FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

from my past experience, PES has the better playability.
playing FIFA is like playing a different game altogether - yes its football but the controls (manual) feel so different.
I still haven't got to grips with what is going on/how to control things.
The great thing this year is because PES messed up, I'm prepared to give FIFA more of my time. .

Because I kind of already know the MyClub format, FIFA offer me a lot of exploration options - with control settings, teams, players, sliders, career mode and FUT.

Once I have my fill of FIFA, a return to PES 2019-fully-working-version or PES 2020 will be a breath of fresh air.

I would love to be skilled in both games.

Pretty much how I feel. Even the animations are better on PES overall. Going from one game to another what really stands out for me is the passing, player movement/weight of the players and the pace & flow of the game is so much realistic in PES than FIFA it’s shocking.
I spent all last night trying to get it to play somewhat like pes but I just couldn't. It's just too chaotic. Players bouncing into each other , I can see what they are trying to do with physicality but it's just done poorly. Plus there's hardly any fouls.
I scored a full manual over head kick and it was just too easy I felt nothing. Maybe it will be patched , I think it needs to be to be tightened up ..also the control options don't save from game to game which is annoying

I've seen some bug collisions in fifa problem is either they aren't called or advantage rule is over too quick..pes 17 had a similar issue. .seeing quite a few in pes 19..no pens yet though...in fifa I've had 6 games on the bounce and only 1 foul in all the games..my opinion is the physicality isn't right so EA has nerfed the refs to prevent 20 per game

I would consider myself someone who who likes Fifa and pes.
Fifa always plays great then things start to annoy.
Pes has always had more depth and learning curve.
I've not played either since Friday so looking forward to booting up Fifa as ive hardly played it yet.

View attachment 7050

View attachment 7051

View attachment 7052

Don't tell me FIFA isn't about details.
Don't tell me FIFA doesn't have amazing graphics.

You're entitled to like PES more over FIFA in every way, but just don't undermine FIFA 19's value.

Yes on zoom but from wide dynamic camera Pes 2019 smashed FIFA 19 in graphics LOD department. Lighting in particular day matches, grass textures,player models, animations,kits textures,ball physics and nets physics.

Fifa 19 launch week sales are down 25% compared to previous year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...nch-physical-sales-down-25-percent-on-fifa-18

In comparison Pes 2019 launch week sales were down 40% compared to previous year.

It's still quite a big drop for Fifa, and in comparison it's a bigger number of sales lost.

Could be digital shift, who knows, but i'm just recalling that when i reported a 40% drop for Pes everyone was ready to call it dead. Well, 25% of Fifa sales is an important drop too.

Fifa 19 launch week sales are down 25% compared to previous year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...nch-physical-sales-down-25-percent-on-fifa-18

In comparison Pes 2019 launch week sales were down 40% compared to previous year.

It's still quite a big drop for Fifa, and in comparison it's a bigger number of sales lost.

Could be digital shift, who knows, but i'm just recalling that when i reported a 40% drop for Pes everyone was ready to call it dead. Well, 25% of Fifa sales is an important drop too.

I have a few mates who are fifa fans who arent buying FIFA19, Yet, anyway.
They dont feel the CL licence, updated kits and bits and pieces are worth £50 (£60 if you digitally download it).
Plus they dont play as much as they used to due to family commitments.
Thats why FIFA19 will revert over a series of patches to previous Fifas as my generation of people who have bought it for 20 odd years either dont game anymore or have better things to spend their money on. The kids have all their pocket money to buy packs in FUT.
Still think it will sell more as Christmas is round the corner.

View attachment 7050

View attachment 7051

View attachment 7052

Don't tell me FIFA isn't about details.
Don't tell me FIFA doesn't have amazing graphics.

You're entitled to like PES more over FIFA in every way, but just don't undermine FIFA 19's value.

Only thing is.....That looks nothing like Sterling and Augero - Sane is good.
I am really disappointed in things like Costa not being updated for about 3 years.
For a game thats has so detail things like this really annoy.

I bought last year's physically then had to sell it to buy the digital version so I could have it on 2 ps4s. This year's I bought digitally although just the standard version.

After spending whole weekend playing Fifa I can say that both of games have their strengts and weaknesess. Pes play very lifelike and more simualtion football on the pitch, on the ball it`s unparalleled to any other game until now. On the other side AI issues are there, if Konami fix it with a patch Pes will be winner for me this year. Fifa had other issues, animations look strange sometimes, poor ball physics and graphics are not in par with Pes at all. With all the flaws both Pes and FIfa are good games in their own way. I had much fun with Fifa and I like a lot, I will continue to play it becouse somehow I come back for one more game which is familiar thing with Pes games in the past. Everyone of us know what things he like more in football games so that game will be for him in the end. I like both of them for what they are!

poor ball physics

Honestly i read many people that put ball physics as a negative and i agree with me. This is by far the worst negative in Fifa for me.

Ball feels like innatural moving, both in short and long passes, and that's a huge no for me, because the ball is the focus of the football. Without a convincing simulation of ball physics i can't really like the game. That is the real reason why i never liked Fifa all these years.

How looks online in FIFA 19? Devision?

I only play online in FIFA. Enjoying it. I won my first game of the 5 that decide which division you will start in but most teams I came up against had loan players like Ronaldo etc so lost the next 4. Started in division 6 and now into 5. Winning most games and every game is different. Got Balotelli up front who is so powerful. Score lots of corners with him at near post and he can outmuscle players so well.

I'm not seeing the major issues with ball physics in FIFA that others say. Can you show videos of examples? I'm amazed by how the ball spins sometimes off the grass and how it changes direction based on context of being hit. Have no issue with it at all.

Is it just that the ball doesn't come off the ground and bobble when making passes?

I don't have any videos but I've seen slow moving balls take a deflection then speed up unnaturally. Headers and shots from slow moving crosses / passes just too powerful.
One thing I did notice unrelated is that by speeding up acceleration to 60 it looks to get rid of that awful run animation. I really expect ea to patch this to death , be surprised if they don't

Its all down to depth. If you like FIFA youll love this years especially those who dislike arcade football and have craved for fifa to go sim based.
Pes for a majority of their games have always been good on the pitch. I cant see how anyone who likes football cannot like PES19 - especially after patch comes out. I would just like to see some keeper animations fixed and replaced but other than that it plays the best PES for a while.
Both games in 4k look stunning.

But........game depth - FIFA has so many modes. PES has a few but they are all half arsed.

As an offline gamer (for football) its down to whats going to keep me playing for a year. Where can I lose myself until PES/FIFA20.....

This is where I want realism in my career mode. I dont want to see Liverpool sell their front 3. I dont want to see City sell De Bryne to Utd.
I dont want to see Leicester play schmichael up front and players move from year to year or as someone saw twice in one summer -and all for silly money.
This is where PES really lets itself down. 90% of PES players love the Master League and the fact its been largley ignored for the last few years is a disgrace.
So unless the Master League patch really does sort out all the above problems then it will just sit on my shelf gathering dust.

I only play online in FIFA. Enjoying it. I won my first game of the 5 that decide which division you will start in but most teams I came up against had loan players like Ronaldo etc so lost the next 4. Started in division 6 and now into 5. Winning most games and every game is different. Got Balotelli up front who is so powerful. Score lots of corners with him at near post and he can outmuscle players so well.

I'm not seeing the major issues with ball physics in FIFA that others say. Can you show videos of examples? I'm amazed by how the ball spins sometimes off the grass and how it changes direction based on context of being hit. Have no issue with it at all.

Is it just that the ball doesn't come off the ground and bobble when making passes?
Yes ball should bobble when making passing. In FIFA 19 is like a puck.

It´s really strange how Konami and EA yearly revamp their physics (often for the worse). There is a new interpretation in every new iteration instead of just focusing to realistic values.

FIFA had much more lifelike outcomes around 16/17 and took a whole step backwards now.

PES ball physics on the other hand were shockingly unrealistic in 2017, but had a giant improvement in PES2018, maxed out this year.

I really wonder why they touch them every year.

Only thing is.....That looks nothing like Sterling and Augero - Sane is good.
I am really disappointed in things like Costa not being updated for about 3 years.
For a game thats has so detail things like this really annoy.

Whaaaat?
Sterling is a perfect replica man, what are you talking about!?
I agree about Aguero though, could be better. But Konami's Aguero is even worse.

Its all down to depth. If you like FIFA youll love this years especially those who dislike arcade football and have craved for fifa to go sim based.
Pes for a majority of their games have always been good on the pitch. I cant see how anyone who likes football cannot like PES19 - especially after patch comes out. I would just like to see some keeper animations fixed and replaced but other than that it plays the best PES for a while.
Both games in 4k look stunning.

But........game depth - FIFA has so many modes. PES has a few but they are all half arsed.

As an offline gamer (for football) its down to whats going to keep me playing for a year. Where can I lose myself until PES/FIFA20.....

This is where I want realism in my career mode. I dont want to see Liverpool sell their front 3. I dont want to see City sell De Bryne to Utd.
I dont want to see Leicester play schmichael up front and players move from year to year or as someone saw twice in one summer -and all for silly money.
This is where PES really lets itself down. 90% of PES players love the Master League and the fact its been largley ignored for the last few years is a disgrace.
So unless the Master League patch really does sort out all the above problems then it will just sit on my shelf gathering dust.
Master League is a disgrace really. It’s been the same, actually no, it’s even worse than it was a few years ago because of many factors [a big one for
me is playing at the same stadiums over and over again, it’s a huge immersion killer.]

At least with PES 2013 we could play at loads of created stadiums that the community had designed and shared.

The shooting trajectories are still far too samey and straight in PES. Fifa 19 you see such a varied amount of goals scored. PES is limited here.

PES 2019 shines in the middle of the pitch, midfield play and build up football it does better than ever. But when there is nothing to do, what’s the point?

PES 2019 shines in the middle of the pitch, midfield play and build up football it does better than ever. But when there is nothing to do, what’s the point?

I think PES outshines FIFA in passing, crossing, heading, ball physics, Player models and likeness but its wasted if the modes are so boring and broken.

I wonder if i am the only one who just plays regular offline seasons anymore. Career modes with (mostly absurd) transfers would completely confuse me and i never ever tried all the other game modes a single time.

I wonder if i am the only one who just plays regular offline seasons anymore. Career modes with (mostly absurd) transfers would completely confuse me and i never ever tried all the other game modes a single time.
Don’t you get bored with the same 3 stadiums every match?

I need more in my football games these days. If I was playing Offline Seasons back in the PS2 days I’d probably be happy. But I can’t just play game after game, at the same stadium, with no injuries and no penalty kick awards...it gets far too samey and tedious

I took the editor and assigned a different stadium to every team in my league (Bundesliga). So every away game is at a different ground.

It is just as boring as real football is...

Back
Top Bottom