Hard for me to say this as a Jack but he really is going through a shocking run of form at the moment. This pitch in Osijek is awful, seen better pitches in the Welsh Premier League!

ireland are winning 4-1 against the bus drivers and binmen. Trap still leaving,should be gone by friday

I hope Cookie Coleman joins Trap in the dole queue. Only one word to describe this Wales performance: "spineless"

Sweden made it 4-4 from 4-0 against Germany! They could even make it 4-5 if it wasn't for Tobias Sana's open goal miss after Neuer's blunder. INCREDIBLE!

Thank God I chose this game to watch tonight. :D

Last edited:

What a shocker 4-4, back from 4-0: great.
I watched Belgium-Scotland 2-0
Another De Bruyne-Benteke vital first goal. Difficult match against an oponent who defended well and could have scored the first goal on a free kick, but Courtois is class.
71% ball possession, 22 shots on goal...deserved victory.

I must apologize to English fans on behalf of Polish fiasco in organiziation :(.

Polish FA is a fucking disgrace! As was the whole preparation today.

Why the roof wasn't closed when the forecast predicted heavy rain today?! Is beyond me and rational understanding :/.

Hopefully tomorrow we will see good game...

Man, Germany played such a terrific game up until the 60th minute tonight, a truly stellar performance. What happened afterwards I blame mostly on our clueless coach. He himself later said that he could "feel" something was up after the first conceded goal, so why in the blue hell didn't he react? Why not sub in a defensive player? I take it as a one-of-kind blunder ...
Anyway: A night to remember for everyone involved and watching.

293732_10151209341179901_993863766_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yT15zV7TN_w

Last edited:

Russia = 4 matches, 4 wins, 8 goals, 0 allowed, 12 points. Capello so far been amazing, how stupid was England to let him go.

Portugal draw with North Ireland. So we are now 5 points ahead. We got some amazing chances to advance from first spot!

Sweden - Germany, best football match this autumn, hands down!
Absolutely amazing comeback from Sweden, Germany was leading 4-0!!! Sweden draw 4-4!!!!!!

congrats gabe, well deserved victory - I guess ('cuz I didn't even watch the game), even though it's not really a big achievement to defeat Turkey in the last years. when has it been so, though. thanks to the men who rule football here, we're again back to the old, dark days, when Turkish football always sucked in every competition at both club and NT levels. I don't watch my NT's games for more than a year, neither I support them. the whole FA and NT crew can f'n go to hell.

congrats gabe, well deserved victory - I guess ('cuz I didn't even watch the game), even though it's not really a big achievement to defeat Turkey in the last years. when has it been so, though. thanks to the men who rule football here, we're again back to the old, dark days, when Turkish football always sucked in every competition at both club and NT levels. I don't watch my NT's games for more than a year, neither I support them. the whole FA and NT crew can f'n go to hell.

same situation mate, same situation... but i only got problem with our FA, i think we got 4 top players(Bogdán,Gera,Dzsudzsák,Hajnal) and 3-4 very decent one...just like u

btw has been your manager dismissed because of this loss?

it was a pretty intresting match...you owned us in the first 20-25 minutes, we were outplayed, you took the lead then also,
then we got a lucky goal...or a big mistake from your keeper...then in the 2nd half we scored a beauty...then your team just freezed and we got a penalty and it was over....the ref didnt give u a penalty in the end, that could have change the outcome i guess...but...wow i dunno intresting match how everything changed compared to the 1st half
i have no idea when was the last time when we came from behind to win

Last edited:

thanks for the brief info, mate. it's just the same old Turkish NT mentality. 'start like an Englishman, finish it like a Turk' as we say. interestingly, it's as the same in other sports as football, too. regarding the basketball NT, I even lost the count of how many games we lost in the final minutes/seconds of 4th quarter no matter how big the difference was until that moment. our basketball players are pretty good guys on and off the pitch so I always keep supporting them.

but the case with football NT is different. it's run by some sort of football mafia consisting of Volkan Demirel, Arda Turan, Emre Belözoğlu with Acun Ilıcalı and Rıdvan Dilmen as the media part of it and many more guys I don't even know. no matter who's the coach, these guys run the show all the time, if they don't like the coach they play like amateurs and lose against even the weakest sides. but if they like the coach, this time, it gets exposed that they are actually not the best footballers around. and still, no matter how they perform, when not injured, nobody can cut these guys from the team.

as for the coach, Abdullah Avcı, while he was in charge at İBB, until he became the coach of NT, was one of my favourites alongside with Ertuğrul Sağlam (the guy who lost to Liverpool 8-0 as Beşiktaş coach lol) and Yılmaz Vural. I thought he would make the team man up and make us finally enjoy watching our NT but (thank God!) he proved me wrong immediately with his player selections. never thought he would become another son of the system. as he said he has no intention to resign from NT last night.

and here's a pic from that interview.

jJdui.png

What a shocker 4-4, back from 4-0: great.
I watched Belgium-Scotland 2-0
Another De Bruyne-Benteke vital first goal. Difficult match against an oponent who defended well and could have scored the first goal on a free kick, but Courtois is class.
71% ball possession, 22 shots on goal...deserved victory.

Booooooo!

:) your boys done well, some class players you have. 3rd most expensive team collated together though, was surprised at that.

Defo going to world cup mate.

FD

thanks for the brief info, mate. it's just the same old Turkish NT mentality. 'start like an Englishman, finish it like a Turk' as we say. interestingly, it's as the same in other sports as football, too. regarding the basketball NT, I even lost the count of how many games we lost in the final minutes/seconds of 4th quarter no matter how big the difference was until that moment. our basketball players are pretty good guys on and off the pitch so I always keep supporting them.

but the case with football NT is different. it's run by some sort of football mafia consisting of Volkan Demirel, Arda Turan, Emre Belözoğlu with Acun Ilıcalı and Rıdvan Dilmen as the media part of it and many more guys I don't even know. no matter who's the coach, these guys run the show all the time, if they don't like the coach they play like amateurs and lose against even the weakest sides. but if they like the coach, this time, it gets exposed that they are actually not the best footballers around. and still, no matter how they perform, when not injured, nobody can cut these guys from the team.

as for the coach, Abdullah Avcı, while he was in charge at İBB, until he became the coach of NT, was one of my favourites alongside with Ertuğrul Sağlam (the guy who lost to Liverpool 8-0 as Beşiktaş coach lol) and Yılmaz Vural. I thought he would make the team man up and make us finally enjoy watching our NT but (thank God!) he proved me wrong immediately with his player selections. never thought he would become another son of the system. as he said he has no intention to resign from NT last night.

and here's a pic from that interview.

jJdui.png

It is very simple. We don't have a squad with quality. Only Arda Turan is from a international level. Our defence is a disaster, our strikers... Do we even have strikers? Sure the coach and other influences are to blame, but it is a clear fact that we don't have the quality to perform on a regular base.

ummm Kazim Kazim, Arda Turan, Hamit Altintop, Nuri Sahin, Gökhan Tore+ Emre are not good base enough for an organized team?

sure they are not Rüstü, Hakan Sükür, young Emre, Hasan Sas, Alpay, Okan, Tugay, Umit Davala, Nihat or Ilhan Mansiz ofcourse...

ummm Kazim Kazim, Arda Turan, Hamit Altintop, Nuri Sahin, Gökhan Tore+ Emre are not good base enough for an organized team?

sure they are not Rüstü, Hakan Sükür, young Emre, Hasan Sas, Alpay, Okan, Tugay, Umit Davala, Nihat or Ilhan Mansiz ofcourse...

There is no team spirit in this squad. In 2002 we had players with outstanding mentality.

Don't worry, Brazil will win that WC.
Brazil has to win that WC.
FIFA will do everything possible to ensure that Brazil will win that WC.

I just wonder who the second finalist will be.

I can't see it gerd. They can't do it. The team is very young and not ready.

Last edited:

Brazilian media are talking about Guardiola being the new NT coach, I still can't believe they sacked Mano, he was doing a good job so far. The team is really immature & needs a leader, and he (Mano) was trying to find a symbiosis between this new generation & the old guard (Ronaldinho, Kaká...) to create that great team Brazil should be :/

hope they get a new coach who's aware of there's a guy named Luiz Gustavo around.

Luiz Felipe Scolari and Pep Guardiola are far ahead as favorites for the spot. What happened with mr. Menezes was that he promoted a lot of players who coincidently were transfered to other teams in very expensive contracts, like Hulk to Zenit and so on (including some unknown players). He was not able to set up a team through all the time he was the coach nor could he beat a top 10 national team in exhibition matches...

Going late in my opinion

hope they get a new coach who's aware of there's a guy named Luiz Gustavo around.

yup, he's finally named in the brazil squad. well done, Scolari.

Goalkeepers: Diego Cavalieri (Fluminense), Julio Cesar (Queens Park Rangers)

Defenders: Dani Alves (Barcelona), Dante (Bayern Munich), David Luiz (Chelsea), Dedé (Vasco), Filipe Luís (Atlético Madrid), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain)

Midfielders: Fernando (Grêmio), Hernanes (Lazio), Jean (Fluminese), Kaká (Real Madrid), Lucas (Paris Saint-Germain), Luiz Gustavo (Bayern Munich), Oscar (Chelsea), Ramires (Chelsea)

Forwards: Diego Costa (Atlético Madrid) Fred (Fluminense), Hulk (Zenit St Petersburg), Neymar (Santos)

----------------Cesar
-------Dante---Luiz---Silva
Alves--Ramires--Gustavo--Marcelo
----------------Oscar
------------Hulk----Neymar

it seems a bit utopic but I'd love to see how this lineup would perform. even though he had a similar formation in 2002, Scolari knowing the players and the right system for them better than me (obviously) will probably have very different choices in the end. :)

Back
Top Bottom