FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

I think PES outshines FIFA in passing, crossing, heading, ball physics, Player models and likeness but its wasted if the modes are so boring and broken.

I wasn't going to answer you, but since this is the contrast thread I figured what the hell...
I honestly can't understand how PES outshines FIFA in crossing and heading, in your eyes. For the love of me, I can't see any variety or good animations or even good mechanics in PES on those two areas.

Ball phyisics? Yeah, PES smacks FIFA out of the park.
Passing? That's a lot more even. They go toe to toe.

the one thing that pes & fifa agree each other is they are best on (decent) pc :BYE:.
It is not about pc master race. i just played at office this evening both fifa 18 and pes 2018 on ps4, my impression was :BLINK:. Both quality just does not justify us$ 60 :JAY:.

Regarding game modes, with my current daily life at 34, pes 2019 ML does fit for its purpose. Making it deeper won't benefit me. i don't have time checking this and that.. let's go straight on to the pitch:P.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to answer you, but since this is the contrast thread I figured what the hell...
I honestly can't understand how PES outshines FIFA in crossing and heading, in your eyes. For the love of me, I can't see any variety or good animations or even good mechanics in PES on those two areas.

Ball phyisics? Yeah, PES smacks FIFA out of the park.
Passing? That's a lot more even. They go toe to toe.

I guess its just preference.
I like the weight of the ball in pes when crossing.

Heading both could be better - fifas are overpowered and PESs are under powered at times.

Fifa 19 launch week sales are down 25% compared to previous year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...nch-physical-sales-down-25-percent-on-fifa-18

In comparison Pes 2019 launch week sales were down 40% compared to previous year.

It's still quite a big drop for Fifa, and in comparison it's a bigger number of sales lost.

Could be digital shift, who knows, but i'm just recalling that when i reported a 40% drop for Pes everyone was ready to call it dead. Well, 25% of Fifa sales is an important drop too.
Asim seems to think so.

Oohhhh I get it now! @P34SEMM is butthurt because Sterling used to play for Liverpool (his team) and left them for City! :D

I’d rather have who we have now. But he’s a good player.

So I started master league last night with Lyon.
Put a few on transfer market and bought Werner from Lipzieg.
Not played any games yet as I started it late.
Let’s see how this goes.

I am genuinely stumped as to what game I a going to get... I'm still wary that if i buy FIFA that sliders aren't going to be a magic wand, I'm also wary that PES probably wont fix the AI to the extent of the problems that we've encountered.

I went last year without buying a football game. I'd really like one this year. bit of a dilemma

I am genuinely stumped as to what game I a going to get... I'm still wary that if i buy FIFA that sliders aren't going to be a magic wand, I'm also wary that PES probably wont fix the AI to the extent of the problems that we've encountered.

I went last year without buying a football game. I'd really like one this year. bit of a dilemma
For me, the heart of the issue with PES is just how on-rails and basic it all is. Yes, those basics (e.g. ball physics) may be fantastic, but comparing footage of a PES goal (as in, the entire move) to a real goal, and it's all just straight-line passing, very little hustle/bustle and a booming shot.

FIFA has lots of little systems going on at once, and yeah that means you get some wacky animations (and I don't like the rubberyness of it either), but I'd argue that's a lot closer to reality. I see a goal in FIFA, compare it to reality (the speed and urgency of runs, the aggression in the defending, the clashing together, the variety in everything) and I think "wow".

Both games are, at their core, the embodiment of themselves. PES is PES, FIFA is FIFA. But if you've had a year off I reckon you might come to FIFA with a clean slate (in terms of how a football game is "supposed" to feel - a lot of us have that ingrained, and anything else doesn't feel right).

The PES AI patch won't fix the on-rails'ness of everything, so it won't be enough for me personally. FIFA patches may ruin the game offline - but you know what, given the change from demo to beta to retail (fast and not great, to good, to great)... I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt this time.

What is meant by this on-rails'ness by the way? I encountered similiar terms several times but i am starting to think everybody has an own defintion of it.

For me, the heart of the issue with PES is just how on-rails and basic it all is. Yes, those basics (e.g. ball physics) may be fantastic, but comparing footage of a PES goal (as in, the entire move) to a real goal, and it's all just straight-line passing, very little hustle/bustle and a booming shot.

FIFA has lots of little systems going on at once, and yeah that means you get some wacky animations (and I don't like the rubberyness of it either), but I'd argue that's a lot closer to reality. I see a goal in FIFA, compare it to reality (the speed and urgency of runs, the aggression in the defending, the clashing together, the variety in everything) and I think "wow".

Both games are, at their core, the embodiment of themselves. PES is PES, FIFA is FIFA. But if you've had a year off I reckon you might come to FIFA with a clean slate (in terms of how a football game is "supposed" to feel - a lot of us have that ingrained, and anything else doesn't feel right).

The PES AI patch won't fix the on-rails'ness of everything, so it won't be enough for me personally. FIFA patches may ruin the game offline - but you know what, given the change from demo to beta to retail (fast and not great, to good, to great)... I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt this time.

Cheers, I feel like I will give FIFA a try, I haven't owned a FIFA since 12 so i think that at the least it'll take me a while to notice and feel all the shitty little things that I would pick up in PES in an instant due to the closeness I have with the series. downside there is i know the price will never drop but PES will probably at £20 in a few weeks time :D

Both games have their flaws.

As Chris says PES is PES and always looks crap in replays so I skip them all. AI acting odd, Master league and its bizarre transfers.

Fifa for me is Fifa - and that's not (at the moment) fun for me. Players skating 2 yards to get into position, ball looks like a marble, sliders - not sure whether they improve the game or fuck it up. Feet ghosting through the ball (is it called clipping?). A lot of players not had an update for 3 years.

I think Im gonna give Fifa one more try and if it dont work for me then Ill leave it as maybe im over thinking it.
So from this point ill not be mentioning Fifa anymore.

We will see within a two months which game after the patches will presents better. I have no doubt that Pes 2019. Without patches i see that people come back to Pes 2019 after playing Fifa 19.
Why can’t we enjoy both games? Or do we have to choose one?

And why would everyone come back to PES after playing FIFA 19? Genuine question :)

Why can’t we enjoy both games? Or do we have to choose one?

And why would everyone come back to PES after playing FIFA 19? Genuine question :)
I didn’t say everyone come back to Pes after playing Fifa 19. I said about trends for some people to come playing Pes 2019 after experiance with full Fifa 19. Of course we can enjoy two of them. Its different football experiance. For me its taste of two of them :)

I didn’t say everyone come back to Pes after playing Fifa 19. I said about trends for some people to come playing Pes 2019 after experiance with full Fifa 19. Of course we can enjoy two of them. Its different football experiance. For me its taste of two of them :)
I like both games for the first time ever I think. I always liked one and not the other.

I do think that PES will get a lot of attention once this new patch happens later in month.

But where the hell are Monaco/Celtic/Rangers stadiums? Why do they delay these things? Give us our money’s worth from Day 1, not 2 months later.

I like both games for the first time ever I think. I always liked one and not the other.

I do think that PES will get a lot of attention once this new patch happens later in month.

But where the hell are Monaco/Celtic/Rangers stadiums? Why do they delay these things? Give us our money’s worth from Day 1, not 2 months later.
I’m 100% sure that Celtic Park,Ibrox and Stade Louise II will come on DLC until the end of october. In August they signed agreements with Monaco, Celtic and Rangers to be a official partnership clubs in Pes 2019.

We will see within a two months which game after the patches will presents better. I have no doubt that Pes 2019. Without patches i see that people come back to Pes 2019 after playing Fifa 19.

Its based on any statistic source or on you own opinion that based on irrational hate to fifa ? You sounds like you trying to convince yourself that Fifa is for brainless people and pes is something special and deep for ..upper class''

At this moment i can describe fifa as not very good but just decent game . If they will fix first time shoots , tiki taka from time to time , overpowered head shoots then it will be very good game. When it comes to Pes , Konami didn't mention what exacly means ,,gameplay patch'' so we should stick with facts at the moment . I don't believe that they will fix major problems with overdated AI. i think it need much more time than most of people here think. Anyway , i will keep my fingers crossed coz it could be great to have two good games .

100% there with you.

This ''on-rails'' thing that they say for Pes is mostly because of the players and the ball having a realistic feel of weight and physics.Still prefer it to Fifa's ground pass hockey puck feel and lob pass balloon feel.
Sometimes having the basics work how they should animationwise is preferable than having a problematic variety with twitchy and unstable animations and the eternal problem of players feeling like ballarines on Fifa.
Also they love so much their precious CR7 that because of the goal against Juve last year they now have turned this shit into Bicycle Kick Simulator 19 lol.

Anybody else watching the Champions League games tonight?

Firstly, the Man City game. Passes barely left the floor. Yeah, a few bobbled, and bobbling would be nice. But actually, I'm expecting to see the ball reacting like it's a Sunday League pitch.

Secondly. The amount of players crumpling together into a heap, in the City game and the United game - the amount of clearances deflecting back to the strikers - it's just so much better represented in FIFA, for me.

Anybody else watching the Champions League games tonight?

Firstly, the Man City game. Passes barely left the floor. Yeah, a few bobbled, and bobbling would be nice. But actually, I'm expecting to see the ball reacting like it's a Sunday League pitch.

Secondly. The amount of players crumpling together into a heap, in the City game and the United game - the amount of clearances deflecting back to the strikers - it's just so much better represented in FIFA, for me.

Yeah, lots of players piled up within a small rectangle.
Lots of poor passes and poor first touch too!

This ''on-rails'' thing that they say for Pes is mostly because of the players and the ball having a realistic feel of weight and physics.Still prefer it to Fifa's ground pass hockey puck feel and lob pass balloon feel.
Sometimes having the basics work how they should animationwise is preferable than having a problematic variety with twitchy and unstable animations and the eternal problem of players feeling like ballarines on Fifa.
Also they love so much their precious CR7 that because of the goal against Juve last year they now have turned this shit into Bicycle Kick Simulator 19 lol.

Back in the days its indeed was on rails and it added more player weight and repressed the play into more tight places. You felt you have to find way on the field to the goal. This is one of the reason we might never again see such games as PES6 and prior to that regarding player weight. There will be never ever rails in a football game, thats out dated.

However 2019 represents that very well tho with the player weights! The best for a few years.

This is a trademark PES feeling which FIFA cant represent currently as players feel like ragdolls to me.

I couldn't care less. To each his/her own. I just have to laugh at Lons who sounds like he's trying to convince himself, more than anyone else.:)

Back
Top Bottom